[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can we do to get more minorities in tech jobs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: Diversity[1].jpg (34 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
Diversity[1].jpg
34 KB, 450x300
What can we do to get more minorities in tech jobs?
>>
turn them white
>>
Why do we need more minorities in tech jobs?
>>
>>52098682
Diversity.
It's a shame to work in an environment that lacks insight from many cultures and ethnicities.
>>
>>52098682
To have more diversity.
>>
free watermelons and kfc
>>
>>52098699
>>52098704
I don't think we need diversity.
If you want to do some action based on the assumption that diversity increases productivity, you need to prove that assumption first. So far, the way I see, the only thing you have is "Well, it must be so!".
>>
>>52098715
I'm just trolling.
>>
>>52098715
Spoken like someone born with every privilege imaginable.
>>
Force them to take STEM degrees, just like how you get women in tech.
>>
Remove all standards and qualifications.
>>
>>52098723
Well, it would be nice to have a sensible discussion with someone pro-diversity.

And by sensible I mean not like the shit >>52098727's posting.
>>
>>52098743
I don't think people pro-diversity post on /g/ or 4chan for that matter.
>>
>>52098755
why? those people are commies, and so are freetards
>>
File: 1404007667616.png (18 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1404007667616.png
18 KB, 633x758
>>52098715
>tfw my school (brown) is giving BLM people $100 million to increase diversity and shieet.
>tfw they still want more
JUST

Seriously I want off this ride. All my people are supporting this shit too. I don't want to die!
>>
>>52098767
Your school is brown or Brown?
>>
Stop giving handouts to privileged white girls and give job opportunities to people who need them and appreciate them
>>
>>52098796
>privileged
>girls

Like, ugh.
>>
File: 4L_OhP61PvP.jpg (15 KB, 300x232) Image search: [Google]
4L_OhP61PvP.jpg
15 KB, 300x232
>>52098739
This is the true sjw objective. Every doctor i've ever had has been indian or asian. You think they had to have special encouragement to get those positions? You think they had to dye their hair green and protest hospitals? Hell no, they just had the fucking skills and discipline and intelligence and desire to make themselves qualified. Same goes for tech. Asians and indians and tons of fresh of the boat euros get in. There is literally nothing stopping women and blacks from getting into tech except themselves.
>>
File: 1451264185799.jpg (117 KB, 618x564) Image search: [Google]
1451264185799.jpg
117 KB, 618x564
I tried to post a real technology related thread but some angry mod removed it.
I'm back to my usual shitpost then.
>>
>>52098879
What was the thread about? How do you know mod removed it?
>>
>>52098966
About niggers.
>>
>>52098994
You can't go back to your shitposting then - you never stopped..
>>
Feast your eyes

http://idernets.tumblr.com/post/135944871242/what-is-your-code-of-conduct
>>
>>52098966
About wondering why the screen on a laptop I left untouched for years stayed black as I finally fix the problem that had caused the laptop to stay untouched.

I know a mod removed it since I add it on my watchlist and it suddenly appeared "pruned or deleted".
>>
>>52099032
Pruned or deleted can mean no one cared enough to participate and the thread was automatically deleted.
>>
Take away positions from privileged white women and give them to minority men.
>>
File: 1446229558809.gif (155 KB, 255x224) Image search: [Google]
1446229558809.gif
155 KB, 255x224
>>52099017
>Bell Hooks
>>
>>52099044
There was one response (unrelated to the issue tho) when it was deleted. Also it stayed up like 15 minutes. Quickly checked /ck/ to decide what to eat tonight, came back. 404'd.

Plus. I've seen threads with no reply go to the archive.
>>
>>52099082
It was clearly a thread no one was interested in. Just because you have nothing of value to contribute to /g/ doesn't mean you should shitpost.
>>
>>52099044
>Being this new
>>>/b/
>>
>>52098644
Let's ask /pol/
>>
Don't really care what color someone is, just that they're good at their job.

I wish we went back to a merit based system for achievement. But that will be overwhelming decried since it will "favor" whites. In reality it doesn't actually favor anyone but whites will still make up the majority for socioeconomic reasons.

If you want more minorities in tech keep the merit based system but start re-engineering education at the elementary school level to better gear kids to succeed. That's not enough though as changes have to happen at the household/parental levels too, that however is a vastly complex issue that's very difficult to deal with and people's opinions are very polarized on what should be done. I'm not gonna get started on that here.
>>
>>52099092
Bruh, are you kidding? If no one was interested in giving some idea, then it would have gone to the archive in hours.
Look at the catalog, there are so many bait & trolling threads that it made me want to stop trying to be serious and just let go with shitposting since it appears to be encouraged.
>>
We already have indians flooding in
>inb4 indians don't count because you consider them white
>>
Merit, for fucks sake.

It can be white, black, asian, a gypsy, whatever. It can be a woman, a man, a transgender or gender fluid or whatever the fuck. It can be christian, buddhist, jew or muslim, who gives a shit. Just be there because of your own goddamn job. And don't let people who can't do the job in those positions. Is it that hard? Is it really that profitable to do the opposite? To set quotas because discrimination this and discrimination that? Race and gender cards are for children. That's right, no mature person would complain about this shit currently. You're always like "history, history". Guess the fuck what, you don't need approval. You don't need to be forcefully liked by every single person. Do your goddamn job and show that you're worth it.
>>
>>52098682
cause people will think twice before listen those accents over the phone, lowering costs

>3rd world accent represent ( j_j)
>>
>>52099057
>>52098833
The job market will take care of this eventually, this isn't some kind of liberal arts where you are entiled to an opinion just for being born
>>
It's easy, if we force cis het white men to work twice as hard, companies can hire an equal number of minorities with no loss of profit.

The worker scum will complain, sure, but their toil is nothing compared to the suffering they have wrought on minorities over millennia
>>
>>52098699
>an environment that lacks insight from many cultures

>Back in mai village, we would all shit in the garden because it would help the vegetables grow.
>If we shit in the code, it will make it better. That is my cultural insight!
>>
>>52098644
There are more indians, niggers and chinks than whites in the world.

Whites are a minority.
>>
>>52098755
because anonymity allows sensible thinking, rather than festering ideas created by real-world peers and their social pressure.

Its business we're talking about. Businesses aren't obliged to be cultural diversity charity funds. Especially not, because its a zeitgeist.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.