[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of fanless laptops wont they just overheat fast?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: ctl-education-chromebook_07.jpg (70 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ctl-education-chromebook_07.jpg
70 KB, 600x600
What's the point of fanless laptops wont they just overheat fast?
>>
The point is to have a winter heater.
>>
>>52084384
Fanless laptops are made with low power CPUs. They'll get warm but they're not meant to be rendering videos or playing games anyway.
>>
Think of them as tablets with a keyboard
>>
they're meant to be really quiet
>>
They might actually be more reliable since they have no moving parts like a tablet or phone.
>>
File: bit leak.jpg (80 KB, 368x242) Image search: [Google]
bit leak.jpg
80 KB, 368x242
>>52084384
Optical computing when?
>>
>>52085421
Leave autist
>>
I chromebook never gets hot. Not matter what im doing, the CPU has really low power-consumption and never gets that hot.
>>
>>52084384
I can't wait until I can get a fanless laptop with the following
>14" 1080p IPS or better screen
>Full 24 hours battery life (~18 with wifi)
>Backlit keyboard
>512GB M.2/NVMe/PCIe SSD
>3 USB ports
>Bluetooth

Would be my perfect machine
>>
>>52084696
This. If you plan on doing anything that would tax the CPU's on these things the. You should have more powerful hardware. They won't overheat doing the things they are intended for, what don't you people get about it?
>>
I have celeron CPU (N2840) on my chromebook, and it only gets a little warm while charging.
>>
>>52086488
I hate to say it but the macbooks are getting close.
>>
>>52084384
Chromebooks still use a fan. It's very quiet, but mine can be heard in a quiet room.
>>
>>52086604
Yes the new macbook is heading in the right direction. If it were a little bigger than 12" and had a proper keyboard rather than a large blackberry clicky thing it would be superb. I am hoping to see the Air go fanless. Stick in a 14" screen but keep the size of the 13" (smaller bezels) and it would be amazing
>>
>>52086622
not all of them do.
>Samsung Cb
>Samsung Cb 2
>Acer CB3 111

There are plenty without and plenty with fans
with:
Acer C720
>>
>>52084384
fun fact: vast majority of electronic devices are fanless
>>
No because they use shitty underpowered smartphone-tier cpus
>>
>>52086604
I hate to say it but besides the 24 hour battery life that's exactly my t440s.
I'm even able to upgrade its parts myself, I added the T450s trackpoint buttons back.

Not changing this shit for a long time.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.