[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck Windows 10... >put my PC in sleep mode >wakes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: windowsshit.jpg (37 KB, 701x405) Image search: [Google]
windowsshit.jpg
37 KB, 701x405
What the fuck Windows 10...

>put my PC in sleep mode
>wakes up a couple hours later
>fucks up my nvidia control panel
>upon awakening of my PC it opens the disc tray and asks to insert a disc
>woke it up once and a few icons were missing
>restart
>profile disappears
>restart
>profile appears and says I'm "offline"
>restart
>finally fixed

The fuck is going on with this shit?
>>
File: 1449836731460.jpg (25 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1449836731460.jpg
25 KB, 500x375
>install Windows 10
>everything just works
>>
>>52113535

W10 is shit.
It bluescreened a lot on me when I upgraded my laptop to see if it was worth the trouble.

Couldnt stand that shit after 2 weeks and installed Vista of all things, which actually ran a LOT better after a truckload of updates.

I imagine that a fresh install of W10 runs better than an upgraded one. But it's not worth it and 7 is still better in almost every way.
>>
>>52113603
I fucking loved 7.

But seriously, does anybody know what the fuck is up with it randomly asking to insert a disc? It only does it after I wake it up from sleep.
>inb4 not tech support

I want to know if anyone else is having this issue.
>>
>>52113535
>>52113637
>asks to insert a disc
It's telling you that you should consider suicide for using rom drives in literally 2016
>>
>>52113637

It might be in repair mode or some shit. Maybe it wants the Windows disc so I can repair? But that message ought to be coming up before the OS boots up.

You should insert some random disc and see what happens.
>>
>>52113680
>what are cds???!!!??
>>
>>52113603
Have you considered the fact that you may have a shitty old ass laptop with shitty driver support for win 10.
>>
>>52113794

>Laptop can run Windows Vista, 7, and 8.1
>10 is the only one that fucks up

I dont think it was the laptop that was the problem.
>>
>>52113743
Obsolete.
>>
>>52113821
I didn't say anything about it not being able to run win 10.
I said does it have official driver support on your manufacturers website.

Because mine doesn't, but I'm not a stupid cuck who complains about win 10 being shit (not that it isn't), especially when it's because of no official driver support.
>>
Timing couldn't be better. Just woke up my PC and I have no wallpaper after an unauthorized Microsoft update just happened.
>>
>>52113895
Is your wallpaper completely gone or is it covered with weird dots?
>>
>>52113935
Completely gone. Just had to set it again.

Everything else seemed to be in order though.
>>
Botnet
>>
>>52113535
>upon awakening of my PC it opens the disc tray and asks to insert a disc

It was begging for money.
>>
>>52113535
>restart
>restart
>restart
Is that way to fix windows-computers? What the fuck?
>>
>>52114473
When your programs are missing and there is nothing you can do, yes.
>>
>>52113968
That happens in 8.1 too. Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure that's happened to me in xp before.
>>
>>52113743
the only excuse to use cd's nowadays is if you want to burn off a segacd/psx/dc/saturn/etc game
>>
>>52113680
Do they sell movies on USB sticks yet?
>>
>>52113535
>The fuck is going on with this shit?
why you shoudnt use a ssd in sleep mode
>>
Everyone having issues with win 10 must have shit pcs
It runs fine, turn your updates to notify you fist and. Your good
>>
>>52113535
But anon... they told me that it just werks in daily Windows shill thread.
>>
>>52117824
> implying movies come in CDs
>>
>>52117729
You can also use blue-rays as a cold backup
>>
>>52117824
The only reason they didn't do it is that it would be extremely easy to copy and pirate it. It would result in the movie leaking online after 10 minutes after the sales starts , not 20...
>>
File: wp_ss_20151229_0001.png (43 KB, 768x1280) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20151229_0001.png
43 KB, 768x1280
getting really tired of this bs
>>
>>52113585
This. Seriously.

I think most people who have problems with 10 are comp-illiterate. Haven't had a single issue with it.
>>
>>52117998
>SOMETHING HAPPENED
>SOMETHING HAPPENED
>SOMETHING HAPPENED
kek
literally trash-tier operating system
>>
File: JJ.webm (2 MB, 1067x600) Image search: [Google]
JJ.webm
2 MB, 1067x600
>installed windows 10

You only have yourself to blame.
>>
>>52117945
>The only reason they didn't do it is that it would be extremely easy to copy and pirate it.
There's literally no difference. They're Not doing it because literal plastic discs are cheaper than usb sticks.
>>
>>52113603
>laptop
There's your problem m8. Anything but a clean windows install will fuck up sometime.
I have literally not had any problems with windows 10 on my desktop, as it has 100% pure windows. My laptop on the other hand, has had 2 bosds on the first day while updating. It took me two hours to update everything, delete as much bloat as possible, turn off things I don't need (cortana, location, other user experience bullshit), go through all the files to make sure there isn't any shit left of all the bloat I deleted. I downloaded ccleaner and ran the registry checker or whatever it's called, it found 680 'problems', it also cleaned up like 6gb on the 128gb ssd. Fuck oem pre-installed windows. It's like Android, all oems fuck it up in some way, some less than others, some a lot more.
>>
>>52118160
that 6gb was windows.old you dummy
>>
>>52118182
Well, it might be possible that 2-3 gb of it was windows.old, but I don't think it took up 6gb.
>>
>updates have become p2p (exploit waiting to happen)
>you can't turn updates off
>privacy is a nightmare, they have decided to skip the eula and just automatic update the thing you agreed to.
>built in app store so you can get website wrappers.
>bad highdpi support
>bitlocker key is automatically uploaded to your onedrive
>cortana is basically a useless feature but requires a lot of data mining to work.

I mean the only benefit I can see it offers is the removal of the nagware they put on windows 7.
Why did you do it?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.