[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought a i5 - 2500 (non k, used) for 90€ LGA 1155 mobo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 2500.jpg (111 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
2500.jpg
111 KB, 320x320
I just bought a i5 - 2500 (non k, used) for 90€
LGA 1155 mobo (new) for 50€
8Gb RAM (new) for 35€

Was the processor a good deal for such a setup?
Please consider that german ebay fucks you over with motherboard prices for older CPUs.
No name LGA775 or 1156 boards in a shit condition sell for 80€+ while 1155 can still be bought for an okay price NEW.

And I dont want to spend WAY more money on a shitty motherboard than the CPU. (Q6600 sitting at 20€ used)
>>
I’m so sorry.
>>
>>52041283
its fine the single core performance is better than my amd cpu
>>
>>52041306
2/10 bait.
>>
That's a decent computer for the money. I would suggest dumpster diving tho. You can get lucky and find some really nice hardware once in a while.

I found an AM3 board with a Phenom II x4 965 not too long ago, and my coworker found a complete system with an i7 3770. Earlier this year I found a dual socket server with two quad core CPUs and 16GB RAM.

Being in germany, you have a lot of immigrants to compete with tho. Many of them go dumpster diving several times a day. Breaks my hart to see the kind of hardware they ruin out of ignorance. Perfectly good motherboards and cases smashed to pieces just because they wanted the CPU.
>>
>>52041355
Considering that I live in the middle of nowhere dumpster diving is actually not possible.
Though because most people here bring their shitty PCs to me in order for me to fix them I can get a few spare parts for free most of the time.

My original plan before buying the 2500 was using the Q6600 + DDR2 RAM or the LGA 1156 i3 which I got for free to build the PC capable of gaming for my gf but looking at the motherboard prices you have to be fucking insane to pull this build off.

Thx for the responds, Im really glad I bought the CPU now.
>>
>>52041283
>90€
>50€
>35€

This is an American board on American servers. No one even understands what you're saying. Fuck off.
>>
>>52041430
>significant amount if not majority of traffic generated from countries outside the US
>Asian owner who cant even into english

Other than that:
>being to retarded to convert € into $ which is less work than making the comment
>being this retarded

Honestly, I didn't expect anything else from an uneducated, stupid American moron.
At least you got your freedums, so there's that.
>>
File: Capture.png (40 KB, 768x620) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
40 KB, 768x620
>>52041419
if it makes you fell better though my cpu is at 4.0ghz right now and 4.5 if i want a housefire
>>
>>52041513
My main rig is running a 3770k @4.5Ghz.

And as much as I'd love to have AMD back at the top (mainly because Nvidia and Intel wouldn't be jewing every last cent out of our pockets and maybe develop something that actually matters one day) I must say I'm glad I chose Intel for all 4 gaming and 2 work PCs me and my family/gf are using, looking at all the benchmarks.

Im sorry, m8. At least you can still feel the weight of a full-ish wallet while mine is empty again.
>>
>>52041671
my pc keeps me happy didnt go all out on cpu because
>zen
>>
A 15€ Nehalem Xeon will literally wreck your shit.
>>
>>52041430
Faggot
>>
>>52041719
>justwait.meme
Zen would give me no benefit when it comes to gaming compared to the OCd 3770k @ 1080p I fear.
All I want from Zen is not to ruin AMD because it seems like they cant take a lot of hits anymore.
>>
>>52041746
i just want ddr4 to be cheap and decent cpu power a i got my current cpu cheap as fuck
>>
>>52041731
>1366
>USED motherboards cost around 100€
I thought about this aswell but please consider that a CPU outlives a motherboard most of the time. Which means if the USED motherboard I needed to buy (for a higher price than the 2500) dies after a few months Ill be stuck with a totally useless (but cheap) CPU.
>>
>>52041787
fair enough.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.