[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firefox ontinues to decline in usage since 2009
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 15
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Keep donating. They need more gold ceilings in Paris, "empowerment parties" in the Philipines and $15000 regexes to replace dangerous words like "slave" from their source code.
>>
>>52102767
god this is sad
we all know at some point firefox will do what Opera did
>>
>>52102767

>chrome eating everyone's lunch

Could this be because Android phones are so cheap?

I've known people who've never owned a PC (1st gen immigrants/old people/minorities) but own an Android phone. The page doesn't really say if its mobile, desktop, or overall.
>>
>>52102767
Chrome grows too fast
>>
>>52102767
Using BOTNET Chromeshit any day - NOPE
>>
>>52102813

How does opera make money?
>>
I've been saying it for years, Firefox needs a legitimate fork backed by the Mozilla Foundation. That's how Firefox started in the beginning, and it needs to happen again.
>>
>>52102920
Same way everyone else does: ads.
>>
I've been looking for a replacement for chrome, something a little bit more customizable and such. But firefox seems to me like a huge failure all in all. A terrible community, even worse people in charge which just play with their ideology too much, doesn't perform too well with youtube videos, it's sync function is pretty fucking terrible, rendering sucks dick, smooth scrolling is more of the same, I mean it doesn't surprise me it declines in usage. It was pretty cool back in 2005, but people have moved on to the better alternatives.
>>
>>52102920
opera gets some money through licensing their browser or its engine for embedded devices, eg the nintendo ds browser they released years ago or things like store kiosks etc.
>>
>>52102767
Firefox has been on its deathbed, and not because it was bad, but because the people that manage it never knew what made it good in the first place, and didn't know how to take advantage of its position.

The bullshit they have pulled lately, especially in 2015, just shows how out of touch they really are, and that their fate is sealed.

Don't get me wrong, Chrome is equally shit in different ways. There is no good browser right now, and all we can do is settle for the less worse. Fuck Firefox, fuck Chrome, fuck all their forks.
>>
>>52102767
I'll be glad to see it die. It will serve as yet another warning to the tech industry that SJW poison is destructive.
>>
>>52103356
>the people that manage it never knew what made it good in the first place
Firefox was never good. It was only ever "better than IE." Now that there's Chrome. Firefox can't survive simply by being not quite as crappy as IE. The business model of shooting for second-worst doesn't work as well when there's three players.
Firefox is doing what they can by copying Chrome's features, but that's not enough to get anyone to change back. They need a feature worth relearning their UI for, otherwise inertia will keep everyone with Chrome.
>>
>>52103685
Firefox had glory days IMO. They've just been going downhill ever since they made deals with Google.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-16284196

That was back in 2012.

>The foundation said the exact terms of the deal would not be disclosed.

In retrospect, it looks like Mozilla was either stupid or had no other choice because they couldn't stay afloat. Google knew exactly what they were doing.
>>
>>52102920
default search engine setting maybe?
>>
>>52102824
can't really beat THE INTERNET with their reach
>>
>>52102932
>a legitimate fork backed by the Mozilla Foundation
In case you've been living in a cave, the Mozilla Foundation IS the problem with Firefox now.
>>
File: Quarter-Head1.jpg (295 KB, 1400x1050) Image search: [Google]
Quarter-Head1.jpg
295 KB, 1400x1050
>>52103553
this

>>52103075
>better alternatives
>better
>you're pay friend...
>>
>>52103762
>They've just been going downhill

http://filehippo.com/download_firefox/15/
There you go. Enjoy.

Face it, Firefox has been going uphill. Their problem is that Chrome is doing it better.
>>
>>52103075
what is the better alternative? chrome sucks almost as much as "Edge" (Internet Explorer)
>>
>>52104033
True, but back in the day they at least knew that Navigator needed to be forked. Now they're more concerned with social change stuff and less concerned with software.

>>52104134
You don't think new FF is plagued with feature creep? I mean it's a textbook example.
>>
>>52104108
Anything is better really. Edge, Opera, Chrome, Vivaldi. All of those are better. Not that they're really good. They're just not as bad. Of course it'd be cool to have something even better, because every browser is pretty flawed.
>>
>>52104150
How can you claim feature creep when they've been planning to remove all sorts of features?
>>
>>52104186
>planning
Wake me when they get rid of Pocket, Hello, all the Apps shit, the bloated search function, and Australis.
>>
>>52102767
I don't use social justice bullso
>>
any good linux browsers that aren't firefox?
>>
>>52102767
Good good, Mozilla is horrible and deserves everything bad happening to them.
>>
>>52104150
>You don't think new FF is plagued with feature creep? I mean it's a textbook example.
It's not. Poorly implemented changes != feature creep. If Firefox was trying to be a hypervisor, encoder, and a torrent client, that would be feature creep. Picking a direction to go as a browser that's different from the cobbled together and failing system they had been using, and not being competent enough to successfully implement that superior plan, is not feature creep.
>>
It's a shame that some kind of Counter Mozzilla foundation can't be founded by the guy who got snuffed for supporting the anti gay marriage vote in California. If you could get together a real team of developers to fork it you could probably end up with a competent browser again.
>>
>>52104393
>again
Firefox was never good.
>>
That's a real decrease as well. Just looking at it it keeps dropping and dropping and dropping and dropping. Opera has almost no usage but it's still there.
>>
>have good browser with reputation for customization and power
>chrome comes along and sets normies free from IE
>just fucking ruin the entire browser because we want a piece of that normie pie
>normies are of course settled in with chrome and see no reason to switch browsers again
>clearly the problem is that we haven't ruined the browser enough yet
Fuck you, Mozilla. You dug your own grave.
>>
>>52102767

And they thought ditching Google in favor of Yahoo would have positive results.
>>
>>52104390
Not that guy but it has a video chat thing built in. How does Firefox *not* suffer from feature creep?
>>
>>52104393
>IT'S DA SJWS GUIS! MUH GAYMERGATE!

Fired in April 2014
April 2014 --> April 2015, Firefox loses 3.4% market share

April 2013 --> 2014, Firefox lost 2.9% market share.
April 2012 --> 2013, lost 7.9% market share
April 2011 --> 2012, lost 7.1% market share
April 2010 --> 2011, lost 3.5% market share

>Hey guys, racists r da best! They know how to get shit done! Can't stump the Trump!

You've been getting cucked by SJW Google from the beginning.
>>
>>52104444
slightly dropping numbers are good to push the devs.. but if they drop too fast the project may get abandoned
>>
>>52104656
What does that have to do with the guy being fired?

If something, I think you're proving the same people you so dislike "right" if that's what you're trying to do. There's an increase in market share loss ever since he was fired.

Hell I don't know what racism or trump has to do with the subject at hand.
>>
Mozilla is run by retards. I couldn't care less about their social or political agendas, all they had to do was make a good browser.

Instead of working on multithreading, using less ram, improving startup time, etc, they REMOVED features that people wanted while adding shit like Pocket.

I remember when Chrome was first released an all the users on mozillazine and other Firefox boards were all "zomg, they're no threat, they only have a 2% marketshare lololol"
>>
>>52102767
>ousting the fucking inventor of javascript because muh gays

They deserve every last bit of irrelevance that has been happening to them
>>
>>52104656

Thank you for the info. Clearly by emulating Chrome by GOOGLE(TM) Firefox Devs failed.

Who wants a Chrome-alike botnet gets the original botnet by GOOGLE(TM), otherwise people leaves firefox into the bin and go to other FREE Browsers.
>>
>>52102823
Look at the OS statistics. Only 5% mobile, 3% of which is Android. It's not because of Android.
>>
>>52104966
Pretty sad that Chrome is starting to reach Firefox in terms of performance, with Chrome getting better and Firefox getting worse.
>>
I lost all hope in Mozilla once they fired their old ceo for his personal beliefs. I couldn't believe the witch hunt they went on just to oust the poor guy for a donation he made a while ago. Now, they are removing their good extension api i favor of chrome's limited api which I think will be the nail in the coffin for Firefox. The question now is where do we go next?
>>
Shit you guys not, if I install ESR, I cannot even install addons. If I download the latest, some websites don't load.

It's all fucked up.
Same on 4 machines.
Don't know what Mozilla is doing but holy shit they need help.
>>
>>52104614
"I like all of Firefox's features, so it doesn't really have feature creep"

That's how the remaining Firefox users justify it.
>>
Am I the only one who can't drag text to tabs after the last update?
>>
Does it really take a giant company to make a decent browser? Firefox is certainly imploding slowly but I don't really see a up an coming browser to take its place? I don't see a alternate that isn't Google.
>>
Eh. I haven't used anything else in years, so it's not as if I know what I'm missing. It's a browser. It displays pages. I don't care if it eats RAM. Fuck, even it if compulsively crashed I'd still use it out of spite towards Google. I imagine most remaining users are like me, just clinging to the hope that things will turn back around eventually.

Mozilla self-righteous chucklefuckery is annoying, though.
>>
>>52104656
lol nigger
>>
>>52105554
There's vivaldi.
Or the firefox forks.
>>
>>52105320
PALE
MOON
>>
>>52105554
Browsers quickly become very complex pieces of software because of the huge amount of variations in invalid HTML/CSS/JS and different standards/backwards compatibility they need to be able to handle. A small company could make a browser, but it would only support 100% correct HTML5 websites.
>>
I honestly can't fucking believe that I use Internet Explorer. Chrome is a privacy joke, and I can't use Firefox since they don't respect their users, either (in fact, they're worse).
>>
Just use pale moon.

>muh hmtl5
Just use mpv+youtube-dl.
>>
>>52105737
furfag autist. shit addon compatibility. constantly breaking internally and on websites due to firefox changes.
>>
>>52102767
>$15000 regexes

lolwut?
>>
>>52105930
They funded $15,000 to replace instances of master/slave with something more PC.
Something done with a 2 minute Regex. 5 minutes if you've never done it before.
$15,000 for 5 minutes of work.
>>
>>52105958
but how can you put an $ amount on the emotional distress that the people who had to suffer the master/slave code went through ;^)
>>
>>52105777
>but it would only support 100% correct HTML5 websites.

this is why XHTML was a thing.
fuck shitty devs.
>>
>>52105958
those must of been some p hardcore regexes.

I mean, at least 500 characters hardcore.
>>
>>52104888
>increase in loss
How is 3.4% an increased loss over losing 7.9%, 7.1%, and 3.5%
>>
>>52106098
It's an increase over the previous year (2.9%)
>>
>>52105906
>furfag autist
Irrelevant

>shit addon compatibility
Most addons work fine.

>constantly breaking internally and on websites due to firefox changes
Never experienced any major problems. I assume youtube probably doesn't work too well, but you're better off using mpv+youtube-dl.
>>
File: mozillaj.png (13 KB, 802x602) Image search: [Google]
mozillaj.png
13 KB, 802x602
>>
File: fuckit.jpg (217 KB, 695x1020) Image search: [Google]
fuckit.jpg
217 KB, 695x1020
>>
>>52102767
So why did Firefox lose the market? What were the key fuck-ups? I still remember when it climbed to the top and displaced IE. Was it declining rapidly already when it switched to a rapid release schedule?

I don't know how they managed to fuck up their market share like that.
>>
>>52102767
>$15000 regexes to replace dangerous words like "slave" from their source code.

Who the fuck charges 15,000 for writing a regex?

I bet they actually had 15,000 indians replacing it by hand, 1$ each. SJWs are that cynical.
>>
>>52106923
I think rapid release was an attempt to restore market share, but it was the overall plan to become more like Chrome that made them lose users.

Rapid release for things that people want is good. Rapid release for things that people don't want is bad.
>>
>>52106953
they didn't just pay the people to remove the word slave. people are misquoting it the text

they were awarding a bunch of open-source projects they used a lot since they apparently had $1 million dollars to spare and they mentioned that the reward for one of the project was going to be used to " remove the term “slave” from all documentation, APIs and tests, and also to make improvements so Buildbot works better in the Amazon EC2 cloud."

https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/12/10/mozilla-open-source-support-first-awards-made/
>>
>>52105958
>Something done with a 2 minute Regex. 5 minutes if you've never done it before.

Is it bad that I spent at least 4 hours on my first trial at regex? To be fair they were like 200 characters hardcore and did a pretty good job at saving me more time of changing a lot of functions and their usage and parameters format
>>
>>52106077
>chkd
write only code, yo
>>
>>52107037
so they pretty much did. they wasted a reward on it.
>>
File: bd2.png (30 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bd2.png
30 KB, 625x626
>>52105992
>>
>>52104135
Vivaldi. Soon.
>>
>>52107037
>"...Their award will be used to remove the term “slave” from all documentation, APIs and tests, and also to make improvements so Buildbot works better in the Amazon EC2 cloud."

So removing the word slave will apparently make Buildbot work better across EC2. Huh, the more you know I guess.
>>
>>52107113
Closed. Newp.
>>
>>52107162

it can use slightly less memory when compiling if the new name is shorter so in theory we can say that the sjw tumblrina doing it has improved the efficiency of the system :^)
>>
>>52107233
>chkd
But a more PC term will surely be the final contest winner (after all it's a race to the LCD right?).

I suggest: "Element responding to demands from a higher authority, but certain of it's own value and place in life, strong, independent, don't need no directions from above."
>>
>>52107233

follower > slave
>>
>>52104552
They got greedy...

>>52104966
... and arrogant.

Greed and arrogance is a bad combination.
>>
>>52107348
well then maybe it will work better because the computer won't get triggered by those nasty words anymore :^)

>>52107335

Better:

"Genderfluid/genderqueer and pansexual element responding to demands from a higher authority, but certain of it's own value and place in life, strong, independent, don't need no directions from above."
>>
File: 474.gif (206 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
474.gif
206 KB, 600x706
>>52107425
haha, yup better.
>>
>reason for another point-update of firefox to 43.0.3?

Google's not giving a shit anymore about fireshit:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1233970#c25

>p-please roll back youtube-changes for firefox
>no.
>o-ok.

KEK
>>
>>52107496
kekked
>>
>>52106923
>So why did Firefox lose the market?
Chrome.
>What were the key fuck-ups?
They couldn't keep up.
>>
Firefox is in a decline because it strives to be an inferior copy of Chrome, and since it isn't Chrome it can only be an inferior version.

What strikes me as mind boggling is how idiotic and stupid the Mozilla staff and managers are in order to think that they can reel in Chrome users by providing an inferior Chrome clone, while simultaneously making core Firefox fans leave as an effect.
Chrome users want Chrome and nothing else.
Firefox users want Firefox and nothing else.
There is no fucking middle ground as both philosophies contradict each other.
One is supposed to be oriented at simple users without brain, while the other is supposed to be oriented towards power users.
Both browsers are equally shit in performance, so the only difference of significance is the difference in philosophy and feature-sets. And Firefox is supposed to be pro-poweruser, except it isn't anymore because of this idiocy.

Complete, utter, idiots.
>>
>>52107545
they arent as dumb as you think homie

chrome is giving the user expectations that make firefox look like a load of crap to them, therefore, they try to make it more like chrome so those users will like it. then how can it ever have an edge over chrome you may say? from what they are spammin on their social networks i think they are playing the open source card to make it look like the only option that is non-botnet, developed by volunteers and non-profit
>>
>>52107545
>Chrome users want Chrome and nothing else.

since google has used their position to "infect" a large share of computers with their browser, the most descriptive property of a chrome user is "casual majority that has replaced Internet Explorer", sometimes without realizing it much.
So Mozilla tries to make the browser easy to use for those who are used to Chrome, most of which don't give a fuck what kind of browser they use as long as it works and is "fast".

They still can't compete with Google in reaching users, which really doesn't need a revolutionary browser to still get high traffic through their existing presence on the web, both through google.com homepage and adsense.
>>
File: 2015-12-29_03-11-14.png (69 KB, 238x238) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-29_03-11-14.png
69 KB, 238x238
Only one thing can save actual web standards and Gecko based browsers now.
>>
>>52107848

Another factor (imo) is that Mozilla has got paradoxically too big to continue competing against Google. Having extravagant offices over the world (Paris), wasting money on stupid side-projects that go nowhere or are nonsense, upcoming changes to what made the browser loved in the first place. It's an organization looking for an excuse to live and being utterly suicidal while gasping for air.

I am past the point of caring now and have resigned to its fate. It's a shame, but, nothing is forever.
>>
>>52106715
I'm gay and still almost stopped using FF when they fired him. I hate how the first amendment doesn't even fucking matter because a bunch of people on twitter can still just bully you until your life is ruined if they don't like what you believe.

I still feel a lot better using Mozilla products than supporting Google's imperialist NWO, though.
>>
>>52108262
1st amendment doesn't apply to private entities

Of course, those private entities may respect ideas such as free speech (Mozilla decided to embrace feminazism instead), but that dumb piece of paper at the National Museum has nothing to do with that
>>
File: 1287961993228.jpg (63 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
1287961993228.jpg
63 KB, 399x600
>>52108262

100% agree with you bud.
>>
>>52102767
That's bullshit. No one would be so stu....

Holy fucking Steve Jobs on the cross.

https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/12/10/mozilla-open-source-support-first-awards-made/

It's true??? I'm uninstalling their shitty browser now. I only use it about I've every few weeks anyway.
>>
This thread has been a thousand times already. The conclusions are almost always the same. Mozilla has lost their way with the firing of the CEO. FIrefox is in the process of going through the same rot that killed off the original Opera. People keep quoting falling market share; the truth is the number of FF users has remained pretty much unchanged while the number of internet users has continued to rise so of the course the proportion will decrease. Mozilla's poor design choices and SJWness are likely results of their past sponsorship under Google. Google has poisoned the well, and it shows. Now everybody there only wants to copy Chrome and is increasingly deaf to the cries of loyal power users. It seems Servo is the future, but it had better succeed or there'll only be Blink and Trident.
>>
>>52105660
I hate to burst your bubble but the Mozilla Foundation is effectively funded by Google. Without Google, they'd be bankrupt and gone. They might as well be a subsidiary.
>>
>>52108354
businesses that act like that are sabotaging the 1st amendment where they can is all he says
>>
>>52108354
That's related to my point. Even though the _government_ can't punish you for what you say, you can still suffer social and economic consequences that possibly outweigh whatever the government could possibly have done. And if you complain that your rights aren't being respected, everyone can just say "lol you still have freedom of speech, I just don't have to listen" like that one xkcd comic.

It's free speech under the letter of the law, but you don't have free speech in a practical sense.
>>
>>52108060
>I am past the point of caring now and have resigned to its fate. It's a shame, but, nothing is forever.
same here, although I'm still using it.
would contribute to forums, help uses, wrote comments, patches and bugtickets. haven't done so in a year. whatevs.

>>52108552
was funded. was.
>>
File: homer_and_bart.gif (985 KB, 330x247) Image search: [Google]
homer_and_bart.gif
985 KB, 330x247
KDE Fiber soon.

KDE shall be our salvation.
>>
File: xfilesposter.jpg (4 KB, 159x238) Image search: [Google]
xfilesposter.jpg
4 KB, 159x238
>>52108906
>>
>tfw I almost switch to firefox years ago

Thank God. All hail the botnet.
>>
Why does it cost so much money to replace slave? Ctrl+f slave replace all
>>
Can somebody explain why it's so expensive to develop a web browser? What the fuck are Mozilla doing with their income?
>>
>>52108499

NOW I got it. Buildbot is a separate Open Source tool and Mozilla gave them the 15,000$ to bribe them into removing the word slave.

KEK
>>
>>52109101
they bribed a separate team not part of mozilla but whose tool they use so they would remove it from their application
>>
>firefox will be dead in your lifetime
>>
>>52102767
>"empowerment parties" in the Philipines

[Citation needed]
>>
>>52109213
>you will be dead in Chrome's lifetime
>>
>>52106715

If I were that guy I would open an office in Syria and relocate these bitches there instead of stepping down
>>
>>52109246
>Eric Schmidt will personally have you purged for committing too many microaggressions in youtube comments
>>
>>52108060
>I am past the point of caring now and have resigned to its fate. It's a shame, but, nothing is forever.

So what do we do now?

I've been mostly using forks like Pale Moon and Ice Cat, but I'm not sure how much longer those will go on. (Plus, alot of people here seem to hate Pale Moon) I've even considered giving Midori, Otter, and Vivaldi a try.

I'll be damned if I ever use Google's botnet
>>
>>52106310
Can't even imagine how big of a security risk is a browser developed by one lazy guy in his free time.
>>
>>52109380
i doubt those fringe browsers are better
>>
>>52108906
We can only hope
>>
>>52108906
that pic is mozilla headquarters in a nutshell imo
>>
>>52107035
Rapid release was what fucked up Netscape. Microsoft goaded Netscape into releasing buggy version after buggy version, which just destroyed Netscape's reputation with users and developers. There were so many fucking version each with its own set of quirks that had to be developed around. Given that history you'd think they'd be smart enough to not make the same mistake again with Firefox. Guess Google learned from that instead of Mozilla.
>>
>>52104319
Chromium is in practically every distros repo.
Chrome is in a ton of unofficial or non-free repos. Using chrome for Netflix on Manjaro these days.
>>
>>52107496
Hehe
>>
>>52108014
Meh. I've been using it for 5 months now since I jumped ship from the F.F. Titanic, and I rather like it. It runs circles around the perf FF was giving me on Linux.

But _save_ standards? Lolno. It's a Googlebot world. I'll just make do w/o anything they try to shove down my throat that won't run under PaleMeme (eg, downloading files from YT w/ yt-dl).

I'm actually starting to mess around with Links/Lynx now too, just in case MoonChild ever turns to the dark side also.

Fuck Googlebot and the train they ride on.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6389318
>>
File: ec8.jpg (202 KB, 1042x654) Image search: [Google]
ec8.jpg
202 KB, 1042x654
>>52109068
botnet es mui bueno, muchacho
>>
>>52109380
I've been using Seamonkey and it's pretty nice, it feels like what Firefox should be, or rather what it never should've stopped being. It's definitely not for everyone though, since it's not just a web browser. Although even with the built-in Chatzilla and Thunderbird running, I still see less RAM usage than I did with Firefox or Pale Moon. I've rarely seen Seamonkey go over 300MB while Pale Moon would usually sit in the 400s, and running Chatzilla separately would eat up another 100MB or so, and I didn't even use Thunderbird before I had it so readily available. It seems to me that the guys in charge of Seamonkey actually have their heads on straight, unlike anyone else at Mozilla.

Pale Moon is probably the best choice to back for people who don't need all the built-in stuff that Seamonkey has, though. It was a pretty nice browser in the time that I used it, and I could live with it being the new Firefox.
>>
>>52111450
Eric, I like you're choice of OS. You should move up to Arch someday and beyond. You'll love it.
>>
File: 1405296265360.jpg (14 KB, 231x260) Image search: [Google]
1405296265360.jpg
14 KB, 231x260
>be web developer
>mfw I have to adapt for every single shitty browser that hipster faggots like you use to "be different than the norm".

Fuck. You.
Enjoy your browsers that lack all those delicious web 2.0 features.
>>
>>52111603
I've tried Arch before and never gotten past having to supply nonfree wifi drivers for muh Thinkpads' Intel cards. I could probably just hook up to ethernet but I'm too lazy and Mint just werks, so I can't be fucked to bother.
>>
>>52111713
Thanks friend, I will. Enjoy you're's

>>52111756
Try Antergos then if you feel inclined sometime anon. It's a breeze to get up, and runs perf circles around Mint. I have both installed on this box right now.

>non-free
BTW, I wouldn't push that too hard heh, Mint is loaded w/ non-free BLOBs, including wifi drivers. That's (often) why it jest werks.
>>
>>52111806
It's not that I have any problem with nonfree stuff, just that Arch asks me to supply them and unlike Debian there's no obvious .deb equivalent to download. Like I said if I could be bothered to hook up to ethernet I could probably figure out the rest. But the router's in an inconvenient spot and I'd have to dig up an ethernet cable. I'll try Antergos next time I feel the urge to distro hop.
>>
>>52108262
this, except i actually stopped using firefox
>>
>>52104656
The anti-gay thing was just a convenient excuse to can the faggot. Unfortunately his replacement was even worse.
>>
>>52102767
Thinking about going back to IE.

Reasons why I shouldn't?
>>
File: TrumpWink.gif (459 KB, 277x229) Image search: [Google]
TrumpWink.gif
459 KB, 277x229
>>52107496
>only windows versions affected
>>
Firefox gets worse and worse every year so it's no surprise they're losing market share. The pedophile sex parties they're using as a cover to rape children in developing nations just makes it worse.
>>
Help me bring them down /g/! Let's truly Take Back The Web!
>>
>>52114576
>the faggot
but..............
>>
Im using Chrome. I dont care about botnet.

What about chromium?
>>
>>52111713
Just use default HTML5 and there will be no problems.

Or you know, use your special snowflake JS library that browsers have to bend over to support along with all the other hipster JS libraries.
>>
I've been a Chrome user since 1.0. Firefox has been shit since they released 3.
>>
>>52102883
Using supercuck browser that asks for your preferred pronouns when starting up
>>
>>52116680
Based Google donates to the proper political party
>>
>>52116689
there are no proper political parties.
One thing that children don't know about politics is that both parties are just corporate circlejerks that make americans fight over social issues, while sharing the same policies to important things like foreign policy.
Even when they disagree, they'll do the same thing.

How it works is if the other party is doing 'it', it's bad. No matter what 'it' is. But when you do 'it' it's okay.
Democrats could make abortion illegal and the republicans would scream bloody murder about how they're castrating people's rights to live their lives
>>
>>52102767
What about Chromium?
>>
people actually use chrome? the ui is so dated and it's not even fast.
>>
>>52116851
It is fast. i dont know why yours is slow.
>>
>>52106059
>XHTML
It might of had a chance if the w3c hadn't removed a ton of elements and added boilerplate for no reason. Html5 added a bunch of useless shit too.
>>
>>52106059
You mean
> this is why XHTML is not a thing.
>>
>>52116851
It got advertised, hard. That's all that matters.
>>
>>52116851
The only thing that surprises me is that people don't understand how a browser made by an advertising company got popular.
And not any old advertising company but the biggest and most influential of all time.
I mean FUCKING REALLY?
>>
>>52117195
Because they had the advantage of advertising it like hell everywhere including bundling it in 3rd party software installers
and because firefox slowly turned into shit
to their credit, at least chrome isn't shit either.
>>
>>52117195
Can u explain in layman terms.

Whats the deal here?
>>
Of all the shit browsers out there, Chrome is the IMO.

Fast and it just works.

Firefox Aurora GUI is bad. I wanted the old one like Palemoon uses.
>>
>>52117317
Okay how about this:
What is an advertising company?
An advertising company is an organisation that displays content to people, exposing people to information. Google controls almost every single advert you see on the net.
So if google makes a browser, they can tell people to install chrome on almost every website they visit.
>>
>>52117346
Pretty sure you're responding to a joke post.
>>
>>52117365
Even so, people really are that stupid.
Those people installed chrome.
>>
>>52117379
i have ublock adblocker. and what about chromium? what if i use chromium?

i dont see any ads in my chrome.

What browser are YOU using?
>>
>>52117414
I use pale moon.
Firefox fork, feels like firefox did before the SJW takeover.
The good and the bad, though.
>>
>>52117422
i already have palemoon and chrome installed.
>>
>>52116864
it's really not noticeably faster than firefox
plus ui is so gross, srsly, 1451606400 - 227985, get ur game together google
>>52117173
pretty much, stats make that obvious.
>>52117195
yeah, i'm sure people don't understand that.
>>
>>52117553
>ui is so gross
You do realize you can tell it to use your system theme, right?
>>
>>52117574
>implying that makes the actual ui look & feel better
>>
for all the retards crying "SJW":
did you know that WebKit, the engine used by Google (Blink, which is based on WebKit), Apple and a shitload of other browsers these days, came from the KDE project? do you know what's the whole point of FREE software?
>>
>>52117902
do you know what's the whole point of FREE software?
do you?
>>
Am I the only one that switched right when Firefox 4 came out and they started with the HUEG versioning bullshit?

I really liked FF 2 and 3, but honestly I saw no reason why they had to dramatically change the UI from 3 to 4.

The only thing it ever did was make it laggy as fuck.

I've switched to chrome since and never looked back. No ragrets.

I've tried it every 10 versions or so since then, but it always ended up being clunky and not just as smooth as chrome. They fucked up their UI at some point and never fixed it.
>>
>>52117918
ask RMS, the green/commie autist guy
>>
good riddance
>>
>>52117918
The point is to give freedom to the users so that users are permitted to run the software, study the code, modify the code and also share copies of the software whether it has been modified or not.
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.