[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tech Illiteracy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Peak of Life.jpg (3 MB, 3120x4208) Image search: [Google]
Peak of Life.jpg
3 MB, 3120x4208
>My school has has me explain our current tech setup and facilities to the new 'Technology Coordinator' that they hired
>I do it because muh above minimum wage job
>Didn't even know what VLAN meant
>Told me that she likes her new macbook more then her old pc because she drops her laptop a lot and the metal case will protect it better
Why do people like this exist?
Also, Tech Illiteracy general
[spoiler] Pic related, its the walkie talkie they give me orders with [/spoiler]
>>
You had no input in to the hiring of your team?
>>
Had that same model of walkie talkie when I worked at a students union, seemed decent, better than the shit the door staff had.
>>
your story reminds me of the IT crowd, when they get Jen, the new computer illiterate boss of the IT department.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ_aSFebyDA
>>
>>52046038
>Why do people like this exist?

Diversity quotas.
>>
>>52046071
She's part of some new team thats supposed to help more people get into tech or some shit that the admin just hired and implemented without actually giving us much of a choice. Even worse is that they split the tech department in two so my boss can't even limit their power they have their own boss to do that (and our budget got split).
>>
>>52046038
2 years into networking degree, some people on this course still don't understand subnetting, let alone VLSM.
>>
>>52046086
At least Jen was attractive, this lady is a landwhale
>>
>>52046131
That's actually disturbing.
>>
condescending greentext *and* spoiler tags?
you must really be an above average patrician, OP. glad you came to us to stroke your ego rather than said any of this to the people involved.
>>
I guess we basically got cucked into letting them have our well paying high prestige jobs without having to possess the competence and knowledge for it, purely through emotional manipulation MUH UNEQUALITY I DESERVE TO HAVE LOTS OF MONEY WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING we mock women for being emotional but obviously we're way more easy to manipulate and tool around
>>
>>52046437
No its not,its the case in every field anywhere in the world.
Remember that these people are very good at making and maintaining social connections so don't be surprised when they land better job than yours.
>>
>>52046124
>She's part of some new team thats supposed to help more people get into tech or some shit
Oh boy
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.