[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best low-budget amps? I know the Lepia LP-2020A+ comes highly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 41oY-bq+wEL._SY450_.jpg (21 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
41oY-bq+wEL._SY450_.jpg
21 KB, 450x450
Best low-budget amps?

I know the Lepia LP-2020A+ comes highly recommended

What are the equivalent choices and or better choices for around the same price range?

Pref under $100
>>
I'm gonna be picking this up for $100.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-cGRT8YNzIyq/p_033AV2105B/Denon-AVR-2105.html
>>
File: 21205115882005_365[1].jpg (126 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
21205115882005_365[1].jpg
126 KB, 800x600
>>52094187
Lepy LP2024A+

Better internals.
>>
Just get speakers. As long as you have a decent radio you won't be needing subs.
>>
>>52094187
Heh. I have one of those. They're ok. Especially after I replaced the hideous blue LEDs with amber. In the end though, it wasn't powerful enough to drive my Akai SW30. I replaced it with a 1983 Sanyo JA-220.
>>
>>52094187
Buy a bunch of high gain transistors, the right capacitors, resistors and make your own amp for like quarter of the price. You can even use an amp IC if you're lazy.
Amps are the most fun and easy electronics projects out there to make, you should definitely get the experience out of it. There are tons of guides to make your own amps out there, some good ones even include the math for choosing the right parts
>>
These tiny China things are crap. They are all the same on the inside, and none of them deliver more than 5W per channel.
Pay a little more and buy a used Stereo receiver or, if you prefer new, a cheap Onkyo.
If you go with those "amplifiers" you might as well just build your own wire to just connect the speakers to a 3.5mm output.
>>
File: TPA3116.jpg (113 KB, 755x592) Image search: [Google]
TPA3116.jpg
113 KB, 755x592
>>52094187
>>52094787
Both of them use the older chip.

The new hotness is TPA 3116 chipset.Better quality and you can get it just as cheap with better features like bluetooth and such.
>>
I just got one; it's okay. Below a certain volume threshold my left channel falls off more than the right one, but I control the volume from my computer's system volume so that's a moot point. I'm by no means an audiophile, so it's not exactly hard to please me when I'm upgrading from ancient Sony Vaio speakers that came with my family's desktop from years and years ago.
>>
>>52094187
Mine died on me after a month. Got a DTA-1 and it has served me well enough since. It's bare bones but it works well enough,
>>
>>52096807
What can I do with a bunch of TL072s and one or two LM741s?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.