[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
YET ANOTHER URGENT FIREFOX RELEASE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: empowerment.jpg (286 KB, 850x438) Image search: [Google]
empowerment.jpg
286 KB, 850x438
>5 release channels (nightly, developer, beta, "stable", long term)
>3 botnet features (healh reports, telemetry, crash reports)
>can't get shit done right and need to keep pushing up urgent fixes nonstop

The fuckers have managed to do it 3 times in a row. This is already the FOURTH Firefox "stable" release in TWO WEEKS.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/43.0.3/releasenotes/
>>
>>52112535
And they are all related to Windows fuckery.
The last one even clearly states that it only happens on SOME Windows configurations.

No amount of beta testing would be enough if no beta tester happened to have said configurations.
>>
>>52112715
I rather use windows than some OS that can get hacked by pressing the backspace key 27 times.
>>
>still using Firecucks
just send it to deathbed already
>>
>>52112725
And I guess you never receive updates for your glorious Windows?
You just go straight from vanilla Windows 8 to Windows 10 without ever installing security fixes or whatever in between?
You just go with the driver version that comes with the CD for your hardware and never update them until you buy new hardware?
Updates sure are bad and spooky anon.
>>
Why is Winblows such a turd of an OS?
>>
Meanwhile Pale Meem released 25.8 in November and a fix 25.8.1 11 days later.
>>
Firefox updated better make an outraged thread about this minor inconvenience.
>>
>>52113306
I DIDNT SIGN UP FOR ALPHA SOFTWARE WHAT THE FUCK MOZILLA STOP WASTING MY BANDWIDTH
>>
>>52112535
But at least they don't use ".bro" as an extension, right guys?
>>
>>52113427
Firefox has incremental updates it uses like 1-5MB per update as long as you're on the most recent version.
>>
>>52112535
>installing new firefox patches on release

After australis, pocket, webRTC, EME, killswitches, extension signing, etc, and their plans to remove themes and pretty much merge with Chrome, anyone who still trusts their updates is literally retarded
>>
>>52113494
Mozilla is actively harming the safety of the web by tying necessary security patches with opinions, feature removals, bloat and art major bullshit
>>
>>52112535
how did firefox go from the best browser to the worst?
>>
>>52112725
>putting a password on your bootloader when you can just boot from a live cd to bypass it
>using grub
>letting an attacker have physical access to your computer

kill
yourself
>>
gay
>>
>>52113578
multiculturalism and equality
>>
>>52112535
Welcome to the botnet.
>>
>>52113578
Social Justice Warrior infestation.
>>
>>52112725
>>implying anyone uses grub authentication
>>
File: firefox.png (10 KB, 652x81) Image search: [Google]
firefox.png
10 KB, 652x81
pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/firefox-42.*
>>
>>52112725
if you have physical access to a windows machine, you can do the same thing with the stickykeys trick
>>
>>52113578
a lot of people will blame the social justice bogeyman but in reality it was a combination of complacency, bad project management and lack of understanding of userbase
>>
File: 1450467056240.jpg (45 KB, 307x500) Image search: [Google]
1450467056240.jpg
45 KB, 307x500
>tfw got out of the firefox mine once the canary dyed it's hair red
>>
>>52112535
implying chrome isnt doing the same thing with their auto updates
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.