[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /g/, I just got a Artura Microbrute for Xmas. The problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_6976.jpg (50 KB, 324x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6976.jpg
50 KB, 324x480
So /g/, I just got a Artura Microbrute for Xmas. The problem is it doesn't produce sound. Ik it's just a mixer and it needs to hook up to a program like Frootyloops or Abelton live (I have the cracked version of FL Studio 12) I dont have the chord to connect it or the knowledge to do it. Do you have any advice, /g/?

Also, I know this might belong on /mu/, but that board doesn't help
>>
You are the dumbest motherfucker on the planet. What do you mean it's "just a mixer" it has literally nothing to do with mixers. Plug a pair of headphones into the headphone port and play with your new toy and go read the manual.
>>
Pic of I/O ports? If you use Linux, chances are the device will be discovered by JACK, which makes it trivial to use with any application really
>>
>>52051726
He's using FL studio, which means Windows. Yes it probably works under wine but you and I both know that's not the situation. There are guaranteed to be 1million threads on Forums asking "how do I connect my Microbrute to FL Studio", in those exact words; OP is just intellectually lazy.

Merry fucking christmas
>>
MIDI
>>
>>52051850
MIDI does not carry sound
>>
>>52051895
>I dont have the chord to connect it or the knowledge to do it. Do you have any advice, /g/?

OP is looking for a midi cable

but seriously you should read the manual that your synth came with if you want the slightest idea of what to do

you need to either plug it into your computer, or plug it into an amp/headphones
>>
>>52051768
this is true.
>>
>>52051999
Microbrute does MIDI over USB. He requires no peripherals whatsoever to be able to connect and hear it, except a functional brain and possibly a 1/4->3.5mm adaptor.
>>
>>52051682
>I dont have the chord to connect it
you can use a usb b-a cable
as others have already said.. rtfm
>>
It's a fucking instrument, a monosynth. Plug it into an instrument amp or speaker or maybe plug in a headphone into it and you will hear it. In some cases you might fucked up the routing or the patch so much that you wont hear a sound.
It is time to learn about sound synthesis my breh.
>>
File: 1376685033314.jpg (107 KB, 548x575) Image search: [Google]
1376685033314.jpg
107 KB, 548x575
>mfw I love christmas because I can get really nice second hand synths from idiots like OP for pennies on the dollar
>>
>>52051682
>minikeys
>>
>>52052207
you mean like a few weeks later when they realize it's not what they wanted

>what the fuck!? this only plays one note at a time!
>>
>>52051682
Also, it's a SYNTH. It produces sound on it's own. There are no build in speakers so you'll need to use headphones/monitors. Looks like you never played any instrument at all, which means you wont enjoy the beauty that is this synth
>>
>>52052285
yes
>>
File: 1379953432821.jpg (84 KB, 458x607) Image search: [Google]
1379953432821.jpg
84 KB, 458x607
>tfw a faggot somewhere uses an analog synth just to control faggot noises in Fruity Loops
>>
Got a TX81Z (digital FM synth, 1987) for an early Christmas present.
https://clyp.it/kyhgf2oh
Had only done instrument programming on Gameboy before.
What a great synth, hope FM makes a comeback.
>>
OP it's not that you fucked up or anything but you should have gone with a yamaha reface series keyboard (your pic)

it would be much better for a beginner considering it's polyphonic so you can actually play it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1DvXBOkO5M
>>
File: so polite.jpg (103 KB, 1500x994) Image search: [Google]
so polite.jpg
103 KB, 1500x994
>>52052345
my fuckin nigga

great synth all you need is a decent editor/librarian and the box that rocks does it without fail
>>
>>52052370
Having trouble getting the available VSTs to work on Linux. Might program something myself. Hey, it has more buttons than my Gameboy at least.
Do you have any recordings to show off?
>>
>>52052478
>Having trouble getting the available VSTs to work on Linux. Might program something myself. Hey, it has more buttons than my Gameboy at least.

It also has like 10 times the parameters though. Face editing is a pain. You can always use midi sysex to control patch settings as well

I was actually setting it up with ableton so I could save my patch data directly to the midi track so it sends the patch data and notes depending on the track I want to play

>Do you have any recordings to show off?

I've got some stuff in the works but nothing polished enough I'd like to show and my setup is 10 states away otherwise I'd run through some neat patches
>>
>>52052541
>It also has like 10 times the parameters though.
It also has waveform drawing. Now THAT was a pain. I ended up just programming all my waveforms.
>>
>>52052607
oh keep in mind you can pretty much use a dx7 patch librarian/editor but sometimes it can be a bit wonky
>>
>>52051682
>just a mixer
What does it say in the box?
Have had a microbrute for many months. You're just stupid, my friend.
>>
>>52052207
>Implying the microbrute is a good synth.
>>
>>52052370
Oh jeez. I have some spare rackspace I could fill with one of these. Gonna have to look into picking one up now.
>>
>>52051682

Who /AudioUTOPiA here?
>>
>>52054437
It's an ok synth

id rather have an sh101
>>
>>52052607
>drawing waveforms
i always wanted to do this. is there a vst where you can draw them?
>>
>>52054772
I'm aware. =]
It's probably the best synth for beginners at least.
>>
>>52052370
I used to have one of those. Good ol' Lately Bass eh?
>>
>>52055048
easily one of the best presets on it

suprisingly all the other presets are decent if you mess with pitching them funny
>>
>>52054861
I don't play with VSTs like that anon, sorry. I just mathematically generated them in C then played them on my Gameboy.
>>
>>52055048
Never got the obsession with presets on that series of synths. The customizing capabilities are easily better. Though I guess the confusing level of customization was what killed FM.
>>
>>52054861
Wavetables
>>
>>52056087
because latelybass is incredibly usable and sounds great
>>
>>52056087
FM8 killed hardware fm synths. since unless you're running some giant modular system. FM8 will do the exact same job for less.
>>
>>52056396
I mean how it was overshadowed by sampling and additive synthesis.
>>
>>52056102
Sure, but that should be only part of its appeal.
>>
>>52056467
It is only part of its appeal

The engine is great and the modules being multitimbral is great. The tx81z, tx802, sy77, dx7, dx11, are all neat in their own strange ways

>>52056396
Computers in general killed digital hardware synths. Personally I love digital hybrid synths like the korg dw8000 and ensoniq esq-1 and their vst counterparts arent great because of the actually very decent analog filters in both of those synths
>>
>>52056537
I end up sending a lot of softsynths through my ms20 and voyager, those filters really do some magic, no doubt.
>>
File: 1440248307836.jpg (89 KB, 512x382) Image search: [Google]
1440248307836.jpg
89 KB, 512x382
>>52056686
>mfw dx7 through ms20
>mfw someday I'll have a modular that has ladder filters so I can make 303 noises with a dx7
>>
>>52056734
I actually have my 303 plugged into my ms20 right now with some distortion pedals post filter. Since with midi on the new one you can actually keytrack it properly.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.