[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Laptop Recommendations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: fuck.jpg (70 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
70 KB, 500x375
> for programming / casual gaming
> looking to buy right now / before uni starts
> want to dual boot linux / windows
> would prefer to take advantage of all the sales going on right now
> looking for no larger than a 15.6 inch screen because I dont want to lug that shit around all day

I only really play league occasionally and I can run that shit @ 40fps on a 5 year old Dell inspiron with integrated graphics. So no, I'm not really looking for a real gaming laptop.

So pretty much, I'm looking for a laptop with relatively good build quality, with an i5/i7 and is decently priced (hopefully on sale right now)
>>
>>52055030
forgot to mention price range - I'm willing to shill out 500-1000 for a good quality laptop that will last me a while
>>
>>52055030
one of the current 14" or even 15" sagers
https://www.powernotebooks.com/
thank me later
>>
>>52055230
sucks to live in canada mang, price gets boosted from ~800 to ~1100 from canadian resellers
>>
>>52055386
what you you find cheeper or better with the same specs and quality in canada?
>>
>>52055501
ok, you got me - I'll just deal with it.
>>
>uni level programming
You probably just want m.2 SSD and good single core performance.
>gaming
This is a lot more demanding and will definitely limit your options as good laptops are not good gaming experiences.
But if all you play is LoL then you can survive with intel graphics and get something with good battery life.
>>
>>52055662
or have a friend in the us buy it and go pick it up and pay him?
>>
>>52055030
How about Lenovo E450?

Has i5/i7 option, can have FullHD matte display (although I think only TN?), can have discreet graphics, good KB and finally old style trackpad and is ideal compromise at 14". Simple and durable. Price is within your limits.
>>
>>52055030
If you really care about programming, you're an idiot if you don't buy a Mac.

It's the only way to develop natively for all 3 major OSes, and for both major mobile OSes.

Also, the font rendering is excellent (and you'll be looking at text all day long), and the exclusive editors and IDEs make your life much easier.
>>
>>52055030
t h i n k p a d
h
i
n
k
p
a
d
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.