[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toshiba Libretto70ct
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: 15 - 1.jpg (109 KB, 958x718) Image search: [Google]
15 - 1.jpg
109 KB, 958x718
I got this for christmas /g/ It has msdos on it and pcmcia adapters with the dock included. is there anything that can be done with these. I looked it up on ebay and it goes for like $400. why? it's only got like 32mb ram.
>>
>>52067123
>>>/christmasthread/ nigger
>>
>>52067123
who gave you it?
>>
>>52067123
They usually sell for 100-200 which is still overpriced desu. 400 must be a christmas meme from the retards on ebay.
>>
>>52067130
brother
>>
expensive because it's vintage
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>52067266
uh..how? it only has pcmcia and serial
>>
>>52067129
No fuck off this beaut deserves its own thread.
>>
Can it play Doom?
>>
install openbsd
>>
NetBSD!!!
you may have to remove the hdd and install it on another machine then put it back into the libretto
>>
I'll take it if you don't want it you ungrateful shit.
>>
Trash it
>>
>>52067404
so take the HDD out (maybe put a better one in) and install the OS using a tether/dock on another comp and reinstall. sounds easy. but it still has no network capability. should I just use some pcmcia wireless for that. would that even work?
>>
>I looked it up on ebay and it goes for like $400. why?

Some autists/retards like this kind of useless shit.
>>
>>52067561
don't look a gift hores in the mouth
>>
>>52067123
>I got this for christmas
Joke Christmas gift? Trash it, burn it, explode it, pull video on youtube, get more ads-money than from selling it.
>>
>>52067585
>pull video on youtube, get more ads-money than from selling it.

not a bad idea
>Trash it, burn it, explode it,
no. this is irreplaceable. a part and parcel of tech history.
>>
>>52067619
>>>/h/ipsters
>>
File: Untitled.png (8 KB, 524x187) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
8 KB, 524x187
>>52067645
>posting about a 20+ year old piece of antiquated technology.
>hipster
good one.
>>
>>52067123
Because people think because it's old it has to be worth a shit load of money. That mentality pisses off /vr/ when people are selling retro games much more expensive than they should be sold for.
>>
>>52067707
Looks like you missed the second part of the definition.
>>
>>52067952
what about it?
>>
>>52067562
NetBSD has support for some pcmcia network interfaces...
should be fun to do some retro stuff
>>
>>52067989
Its says that you're a faggot.
>>
>>52067123
Oh those feels! I desperately wanted this machine when I was young. Guess I still do.

Which one is it? I think they weren't from Pentium 75, an the way up to Pentium MMX 133.

Ok op, get yourself an orinoco2 pcmcia card. It will work in Linux and netbsd just fine. That will get you 802.11b wireless. Slow by modern standards, but as fast as pcmcia wireless got.

If you can't find a compatible ata ssd, you can always get the cf->ata adapter.
>>
Get a PCMCIA CD drive and put OpenBSD on there.
>>
>>52068652
good idea m8
>>
File: SuMjceM.jpg (654 KB, 1920x1230) Image search: [Google]
SuMjceM.jpg
654 KB, 1920x1230
>>52067123

They can run Linux, but they are more fun as Windows machines.
>>
>>52067123

A lot of network admins like them because of the serial port. They can plug into borked routers and switches and run diagnostics when they cannot access them remotely. You don't need much CPU or RAM to display the management console.
>>
File: IUp4U7p.jpg (236 KB, 1273x720) Image search: [Google]
IUp4U7p.jpg
236 KB, 1273x720
>>52069204
>>
>>52069215

>tfw SHODAN pwnz your Libretto
>>
Around 11 or 12 years ago, I exclusively used a pentium 1 laptop for those old erotic japanese VN games. iirc, it had 16MB of ram.

It actually did the trick, the games all worked flawlessly.
>>
>anything that can be done with these
Yes, jerk off in luddite hipster old tech circlejerks

>$400, why?
Luddite hipsters. use your brain and sell it
>>
its worth so much because the intel chips used in these contained large amounts of gold
>>
>>52067724
The old games market is a treasure trove for buyers compared to the old computer market.

"Vintage" is the most repulsive word in the english language.
>>
>>52069251
go back o your botnet windows 10. this is an antique appreciation thread
>>
I nearly got an IBM PC convertible on ebay for 20 bucks, but I got sniped.

I just want the goddamned keyboard.
>>
>>52069294
a thread about your mom?
>>
>>52069294
I still have a C2D laptop I use for a lot of things and everyone calls that an antique. What could this single core pentium, without working battery and most likely not even being able to find one online anywhere, possibly get done?

There's love for classic cars because they can move you around still. This is essentially finding a classic car shell and sitting inside it pretending to drive to a classic car event
>>
>>52069367
People who own classic cars never drive them for practical purposes. You leave it in the garage, and drive around in your honda civic.
>>
>>52069367

A C2D machine is still absolutely fine in 2015, to be honest.

Only begins to suck if you're into gaming and video encoding.
>>
>>52069367
exactly.
>>
>>52069459
might make a decent ricebox with memeOS on it.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.