[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /g/ recommend me a phone with a charging port sturdy enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: cell-phone-charging.jpg (13 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
cell-phone-charging.jpg
13 KB, 507x338
Can /g/ recommend me a phone with a charging port sturdy enough to keep its tightness and not loose it's grip over repeated use?
I had my current phone for 2 years and even the slightest nudge causes it to stop charging, so I had to put it back in another position to resume the charging, rinse and repeat.

Wireless charging would be a solution, but the phones available with it have a rather high-end price tag and I'm shooting for a lower price tag e.g. no more than 300 bucks.

Any ideas?
>>
Buy a new phone every 1.5yrs.
>>
>>52052974
Why not just get a phone with wireless charging?
>>
>>52053135
What phones aren't shit and have wireless charging?
>>
>>52052974
Wallmart wireless fag here
galaxy s3 and 5 and lphones with lightning connectors are the absolute worse
old Iphones with the 32 pin never die
lg budget phones are sturdy as fuck (stylo power volt 2)
Kyocera is garbage bin tier
mid tier zte (quartz zmax zmax 2) are pretty bullet proof and speedy but fuck the hold to unlock shit
Motorola is solid but never let a first gen g or x completely decharge
fuck blu
fuck low end zte / Samsung
fuck the 5c I have at least 3 hamplanets a day bitch about MUHH IPHONE WONT CHARGE WHY CANT I DOWNLOAD MUHH APPS WHY MY BABY DADDY NOT RESPONDING TO MY MESSAGES BUT MY GURL IS
galaxy s4 has wireless chargeing and is durable
Nokia phones never have a problem
>>
>>52053224
nexus 6.
the new nexuses have USB-C ports and on my 5x the port connection is strong as FUCK. like I have to use actual force to unplug it sometimes.
>>
>>52053352
nexus 6 32 GB is like 250 right now btw, it's pretty much perfect for what you're asking for
>>
>>52053363
So the Nexus 6 is cheap and can charge wirelessly?
>>
>>52053363
wallmart fag here
get a case and don't were tight pants any 5.7 inch or larger phone is prone to spider web cracks and randomly broken lcds
>>
>>52053395
wallmart fag
yes also consider gently used lg flagships
>>
Try a new cord. The cords are designed to break before your charging port, so it may just be a cord issue. I've never had a problem with my phones as long as they're taken care of.
>>
>>52052974
>Can /g/ recommend me a phone with a charging port sturdy enough to keep its tightness and not loose it's grip over repeated use?

I have a Nexus 4 that I've had since shortly after they were released. I don't have any problem like what you're describing.

It sounds like you either have a shitty USB cable, or you've abused your hardware.
>>
OP here
I should have mentioned that my current phone is a LG G2, and I am surprised that dome recommend LG and that I'm apparently alone in this situation, yet I've only ever used the original cable which is starting to wear.
Does excessive bending of the cable count as abuse? If it does than I am guilty of charge.
>>
Nokia 3310
>>
>>52052990
Apple fag spotted. Most people don't need to buy a new phone so often.
>>
>>52053224
nexus 5 - the old one
>>
>>52054046
do you ever charge the phone while useing it and Laying down. naturally this buts pressure on the charger and the chargeing port and if you did its your own fault
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.