[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we get more minorities interested in tech?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: 1.jpg (52 KB, 550x375) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
52 KB, 550x375
How do we get more minorities interested in tech?
>>
>>52080430
Leave them alone and let them decide if they're interested in it themselves.

Those are fucking real people, not pets, and they're responsible for themselves, you pretentious librul cunt.
>>
>>52080451
But their upbringing (mainly due in part because of us) puts them at a social and educational disadvantage which doesn't give them the same opportunities and privileges most other white people get.
>>
I'm a minority and I'm not getting any interviews or even any callbacks.
>>
>>52080573
Why don't you move then?
>>
>>52080586
can't afford to move
>>
Build more call centres
>>
>>52080472
>us
speak for yourself, underachiever.
>>
>>52080430
send them back to india and they will naturally develop a desire to get into tech support
>>
>>52080430
wow 5 replies and not a single racist comment. I'm surprised /g/
>>
>>52080430
by getting rid of job discrimination
>be named jose
>nobody calls you back
>drop 1 letter and call myself joe
>suddenly interviews
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/02/jose-joe-job-discrimination_n_5753880.html
>>
File: raj.jpg (72 KB, 768x512) Image search: [Google]
raj.jpg
72 KB, 768x512
>>52080430
pay them to force memes.
>>
>>52080430
What are you talking about?
You can go to any university IT department or tech company and the place is swarming with chinkies and pakis.

Do you mean more nignogs and mexicans?

I fear you're destined to fail there
>>
Why are there so many Indian programmers? I thought India was really poor, how do they afford computers if they can't even afford food?
>>
>>52080636
don't forget najeebs and rajs
>>
>>52080430
We don't.
Why should we be forcing shit onto other people? They'll come if they're interested
>>
>>52080472
Even without your dumb phony guilt, help and encouragement any minority has immensely better opportunities in any 1st world country than in the countries their kind is the absolute majority.

Try to be actually useful for once and get more minorities interested in moving to the places where they are majorities, where they won't find any boogeyman to blame for their failures and where your babbling about "privileges" means jack shit. That will be something.
>>
>>52080622
ni..ni..NICE
>>
>>52080622
nigger
>>
I've been to 4 tech companies so far and so far the majority of programmers are white. A very interesting phenomenom.

SoCal btw.
>>
don't, economics bro
less = more valuable = more money
>>
>>52080698
>>52080430
>>52080472
I found the samefag shilling again
>>
>>52080698
programming is a white male profession
always has been
>>
>>52080472
That's fucking demeaning as fucking hell. I was raised broke as shit in a town of 200 people, and I'm Native American. I wanted to work with computers. I'm in my senior year of CS with 2 years of work experience under my belt. Fuck you, you fucking faggot. I don't need your ass to speak for me and belittle my god damn intelligence.
>>
>>52080729
statistically speaking, you are a minority amongst minorities
>>
>>52080698
Have you ever seen the tech companies in China? India? The total majority in those are Chinese people and Indians, respectively. Now that's some fucking shocking and unbelievable phenomenon. Who would have thought?
>>
Honestly, I've stopped talking to anyone who brings up minorities, because their opinions are so fucking stupid there's no way to make them realize how incredibly racist they're being when they make the claim that minorities need to be coddled into pursuing tech careers like they're children or something.
They usually have the same opinions on women.
>>
>>52080760
And? I lived with a fucking meth addicted family for a year and worked a job I fucking hated to save enough money to get to college. I got a scholarship to pay for the rest of my time here.

I wanted it. I fucking got it through hard work. You can fuck right the fuck off with this shit, you fucking cuck.
>>
>>52080727
When programming was punchcards, whatever era that was, programming jobs were largely done by woman I beleive.
>>
>>52080808
Programming was a woman's job well into the 50's as well.
>>
>>52080808
That's because computers were big bulky beasts that took up entire floors of a building.
It was tedious cumbersome gruntwork to program the computers.
That's all they were doing, grunt work.
The computer scientists were the ones writing the programs and passing them off to the data entry team.
>>
>>52080825
no wonder all the programmers are homos
>>
>>52080708
SoCal fag here. Naw, I'm Chinese so I dun give a fuck.
>>
>>52080771
The US is an interesting pool of races though. My current job now is factory work. The actual factory workers? Mexicans. The programmers? White.
>>
>>52080622
This isn't /pol/
>>
>>52080430
>How do we get more minorities interested in tech?
but they are anon
especially blacks, black people steal tech like crazy
>>
>>52080729

can you make teepee? can you shot bow from horse? native american my ass
>>
maybe consider ebonics in programming syntax
some pro-dope marketing
maybe bring some urban edge to the aesthetics of various equipment.
in other words just fuck that shit up
>>
>>52080430
increase education budget, bring more tech contracts to underfunded (mostly inner-city) schools
increase efforts to keep tech jobs in the country instead of outsourcing to cheaper countries (good luck)
>>
File: muh_diversity.png (25 KB, 613x448) Image search: [Google]
muh_diversity.png
25 KB, 613x448
>apply for internships

Getting real tired of this shit.
>>
>>52081327
Why don't you just enter atheist or christian into religion? I mean they can't really prove that
>>
File: winrer.jpg (70 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
winrer.jpg
70 KB, 960x720
>>52081327
Not a single privilege.
You'll get the job.
>>
>>52080636
Exactly. Ain't no mexican interested in c language.
They got coke.
>>
>>52080839
you're also a cuck
>>
>>52081413
I'm mexican and I write exclusively in ansi C.
>>
>>52080430
The Chinese appear to be prepping Africa for their new cheap labor factories. The Africans are sitting on a mountain of valuable minerals, like Tantalum and Cobalt.
>>
>>52080472
I was raised in poor family, i feel like i never got opportunities you had. Could you send me your money to make it even?

I'm white though.
>>
>>52080430
You don't.
Their input would be useless and they'll just attract more unneeded political correctness into the field.
>>
>>52081734
I find this hilarious. Africans are sitting on wealth and they're too busy shooting each other to get it out of the ground.
>>
>>52080430
Put superior white brains in them.
>>
>>52083728
Easily liquid-able resources are a curse to a nation. The government can live lavishly off the wealth from the resources without needing to develop the country or be held accountable to the people.
>>
>How
why?

most are already interested, the rest is hopeless under progressive governments because they spoil them and fuck with their lives too much
>>
>>52080430
> minorities
>pic not related
>>
And then you'll complain when your job gets outsourced to India where Rakesh and Ravi will do the same work you do for a tenth of the salary.
>>
>>52081359
Because that'd hurt his/her/its chances
>>52081375
>Not a single privilege
>ensures they will be hired
Pick one
>>
aren't whites technically a minority?
>>
>>52085525
in france
>>
>>52080430
OP is a faggot and that's the truth ruth.
>>
>>52080573
Well I guess that has never happened to a white person.
>>
>>52080698
Two thirds of the programmers I work with are Indian
>>
1. Ask /g/ every day how we can get more women and minorities into tech
2. Wait for /g/ to take the bait
3. Profit?
>>
>>52080430
Why would you want more minorities?
>>
>>52085878
Because the big businesses sent out subliminal messaging to warp his mind to love minorities so that said businesses can import them and hire them on as extremely cheap labor.
>>
>>52080451
No, they are goyim
>>
File: 1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg (13 KB, 248x320) Image search: [Google]
1291131680_two-thumbs-up.jpg
13 KB, 248x320
>>52080729
>>52080803

Holy shit

This was delicious to read
>>
>>52080472
>But their upbringing (mainly due in part because of us)

>Their

Don't speak for me, asshole. I'm not some fucking showpiece for you.

Go suck a dick you identity politics faggot.

>Be me
>be a gay latino.
>have to put up with white liberals constantly trying to save me.
>>
>>52086373
I'll save you with my dick. I mean, only if you want it, anon.
>>
Why do you have a picture of majority races in tech in your picture OP? The only minorities in tech and blacks and latinos.

Black and latino aren't crying out for more representation in tech, so I don't really know what the point of doing anything about diversity makes sense.
>>
>>52089111
Blacks and latinos aren't crying for more representation in tech for the same reason that poor and destitute africans aren't crying for more computer literacy.
>>
>>52080866
Wow, first generation immigrants tend to have less money and work less prestigious jobs? What a fucking shocker.
>>
"I'm a minority and I managed to git gud don't speak for me FUCKING KEKS"

I'm starting to wonder how many of these posts are just le sneaky /pol/sters.

If not, why not milk the libruls? Can't be that hard, even if it feels like cheating to you.
>>
>>52089797
Unlike women, most people are not content with activists, politicians and employers dehumanizing them and treating them like a commodity resource to collect and brag about.
When I read about affirmative action and forced diversity quotas, all I see is a big racist game of "gotta catch 'em all".
>>
By pandering to them to a degree that makes the current people in tech uncomfortable with minorities thus somehow making tech more welcoming(?)
>>
File: spongebob_disgust.jpg (18 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
spongebob_disgust.jpg
18 KB, 480x480
>>52083679
>raised in poor family
>I'm white though
Stop lying, shitlord.
>>
>>52080698
How is that a phenomenon?
>>
>>52080430
You don't
>>
File: poo in the loo.jpg (167 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
poo in the loo.jpg
167 KB, 500x500
>>52080430
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.