[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HP Touchpad thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image%3A1629.jpg (46 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
image%3A1629.jpg
46 KB, 640x427
Anyone else still use one of these? What are using on it?
>>
>>52113457
>Mfw that uses gnome.
>>
my dad bought one when they were $99 each
somehow found out you could put android (cm 11) on them and had me do it for him
see him using it all the time, but he's said you can't have too many apps open at once (assuming because it has shit for memory)
aside from putting cm on it i haven't used it for more than 20 minutes, but netflix seemed to run well enough (as long as it was the only app running)
web browsing was good too
>>
>>52113711
Similar use pattern here. Picked up the little bluetooth keyboard and unit during the HP firesale. Installed CM9/10/now 11. Mainly use it for taking notes on short trips and playing back 720p re-encoded videos on flights. Some of my 1080p will play back in VLC, not all of it, but who cares?

What I like: root, USB connectivity for bulk transfers, WiFi for normal use, just shovel shit onto it before I go and need no wireless. Form factor is comfy.
>>
installed Lollipop on it

surprisingly zippy and usable.

10/10
>>
File: Hikikomori_anime_artwork.jpg (14 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Hikikomori_anime_artwork.jpg
14 KB, 350x350
Got mine during the fire sale, running cm11 kinda beat up now, and slow but it still does a good job at handling comic rack for manga and comics. Really love the 4:3 screen, seriously wish their was a higher resolution 4:3 tablet on the market under 200$ that's not something from china with no warranty
>>
Basically my designated tablet for watching videos while traveling and readings PDFs when at home or in a lecture.

Got the 32GB version for like 130 bucks and I plan to use it until it breaks.
>>
>>52113457
Used mines daily till the emmc wore down to only 1 MB/s transfer speed. It's now my alarm/photo frame.
>>
>>52113457
Man, webOS was awesome...
>>
Use mine all of the time. Videos, reading games. Bought it from eBay for 50.
>>
http://forum.xda-developers.com/hp-touchpad/help/rom-guide-how-to-install-android-4-4-x-t2912820/
>>
>>52115817
Which LP ROM? They seem to come with some afwul caveats.
>>
>>52118053
agreed.
>>
>>52119188
evervolv 5.1.1
>>
File: 2015-12-12 01.18.48.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-12 01.18.48.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Still running CM9 on mine, no other rom comes near its standby time, and having tablet UI is a must
>>
What a glorious device and OS, almost brings a tear to me eyes.... Bought a Palm Pre the day it came out and a touchpad when they went on that fire sale, still have it running android now.
>>
installed android on my some years ago.
it's buggy as fuck and always giving me issues.
I really need to upgrade the CM install but fuck if I know how
>>
>>52121501
Please tell me you're not running android 2.3 on it, that shit was awful
>>
>>52121501
>>52118847

use the recommended rom
>>
>>52113457
install android

I wish mine still worked but it fucked up and stopped being able to write to memory for god knows why, leaving it to only crash after a few hours of usage. This was when android development was early on it so I was just chrooting to debian which worked great.
>>
>>52121609
Use tptoolbox should be able to fix it.
>>
Why do you people still use this piece of shit? 1024x768 is shit.
>>
>>52121351
Jcsullins CM11 build is pretty good IMO. I mean kitkats tablet ui could be better, its definetly quicker than cm9
>>
>>52122172
I don't care about resolution too much and I like to use my hardware until it dies. My current laptop is a x200.
>>
>>52122223
I dunno, I tried a bunch of roms and the only noticeable difference was no tablet UI, no flash, slightly more available apps and half the standby time.

Or can you install flash in newer versions? I rarely use it to watch streams on app-less websites
>>
>>52122404
I don't know about the flash thing I don't use it.
>>
>>52116909
iPad Mini
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.