[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Towards a single charger for mobile telephones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ss+(2015-12-26+at+06.46.21).png (22 KB, 617x317) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-26+at+06.46.21).png
22 KB, 617x317
https://www.admin.ch/gov/en/start/documentation/media-releases.msg-id-59636.html

>In order to harmonise the rules imposed on different products and in particular on telecommunications and electrical equipment, the Federal Council has approved the total revision of two ordinances - the Ordinance on Telecommunications Installations (OTI; CC 784.101.2) and the Ordinance on Electromagnetic Compatibility (OEMC; CC 734.5). Since the European legislation has also been amended accordingly, the mutual recognition agreement between Switzerland and the EU (CC 0.946.526.81) will continue to facilitate access of telecommunications and electrical equipment to both markets
>>
Every phone I've seen for the last five or six years has used the same micro-USB charger.
>>
>>52067116

What is Apple?
>>
>>52067127
They're required to ship an adapter in Euroland.

>>52067050
I was looking forward to USB Type-C as the universal connector.
>>
>>52067127
Apple doesn't take micro-USB?

I'm the one person on earth who has never had an iPhone and I find this hilarious

I've had LG, Motorola and Samsung phones that can all take the same charger, including an ancient Samsung flip phone.
>>
>>52067148
>Type C
Fuck that faggotry, everyone and their mothers have microusb and every computer on and off the market for at least a generation has usb slots for automatic hi-speed and super-speed compatability
All type C adds is more shitty adapters
>>
USB TYPE-C CONNECTOR

STEP IT UP, SENPAIS
>>
>>52067050
this stifles innovation and creativity

bad move
>>
>>52067202
They have used the lightning cable since 2011 I think, maybe 2010.
Fast, small, and reversible.
Oh and it's not prone to pin breakage or flimsy ports (like 98% of all and our phones I have ever laid my eyes on)
>>
>>52068255
Oh wow it's the "this dick in my mouth is delicious" shill in their natural habitat
>>
>>52070825
Lighthing beats micro-usb at everything.
>>
>>52071713
Except for compatibility and price
>>
>>52071713
Keep on slurpin!

10 rupees have been deposited into your account.
>>
>>52071713
Except the most important bits.
I bet you still wonder why FireWire didn't take off or Thunderbolt
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.