[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Logitech G600 appreciation thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: g600.jpg (145 KB, 1500x1169) Image search: [Google]
g600.jpg
145 KB, 1500x1169
I've had this mouse since I was a poor college kid playing WoW. I tried a friend's Naga, but didn't want to buy Razer products as I heard they aren't too reliable.

This thing is still going strong years later, even though the logo has faded, and I still love it. As a guy with big hands, this is the most ergonomic mouse I've ever used, as well as the most versatile. I use it for many genres of games, not to mention common Windows shortcuts bound to a few buttons.
>>
>>52108346
>12 side buttons
JUST
>>
File: sadpepe.jpg (88 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
sadpepe.jpg
88 KB, 900x900
>>52108364

It's more useful than you think...

I'll see myself out
>>
Buying this in a few days to replace my Naga which is double clicking. A common issue with their mice.

Multiple buttons are so useful. Wish it had free scroll though.
>>
Intellieye optical master race
>>
>>52108346
I have one. I liked the shape much better than my G502 now - I have the thumb rest and I really miss the third button.
But I couldn't go back. The thing that made me ditch the G600 was the sensor. I never liked it, it always felt 'off'. The G502's sensor on the other hand is just perfect.
>>
>>52108889
Really?

I've never noticed anything about the sensor, where was it glaringly obvious that it was "off"?
>>
>>52108904
I felt like I didn't hit targets with my cursor as I should, and I in general had trouble predicting where my cursor would go.
Basically, the movement on the pad doesn't translate into cursor movement at a 1:1 rate.
>>
>>52108346
Why has this mouse been getting so much praise lately?
I have it and I like it, especially for doing basic things like copy-pasting, raising-lowering the volume, pressing esc with just one movement of my thumb. As for gaming, I can't say that there's anything wrong in its sensor, but it's not the best for FPS (which is basically all I play): its weight tires my arm and my wrist after some time and its size is a bit uncomfortable, espcially for rapid movements. Since I'm using a qck cloth mousepad I'm thinking about getting a cheap and light optical mouse (Logitech M100? Techly USB mouse?) and see how it works out
>>
Do or do not?
http://www.amazon.com/DLAND-Professional-Adjustable-Function-Notebook/dp/B00RJNE3TK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451341724&sr=8-1&keywords=mouse+7+buttons
>>
>>52108346
That mouse looks like some piece of shit some autistic kid would come up with because they're too retarded to use a keyboard.
>>
>>52109293
You can fix the weight by removing the piece of lead/steel inside the mouse.
>>
File: nostromo.png (284 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
nostromo.png
284 KB, 800x600
>>52110604

MMO players tend to like their binds and other attacks bound to buttons that aren't used for anything else, so they either get a mouse like this, or get a keypad. Many artists I know also use a keypad for various commands.
>>
>>52110974

Nope. The weight cannot be changed. Doesn't affect me though, I use a super low sensitivity on a large mousepad.
>>
>>52110974

Yes there are seven in it to fit your hands werk.
>>
I have this mouse and love it. Even in fps. The side buttons have definitely made for some nice keybindings in a lot of games even though I mostly just use the first 6
>>
>>52111063
Seriously. I own this mouse, and there are two 15g pieces of steel screwed into the top of the casing. Open it up and remove them, and the mouse instantly becomes a 10/10.
>>
>>52111636

Wait, really? Are there any guides that could help me with this?
>>
>>52108346
Tried it for a couple days but the third finger button killed it for me.

Mouse was too wide and I kept accidentally clicking it.

If it wasn't for that button I probably would have loved it.

What's even the point of that button, you already have scroll wheel button, unless you're trying to fit all 4 fingers on top of the mouse? idk, was frustrating and gay
>>
>>52108346

I've had no issues with this mouse, however i'm also not autistic enough to think i can tell if the sensor translated the movement a couple pixels off., or to care that it weighs one or two more grams than another mouse. So who knows.

It's a mouse with a lot of easily accessable buttons for a finger that is otherwise not doing anything productive. It works well for its designed purpose.
>>
>>52111699
Google G600 weights and the first result should paint a pretty clear picture.
Remove the feet of the mouse, unscrew four screws, inside there will be two weights fastened by two screws. Unscrew these weights and remove them, then put your mouse back together.

Note: Be careful with the feet, and should they get fucked up in the process, you can fix them by trimming down the protruding edges of the pads with a sharp knife, so you can't really do any permanent damage.
>>
>>52111771
I thought the same thing and almost returned it. I ended up just getting used to it and now find it pretty nice
>>
>>52113385
Agreed, once I got used to the pinky placement, being able to effectively double the number of buttons was awesome.
>>
>>52111771
>I kept accidentally clicking it.
Then unbind it you nigger.
It's great, I bound it to m3. so I don't have to click the scrollwheel in. Also are you telling me you literally have a finger on top of the middle click button at all times? Like you are 3 fingering a normal mouse and right clicking with your right finger?
>>
I love mine, it actually impressed me how durable the side buttons are. I thought they would give in a year or two at most but nope. Been using them daily since day 1 for everything for 3 years and they still feel almost new. The cover is getting shiny tho.
>>
>>52108346
GOAT Mouse. I use it with OSX, mapped side buttons to virtual desktops.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.