[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows Phone cu᠎cks will defend everything and anything that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: zunehd2.jpg (34 KB, 596x395) Image search: [Google]
zunehd2.jpg
34 KB, 596x395
Windows Phone cu᠎cks will defend everything and anything that Microsoft does.

Here's a list of how much they have been cu᠎cked since 2011.

>WP7 being a step back to WM6 in many things (Office, multitasking, app support)
>no WP7->8 upgrade for old devices
>WP8 upgrade brought literally no new user-facing features besides the NT kernel
>WP8.1 delayed by like a year (24 months without a major upgrade for WP8.0, and essentially 7.5 because of last point)
>No Cortana for people outside of US and other meme countries
>Office not updated since Windows Phone first came out four years ago (can't even insert a bullet list in Word) until W10M (still in beta)
>iOS and Android exclusive Microsoft apps
>Skype support better on iOS and Android
>Office support better on iOS and Android (fully-featured Office on both, a year before Windows version, and you still need to install beta OS update for Windows)
>W10M delayed from August to November
>W10M delayed from November to 2016
>W10M still not being finished after 2 delays
>Lumia X50 literally shipping with beta software
>Lumia X50 having shit melting plastic casing (The Verge was accused of tampering with its devices, that's how delusional these people are)
>Continuum limited to new devices only even though last gen high-end WPs have all the guts necessary (930 and 1520 have the same chip as the 2520 tablet with the same functionality)
>OneDrive backtracking (unlimited storage downgrade)
>Office requires subscription to use in Continuum mode
>Multiple devices never receiving 8.1/10 updates despite Microsoft saying since 7.0 days that the carriers no longer affect updates
>No flagship released for 24 months
>Photo hub deprecated
>Music + Videos hub deprecated
>People hub deprecated
>Social integration deprecated
>>
>Zune Music replaced with uglier version (Xbox Music) in 8.0; does not affect the two complaints the app had (seekbar and gapless playback)
>Xbox Music replaced with an objectively broken version in 8.1 (but hey it has a seekbar!)
>Xbox Music 8.1 replaced with Groove Music which finally adds gapless playback (4 years later!)
>Native SDK never released for 7.X
>Developer APIs so bad Microsoft has to resort to using their closed APIs just to make their apps not fucking suck
>Live Tiles having absolutely shit limitations (30 minutes per update in 8.0, better now but still no animation)
>MDL objectively inferior to Metro UI
>Still no complete landscape support even in W10M.
>VPN support not in the OS until 8.1

But no. All of this has some sort of a meme justification. These people have Stockholm Syndrome, or something, it's fucking insane. They continue to stick with an inferior OS made by a company clearly more interested in iOS and Android users, and they continue to defend it.
>>
It's really shitty, but luckily some WP users don't give a shit about that and aren't app cucks.

I literally only my phone for calls. SMS and online messaging on social media. It was so cheap and still works great even after years owning it.
>>
>>52107806
buy a feature phone
>>
>he got cucked by Hiroshimoot and tried to insert invisible characters despite the word cuck no longer being wordfiltered for weeks
>>
Dear googleshill,

I'm actually happy with my phone and not bitching other platforms on some chinese imageboard

Yours Sincerely,

A happy Windows Phone Shill
>>
too bad there are no good alternatives
>>
>>52108832
You are a poor Japanese schoolgirl, and Microsoft is a big bad faceless man.

Enjoy your [mindbreak] [ntr] [unusual pupils].
>>
>>52107676
>wp7 vs wm
WP7 was a step forward anyway because wm6 was simply too old. You can see pathetic attempt of making WM anyhow modern, it was called wm6.5 and oh my god it was terrible.

WM devices were still "PDAs", WP was first thing that actually attempted to be "smartphone" OS - even if it wasn't good at first, it was definitely a good move.
>>
>>52107676
I agree OP. Why do you really think people put up with this shit?

My theory is that MS has 100,000 employees so it's a built-in market for their shit. Add in all the families of those 100,000 and you probably have a good 3 or 4 million people willing to give it a shot just because their cousin works for MS or whatever.
>>
>>52111231
WP7.5 was honestly pretty good, for 2011. But Microsoft didn't do shit for the users for three or so years and fucked it all up.
>>
>>52108295
>online messaging on social media
>>
>>52112316
I know quite a lot of people who use windows phones and all of them for the same reason: it said "NOKIA" on the front. And that's the brand they trusted to since late 90s
>>
>>52111231
WP7 was a necessary step but for many it was a temporary step back. Enterprises that needed secure email were out of luck with WP7 and had to stick with WM6 or switch to BlackBerry.
>>
>>52107676
How many people even have a Windows phone?
>>
File: Screenshot_20151228-220223.png (786 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151228-220223.png
786 KB, 1080x1920
>>52113335
>>
>>52114873
Somewhere about 3% globally I think.

I have a 925 and it's alright. I really miss my Lumia 1520.3. Considering a Lumia 950XL, but Snapdragon 810...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.