[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I go full Stallman with my computing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
How do I go full Stallman with my computing?
>>
librebooted thinkpad with free compliant wireless card and a fsf-endorsed distro.

then use emacs, gcc, etc. the gnu suite.
>>
>>52095674
After that grow out your hair both on your head and on your face. Then eat things out of your toes.
>>
>>52095771
>Then eat things out of your toes

Keep hearing this. What's the source of this meme?
>>
>>52095792
>>52095771
samefag
>>
>>52095802
>he doesn't use 4chanX to see when posters have a new IP so he doesn't erroneously call samefag
>>
>>52095526

x200 's are cheap on ebay and have full libreboot compatibility. You can do it yourself with a raspberry pi and some electronics experience, or shell out $400 for a pre-done model.

You can even one-up stallman by actually doing the flashing and GNU/Richux installation yourself.

Famously he's quoted as saying he's never installed GNU/Linux himself, although that quote is old now and may no longer be true.

The Lemote Yeelong he used to use is actually quite hard to find.
>>
>>52095792
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I25UeVXrEHQ
>>
>>52095814
>implying sock puppets dont exist
>>
>>52095526

email yourself websites instead of using a browser
>>
File: 4L_s7G4W7vI.png (42 KB, 800x444) Image search: [Google]
4L_s7G4W7vI.png
42 KB, 800x444
>>52095674
What does stallman think of vim? Is vim freedom?
>>
>>52096046

He is a saint of the church of emacs.
>>
>>52095526
Install GNU + Hurd
>>
>full Stallman
>>
>>52095674
You forgot the part where he emails himself articles from the Internet because the Internet isn't free.
>>
>>52097982
Sauce?
>>
>>52096046
Yes. He is Ok with Vim
>>
>>52098148
stallman has way too much info to dig through on fsf.org and rms.org, but it's there. he fetches webpages with an FSF server, moves them to his laptop, and turns off his internet.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.