[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if I'm a basic bitch who doesn't have time for Arch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: winx botnet.jpg (2 MB, 3664x3688) Image search: [Google]
winx botnet.jpg
2 MB, 3664x3688
So if I'm a basic bitch who doesn't have time for Arch Linux and just want my shit to work, is Apple my only choice now? I really don't like Apple.
>>
>>52078288
>I'm a basic bitch who doesn't have time for Arch
Stop bitching and install Arch
>>
https://www.reactos.org/

NP
P

QT
T
>>
Why aren't you considering something like Mint, or Fedora?
>>
>install ubuntu
>>
Install antergos it's basically arch for lazy people
>>
>>52078288
Linux Mint, don't listen to these Arch idiots.
>>
>>52078323
Am I understanding this right? They're trying to reverse engineer Windows, and if they succeed, someday I will be able to play my games and be free at the same time?
>>
>>52078508
Steam supports linux now, right?
>>
>>52078512
not if the games are proprietary
>>
>>52078537
>steam

fuck off kid
>>
>>52078537
There is a Linux client now, but it's still up to the developer whether the game will work on Linux or not. About a 1/3rd of my library will run on Linux.
>>
>>52078288
>What is Xubuntu
>What is Lubuntu

You want to go from newbie to autistic turbonerd in one attempt? learn the environment first before you touch arch.
>>
I haven't turned my computer off in near 2 weeks, and before that 40 days. Just pick a non-DIY Linux distro.
Also I wouldn't trust an Ubuntu-based distro with two yardsticks taped together.
>>
>>52078616
retard
>>
>>52078679
not op, what are some good ones?
>>
>>52078710
4chan is 18+ kiddo
>>
>>52078679

you sound like a fool
>>
>>52078757
>calling strangers on the internet 'kid' when you don't know each others ages to feel a sense of superiority over your sad small life
>2k16
i shiggidy diggity
>>
>>52078757
then why are YOU here FAGGOT?
>>
>>52078801
nice meme :^) fitting in well!
>>
>>52078725
Debian, Fedora and Opensuse are pretty nice and comfy
>>
>>52079124
>comfy
don't you be dissing my go-to OS, faggot.
>>
>>52079124
all of this requires a lot of configuration out of the box, better package managers, better theme... i mean a distro that is less DIY. I know people have different tastes, but at least have the theme comparable with the modern oses out there or if it is an old layout at least it should be tasteful, all the standard ones look like windows xp
>>
>>52079366
Top tier JustWerkz distros:
Xubuntu/Lubuntu (install Plank for dock) or Ubuntu GNOME
Korora
GeckoLinux(openSUSE justwerks version)
>>
>>52079525
You don't have to make fun of the poor kid.
>>
>>52079366
Also elementaryOS would be top tier but the packages are too outdated. Yes /g/ricers hate on it but that interface is clean, fast beauty
>>
File: snapshot207.png (76 KB, 721x582) Image search: [Google]
snapshot207.png
76 KB, 721x582
>>52079366
Define configuration.
>>
OP just use windows 7 SP1 iso, find one somewhere on the net. turn off the updates obviously so you dont get windows NSA and just do all your security through your browser/anti-virus and firewall.

an example: firefox+noscrip+adblock+whatever else block

and then use MSE or any antivirus of your choice just keep it up to date

then once windows 7 expires or w/e switch to an active firewall

test all .exe's in a virtual machine

you'll be secure for most things OP..
>>
What's with this meme with Arch? If you know what you're doing, you can have a finished install faster than ubuntu and other distros. First it takes a little learning, but it's worth it.

Remember, there's nothing cool about using anything, just use it if it suits your needs. Arch is for people who like to know what they're doing and to build it up to what they desire -- it's a toy. It's not a secret club nor anything special. If you want something that just works, get something that fucking works.
>>
>>52079366
>better package managers
>>
Install debian
>>
There are literally dozens of "works out of the box" distros with graphical installer. OP is troll or retarded.
>>
>>52078288
Just install fedora
>>
>>52078288
nice troll
>>
only valid answers Kubuntu Xubuntu Lubuntu
>>
>>52078288
applel is even worse, they don't even pretend to give you any options.

use a beginner-friendly distro, xubuntu maybe.
>>
>people smart enough to get themselves in a tizzy over harmless data collection
>>
>>52078288
Ubuntu looks very similar to OSX (that's right, just about as horrible and most buttons are nailed down). If you want an install-and-forget type of distro, you might want to use Mint, it's compatible with 99% of common hardware out of the box and chances are even if you encounter any problems, you can find a solution online.
>>
>>52078288
show tits
>>
>>52078288
Show tits or GTFO
>>
Architect Linux installer anyone?
>>
>>52078288
If you are a basic bitch you have no business being picky about your OS. All are usable with skill and you have had a lifetime to get good.

I use Linux for most things and all online banking and shopping, and Windows for shit where security doesn't matter but I need apps like AutoCAD. It doesn't cost anything to run multiple OS in VMs, multibooting or both.
>>
PCLinuxOS. Works with most anything out of the box.
>>
File: Thumbs-and-Ammo-15.jpg (85 KB, 600x440) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs-and-Ammo-15.jpg
85 KB, 600x440
>>52082806
Over hereee
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.