[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God Tier Video Editing Software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
I was a long time premiere CS3 user back when it was new, But I like the Interface of Vegas Pro better, Makes my workflow easier? What does /g/ use if they're into the video editing thing?
>>
>>52049033
Makes my workflow easier,*
Accidentally hit a question mark on my phone.
>>
Avid master race here.

Just go premiere cc. It's friendly.
>>
>>52049053
I know cc is a cloud product, but can it run without internet sometimes? I use vegas on my my extra laptop to edit phone video clips in the car.
>>
>>52049078
I don't think so.
If you like vegas, stick to it.

If you're seriously interested in editing I still suggest premiere or even Avid if you can handle the learning curve.
>>
>>52049111
Thanks, I actually was pretty good at using premiere when i started (13yo) and it's very much like final cut pro on macs, but vegas is just easymode.
>>
Wat bout muh lightworks tho?
>>
>>52049033
i personally like vegas pro a lot, but it randomly shits the bed with certain file formats more than i like
last i used was 12 i think, premiere now
>>
>>52049078
>I know cc is a cloud product, but can it run without internet sometimes?
You can run it without any connectivity at all, senpai.
>>
AviSynth.
>>
>>52049033
I was always apprehensive of using Vegas since for the longest time it limited RAM usage limit to 4GB or thereabout. Dunno if they fixed that, but it's one of the reasons Vegas was always considered the hobbyists editor, it just wouldn't handle large projects.
>>
File: 93_6373_2.jpg (44 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
93_6373_2.jpg
44 KB, 400x400
>>52049033
>>
>>52049273
RLM uses Vegas, but I dunno if that counts as "large projects" since their actual editing is lightweight
>>
>>52049273
I'm on Vegas 13 64-bit and it's ram preview is 3006 MB, You couldn't be more right about Vegas being a hobby editor, I love it, but it is a YouTube poop machine.
>>
>>52049312
They use final cut, lad
>>
>>52049321
What is not a hobby editor then?
>>
>>52049342
Stuff like premiere, final cut studio. Vegas has been used to edit some big things, but it hasn't reached Hollywood level.
>>
>>52049342
Avid media composer, m8
>>
>>52049358
How is Premiere different from Vegas?
>>
>>52049328
Yeah? They musta swapped
Got this from a forum post in 2010
>>
>>52049366
Vegas will automatically add a fade transition to clips dragged into each other on the timeline (I love this) and exporting options are way easier than final cut and premiere. Rendering options are much more clear cut in vegas pro 13(almost consumer level) than when I first used Vegas 8.
>>
Adobe is bloated as fuck nowadays with cloud botnet out the ass. Even if you uninstall it it leaves services running.
>>
File: im2-open1.jpg (49 KB, 396x254) Image search: [Google]
im2-open1.jpg
49 KB, 396x254
Wouldn't call this god tier, but it was so good, Apple scrapped it.
>>
>>52049414
>Vegas will automatically add a fade transition to clips dragged into each other on the timeline
Yeah I miss this and a few other options.

>Rendering options are much more clear cut in vegas pro 13
I dunno pal, AME is nice too.
>>
>>52049358
Fcp and avid are were used for 'hollywood' level Editing. Now that Apple fucked everybody in postproduction in the Ass people switched to Adobe and avid.
>>
>>52049458
I'm fairly sure imovie hd was the reason why applel got the "computing for creative people" meme
>>
Final Cut Pro master race
>>
>>52049444
Confirmed. Any love for DaVinci Resolve?
>>
>>52049033
after effect is full of bloat shit and too complicated and too high requirements
meanwhile vegas pro is just in the right spot but sometimes it randomly crashes but rarely
>>
>>52050140
That's because you're retarded and use compositing software for NLE. Fucking idiot.
>>
I've always been good with Vegas pro 13. Sometimes I get crashes with big projects. Idk, good to use for YouTube videos.
>>
Does vegas still not recognize AVI files?
>>
>>52050176
>>52050140
>randomly crashes

I thought this only happened in the pirated version. [spoiler]unless you guys pirated too[/spoiler]
>>
>>52050361
>I thought this only happened in the pirated version
Why would pirated version crash more often?
>>
Is FCPX really bad or is that just a baby duck professional meme?
>>
>>52050201
using avi and not mkv?
>>
>>52050401
I reallly have no idea. But i pirated the same version of sony vegas multiple times and all of them crashed on different situations. I'm now using the one that just crashes every now and then,
>>
>>52049033
I'm a huge fan of premiere (cs6). Vegas is decent, but I haven't bothered to learn it.
>>
>>52050437
It's kind of a baby duck meme by professionals, but the saltyness is forgivable, apple took an application that's been the same for years, that people could use to make fine edits, and turned it into a prosumer, iMovie.
>>
What's the best with a notebook Intel GPU?
>>
File: 1290339763723.png (112 KB, 283x463) Image search: [Google]
1290339763723.png
112 KB, 283x463
Premiere Pro cc Portable

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.
>>
everyone is shilling for Vegas pro after ISIS showed what you could do with it.
>>
>>52050140
I have a Q6600, 4GB RAM, and a Radeon HD7750, and vegas is smooth as fuck.
>>
>tfw I am the only one that legitimately likes editing video in blender
>>
Lightworks just werks over here.
>>
File: 1448960891291.jpg (257 KB, 1523x899) Image search: [Google]
1448960891291.jpg
257 KB, 1523x899
>>
FCP when I was a child. Definitely still a soft spot there as I can't bring myself to uninstall it... Use it mostly for timelapses and when I render anything to pngs or something

But in all honesty Premiere Pro CS6... Fuck all things CC

Vegas is for fags
>>
>>52050114
As much as I want to love DaVinci Resolve 12, I just can't. Whenever I export a video it will have a significant de-sync with the audio at some point. Anybody know how to make that stop?
Source video is 1080p60 Shadowplay recorded gameplay footage.
>>
>>52058281
>Vegas is for fags
Kinda true since it's the go-to editor for the 1337 quickscoping community, But it's a damn good program.
>>
File: 4L_UQrUJzhq.png (262 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
4L_UQrUJzhq.png
262 KB, 512x512
I use FCPX on a Hackintosh. Am I a faggot?
>>
Final Cut Pro obviously.
>>
vegas mustard race

desu senpai having used both premiere and vegas quite a lot, i prefer premiere's ui but the main usual editing tasks feel much quicker on vegas
>>
>>52058365
It's a decent piece of software ill give it that... but i'm not convinced its even close to being the best out there by professional standards.

By quickscoping standards you may as well hop on tpb now and share the torrent with all your little faggy CS:S friends
>>
Final Cut Pro, good UI, and it was a hefty major budget portfolio, which says to me if million, and multi-million dollar budgets choose FCP as their editor, it's gotta be good.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Cut_Pro
>>
>>52058387
Yes.

But only because you said Hackintosh...
>>
>>52058488
>wanting to eat slightly less shit out of own hands than I would with an actual Mac
>that makes me a faggot

tb.h baka fa.m
>>
>>52058629
At least you're well aware
>>
Id like a mix of Vegas and premiere as a program. both have features and interface layouts I really like, though neither one it's perfect.
>>
>>52049148
Lightworks is actual shit. I lost hours of work multiple times because of that piece of garbage shark. Plus the fact that you can't make it run in a window is infuriating if you have other light tasks going on. Im trying out Shotcut soon. It works really smoothly with test footage and is able to work in something other than fullscreen
>>
File: final cut movies.png (122 KB, 888x940) Image search: [Google]
final cut movies.png
122 KB, 888x940
>>52049358
>>
Vegas would be nice but fucking 600 dollars for a license and torrenting only leads to chinese viruses
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.