[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get past the user password for windows 10? I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: serveimage.jpg (310 KB, 2000x1124) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
310 KB, 2000x1124
How do I get past the user password for windows 10? I thought you guys might know best.
>>
start by entering the correct password
>>
Bring the Surface back, Jamal
>>
File: 4L_Hh4CqXTN.jpg (56 KB, 400x440) Image search: [Google]
4L_Hh4CqXTN.jpg
56 KB, 400x440
>>52098185
You give the computer back to the person you stole it from and they will enter the correct password
>>
>>52098203
My sister asked me to get into her kids laptop.
>>
>>52098185
deltree C:\windows\system32
>>
>>52098235
Why?
>>
>>52098237
Come on bro, I don't care about windows 10, I don't want windows 10, I'm not up to date on windows 10. That's all this is.
>>
File: 4L_LWv4fm0b.jpg (129 KB, 1974x1300) Image search: [Google]
4L_LWv4fm0b.jpg
129 KB, 1974x1300
>>52098235
>wife's son
>>
give it back jamal
>>
>>52098246
Caught doing stuff they weren't supposed to, normal kid stuff.
>>
>>52098250
Married to your sister?
>>
Is the hard drive encrypted? Just browse the files from a different operating system.
>>
>>52098185
There's a simple way but I won't tell you
>>
>>52098235
Ask her to install Microsoft Security Essentials and during install select Family Safety. Use a live email account to link the user account of the child so you can restrict access to websites and applications. Also the system will email her complete activity logs so she can view them remotely without logging into the kids system.
>>
>>52098269
What do you mean?
>>
>>52098235
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>52098273
Ah sorry, it's a laptop.

>>52098282
Yeah I warned her about stuff like this, I've been looking up parental stuff for phones and PCs for the last hour. Not many are good, the ones worth getting require monthly payments.

>>52098289
lol I wish, kids these days aren't capable enough to use that. I guess problem solved though, right?
>>
Plug the jumper cables into different ports.
>>
You might look into this for changing the password. You can always boot up a live linux distro on USB thumb stick, mount the partition, and copy stuff over.
http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/
>>
tell the kid to unlock the laptop or take it away.
>>
>>52098295
Install noobuntu
>>
>>52098295
Security Essentials is free from Microsoft and is the most effective. I have setup this for my family with small children who need restricted access.

Their parents can view their activity on their smartphones from anywhere.
>>
Technology is not a substitute for parenting.
The kids either unlock it, or the laptop disappears.
>>
File: 4L_r8UVavac.jpg (10 KB, 235x207) Image search: [Google]
4L_r8UVavac.jpg
10 KB, 235x207
>>52098185
If it was linux u could just hit backspace 28 times
>>
>>52098330
That's just GRUB.
>>
>>52098319
It's already been taken, probably for a while.

>>52098323
She'd prefer one that doesn't show up, the kid has started sneaking out (got to that age) and I suggested it'd be best if she could check on things without their knowledge, or they'd just find a different way to communicate their plans to their friends. That's the long term solution though, short term is just getting into it.
>>
>>52098335
Is syslinux better? I mean can it properly configure my windows/linux dual boot partitions like grub?
>>
>>52098341
Give it back, Tyrone.
>>
>>52098323
Sorry man you're probably right didn't mean to sound like I was brushing you off, I'll check into it. Thanks.
>>
>>52098347
When someone has physical access he already can bypass the GRUB password thing. For almost all use cases this is a non-issue. No idea about syslinux.
>>
>>52098347
Just use GRUB. Nobody does/cares grub authentication.
>>
>>52098367
I am already on GRUB, but when I was reading a guide in Arch Linux, the author recommended using Syslinux as it is easier to setup than GRUB.
>>
You can use the ages old way of breaking into Windows:
1. Boot a Live Linux from USB/optical drive
2. Go to system32 on the Windows partition
3. Change the name of osk.exe (On-Screen Keyboard) to something else
4. Make a copy of cmd.exe and rename it osk.exe
5. Boot Windows, on the login screen turn on the On-Screen Keyboard. The Command Prompt will open instead.
6. Type this command: net user "usernamehere" anypasswordhere
7. Press enter. Congratulations, you have bypassed the password.
>>
Speaking of that if anyone knows a good parental monitoring program for iphones that would be appreciated too, preferably free. She's just going through a divorce and the dude has completely cut her off and financial aid stuff that's supposed to help until he's forced to pay something fucked her.
>>
File: 4L_GYlp63EV.png (58 KB, 350x200) Image search: [Google]
4L_GYlp63EV.png
58 KB, 350x200
>>52098341
Honestly it's good for a child's development to start lying to their parents. It puts them in situations where they have to learn to think for themselves. This is why all millennials are dipshits, they've been raised with digital leashes that stunted their development.
>>
>>52098397
Does this still work?
>>
>>52098402
Millennials are dipshits for many, many reasons and she already lies plenty. Hell, I was the one that caught her and her friend on omegle or something else and after I told her to hand it over her response was "Can I use it to just watch netflix? You can check my history tomorrow, mom made it so that I can't delete it."

Ok, kid. Anyway I'd rather not have her learn through mistakes by getting pregnant, her step-grandfather already introduced her to shit she wasn't supposed to be into at a young age and now she really likes attention from boys. Her mother is also extremely foolish, I have a hard road ahead of making sure she makes it to 18 without popping one out. I'm just asking for a little help.
>>
Pretty much just waiting for her to turn up on an omegle thread at this point. I'm glad her mother finally said something about putting stuff on her comp and phone. I had suggested it when they first got a tablet and starting taking videos of normal kid stuff, I knew it was only a matter of time before she started video chatting with 20 year olds saying they were 15. Hopefully this will help end it before it gets too bad. Really need something that keeps track of messages from kik, skype etc. on phones but it looks like every parental program they make needs the phone rooted to do that.
>>
>>52098341
I think it's time to send the kid to military school
>>
>>52098592
Cool story bro.
>>
File: 4L_7CdCDLmp.jpg (60 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
4L_7CdCDLmp.jpg
60 KB, 670x503
>>52098468
Oh its a female. That changes everything. Yeah keep that girl on lockdown. Install a keylogger and gps tracking on her phone etc.
>>
>>52098592
Good that it's windows 10. Just ask NSA for her browsing history, GPS logs and keystrokes.
>>
>>52098614
Yeah, that's the plan. Another problem is that she's a sly girl, I wouldn't put it past her to buy a prepay phone for 15 and a minutes card for 10 and use that. Really you've got to stay ahead of kids these days with technology if you don't want them doing shit to fuck up their lives. I need something that grabs data from wifi and something that scans for signals. Maybe I'm being overprotective but she could have a really bright future if she doesn't get caught up with boy stuff. This kind of shit keeps me up at night.

>>52098641
It'd be nice if it were that easy, you have any friends on the inside?
>>
>>52098695
Yes, his name is Ed
>>
You can't possibly be this retarded. Boot the PC in safe mode and change the password as you would normally.
>>
>>52098820
It stopped working after windows xp, retard.
>>
>>52098820
it's been a while man, I wanted to ask for other stuff too. I'm going to check out security essentials but still need something that works on iphones.
>>
I opened it up to look at it and try a few pws since I saw her retype it in after she opened it up to close the omegle window. I tried it twice and figured I didn't get a good look and closed it, then it died. Charger is still in there but they're sleeping so I'll just figure it out tomorrow. Thanks guys. I'm sure she won't get it back for a while. Now I just have to worry about her sneaking it and going code red and deleting all her IMs. Fucking kids.
>>
>>52098185
install a key logger(a hardware key logger)
>>
>>52098185
You can remove the button cell battery on the mobo to reset the password.
>>
Download Kon-Boot, make a bootable USB drive with it and bypass the shit out of that password.
>>
>>52098282
This desu
>>
File: 5435234287989054323.jpg (114 KB, 1056x545) Image search: [Google]
5435234287989054323.jpg
114 KB, 1056x545
>>
>>52098282
Good job pajeet
Just use live cd and install linux
>>
>>52098330
>Hey guise, if I bring up a minor exploit that's already been patched and wasn't a big deal to begin with, am I finally fitting in?
>>
>>52099763
This.
>>
>>52101616
>getting this mad
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.