[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /g/ think of e-ink readers? Worth? I've already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 9
File: kb-slate-04-lg._V324779290_.jpg (58 KB, 500x482) Image search: [Google]
kb-slate-04-lg._V324779290_.jpg
58 KB, 500x482
What does /g/ think of e-ink readers? Worth?

I've already got a small Kindle library that I've just been reading with my Android tablet, but I'm thinking of getting a Kindle Paperwhite for better outdoor reading and battery life.

I heard you can't turn off the backlight, though. Is that true, and wouldn't that kill the battery life?
>>
>>52039787
You should go for the kobo h2o model instead, if you don't want the waterproof feature just get the glo. Kobo tends to be cheaper and better for starting out, it's also way more open than the kindle
>>
>>52039871
Will that work with my Kindle books? And how is the Japanese text support?
>>
>>52039787
I really like the kobo aura, this thing's battery lasts forever and isn't that heavy at all.
Only downside is the somewhat sluggish interface.
>>
>>52039954
I'd imagine its great as its a Japanese product.
>>
>>52039954
If you're already in kindle's ecosystem, I'd say just stick with it. Paperwhite is good for reading in all settings and the battery life is still weeks.

You can switch to Kobo if you want though, they are good readers too.
>>
>>52039975
Oh, didn't realize that. Looks pretty nice.

How easy is it to strip DRM from Kobo books?
>>
>>52040070
I don't actually have one, but since it uses epub I imagine its extremely easy.
>>
I've got a Kobo and it changed my life. No aura, no waterproof feature, nothing. It has basically saved me thousands of dollars.

Of course, you could try and wait for those bigger-screen ones, but they're still kinda expensive at the moment.
>>
>>52042162
>It has basically saved me thousands of dollars.
Do you not have a library? Also, the kindle paperwhite could do the exact same shit unless you're implying....?!
>>
If I want the cheapest I can get and still get a good experience is the original Kindle (Touch) still a good deal at $80 CAD? The paperwhite is $140. I really don't give a shit about reading in the dark, I'm really thinking about the PPI
>>
Go and get your Kindle. I have the device three or five years ago and I can't complain about anything. What Amazon says what Kindle is, that's what you'll get. Personally, I love reading and buying my first eReader it's been amazing. I definitely recommend it. Pd. Battery life is great, a couple of weeks can last indeed.
>>
>>52042290
Can you compare with the Kobo?
>>
>>52042273
No I live in third world fuckistan and we have no money for stuff like libraries.

I didn't mean Kindles aren't good too, though I've never tested them, I just meant I love my Kobo
>>
>>52040070
epub doesn't have DRM (yet?)
>>
I have a Paperwhite and Aura H20.

The Aura has a bigger screen and microSD support, so it's pretty much the only option for manga reading if that's your thing.
The waterproof part is a gimmick really, because it relies on touch screen for changing pages, you can't actually use the fucking thing when its wet which is really annoying.

The Kindle devices are a lot faster, pages load quicker and everything is just snappier. But it's a locked down ecosystem and you're stuck with the onboard memory, which is fine for just ebooks.
I'd love to get a Kindle Voyage, but they aren't able to sell them in Canada due to retarded fucking reasons. Their waterproof feature would actually be useful from what I can tell, since they have hardware style like buttons for navigation.

Kobo you can load your own fonts in as well, so anything you want, you can just copy over the font file and it will use it.
Kindles have better backlighting, although the differences are negligible unless you're the biggest autistic fuck around.
>>
>>52042307
I thought most of them have Adobe DRM.
>>
which one do I get if I don't want some company tracking how I fuckin read
>>
>>52039787
I bought a Kindle Paperwhite a week ago and I love it. Watch some reviews on YT and decide. I went with Kindle because its fairly priced on my 3rd world country while the rest are severely overpriced.
>>
>>52042453
You should have gotten the voyage
>>
>>52042392
Old sony model, probably.
Or just don't connect to wifi.
>>
>>52042471
What's the real advantge of the Voyage? They have same screen size, resolution and storage space, while being a lot more expensive. I only read about some features that seemed useless and it was a bit lighter.
>>
I have the Kobo h20 and it's pretty great. If you're already in the Amazon ecosystem might as well get a kindle, I played around with the voyage and it seems really nice. I kind of wish my h20 was as light as it.
>>
My dad gave me his old Nook Color. I put some ebooks on it and its useful to have but I would not pay full price for one.
>>
>>52042285
On second thought the Kobo Touch 2.0 is essentially the same price but looks a lot nicer, supports more formats, etc. Anything else to consider at this budget? Otherwise I think I'll go with the kobo
>>
>>52042516
non recessed screen, auto dim, stand, easier to hold, lighter
>>
>>52042815
>>52042516
Waterproof, hardware buttons
>>
>>52039787
I have a paperwhite and I'm not sure if the backlight is actually off when the brightness is all the way down but the battery lasts ~2 weeks of mild use anyways
>>
I have been reading on an ebook a while ago. Kobo Aura HD with 1% backlight is godlike for reading in the dark.
>>
If I want to read ebook and mangas, what's the best option ? Buying the mangas and books is an option, but importing would of course be better.
>>
>>52042975
Kobo is the only option for manga, since it has microSD support. The bigger screen size is nice too, but you'll need one of the Aura models for the higher resolution to be able to read text well.
>>
File: IMG_20151225_013937777.jpg (677 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151225_013937777.jpg
677 KB, 1000x1333
>>52043240
>>
>>52039787
e-ink readers are a fucking godsend for long commutes

Go for Kobo if you don't plan to buy any books at all. Kobo's store are shit in comparison to Amazon, but their e-readers have more freedom. Their customer support is absolute crap though so I wouldn't advice going for the H2O (their most expensive e-reader) even though it'd be damn awesome to be able to read while it's snowing/drizzling.
>>
>>52043240
I tried reading manga on my Kobo Aura HD, but I wouldn't recommend it since e-readers are slow and 6.8" is still a bit small.

It works but they should get a tablet instead, same for pdfs (especially if they need to zoom in and drag around with those).

Fuck the touchscreen controls though, buttons need to come back so I can go forward and back with one hand. The touch control is also awkward, it occasionally ends up skipping a page with one touch.
>>
>>52044617
This. I love my Kobo, but it's a pain to try to read anything but ebook-formatted text on it. However, it does that very well.
>>
OP here. Just ordered the Kindle Paperwhite. Decided it wasn't worth messing with stripping DRM and converting and stuff so I went the easy route. Plus the Kindle is 2000 yen off right now which mostly negates the Kobo's price advantage. The Kobo does look pretty sweet, though. If I were autistic about fonts or read much manga, I'd definitely have gone for that instead.

Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>52044648
I wish there was a way to invert the colors though (like how it looks when it's switching pages) so it's white text on black instead so I can actually read in the dark with my eyes very relaxed.
>>
>>52044796
Disable backlight or set it to 1%, Kobo Aura HD can do that and probably other readers, too.
Inverting the colours wouldn't work as you expect it to. It makes full redraw only every few pages, otherwise you might see ghosting.
>>
>>52039954
You can rip DRM out of every single Amazon book using DeDRM plugin with Calibre. Yes, even out of rentals and trial rentals (though that requires commenting out 2 lines in a python file in the DeDRM plugin zip).

Then grab the KindleUnpack plugin to rip the actual books (mobi, epub, or PDF) out of Amazon's azw containers.

Now you can use your Amazon books everywhere and on nearly every device! I use this method for my Kobo Aura personally, since it reads mobi and epub files perfectly.
>>
File: foxmeal.jpg (110 KB, 650x798) Image search: [Google]
foxmeal.jpg
110 KB, 650x798
>All of these positive posts about e-readers
>Literally just ordered a kindle voyage the other day, my first e-reader.

aalll riigghtt!
>>
File: 1450582985832.png (979 KB, 1240x698) Image search: [Google]
1450582985832.png
979 KB, 1240x698
>>52043313
>not posting yaoi

what is wrong with you man?
>>
File: Muneatsu.jpg (657 KB, 1000x1797) Image search: [Google]
Muneatsu.jpg
657 KB, 1000x1797
>>52045254
>not muscle shota
>>
>>52039787

Bought a Kobo Touch 2.0 less than a week ago.

100% would do it again.
>>
>>52039787
>reading
top top kek OP, 8/10 i laughed very loudly
>>
File: 1425143140412.jpg (140 KB, 778x1018) Image search: [Google]
1425143140412.jpg
140 KB, 778x1018
e-Books are to books what vaping is to cigarettes
it's fucking cancer and you look like a retard using it.
get a fucking book at a thrift store for 50 cents jesus christ.
>buying a 100$+ device just so you can steal books and 'save' money
neo-/g/ everyone
>>
>>52039787
I didn't want to love e-readers but I do. I wanted to be a real book elitist but it's just so damn convenient and much easier to "borrow" books from the internet.
>>
>>52046068
>neo-/g/ everyone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5vz6iwV38U
>>
>>52046068
0/10
r u even tryna, sun?
>>
>>52046068
This, physical copies are cheap as shit.
>>
>>52039787
I got a paperwhite recently. Screen had a few annoying imperfections. Apparently this is common with new kindles.

Other than that it's nice.
>>
any cheap readers from aliexpress?
>>
>>52046068
>>52047535
retards
>>
Got kobo glo HD.

Great little reader. Would recommend. Battery lasts an eternity and comfy to read under a warm blanket with some some hot coco
>>
I had kindle voyager but lost in on plane, it was meh, I actually didnt like the glass.
Never tried any other readers but if you are going kindle way get paperwhite(2)
>>
Anyone know a good e-reader for graphic novels, manga and comics? All I can find is the Kindle Fire HD or whatever.
>>
IS a Blackberry passport worth buying as a tablet?
>>
>>52048125
Literally any Android tablet with a high PPI screen.
>>
>>52048159
No.
>>
worth it a lot, even got me into the habit of reading books. the screen is top quality too, looks better than paper. get it.
>>
>>52039787
>>52048067
Try to avoid the amazon readers if you can, theyre a one way road.
I myself got a kobo glo, i can feed it with downloaded ebooks through calibre and synch it with almost any shop i want, not only kobo. Have to register at kobo to "initialize" the reader though. Backlight can be shut off entirely

>>52048163
I prefer eInk, it doesnt get me instant eye cancer
>>
>>52044617
It's really only an issue if the manga has terribly small font. I've come across a few, but it's pretty rare that they can't be read with ease.
I would prefer a slightly bigger screen though.

I'm looking forward to the future of ebooks, since e-ink screens haven't been getting a lot better recently, with color and refresh rates being like 100x faster.

I hate the touch controls, very much. Make the entire selling point of the H20 pointless since you can't use the touch controls when the screen is wet. But there's so many copyrights and patents about touch buttons that there doesn't seem to be anything they can do about adding them.
>>
>>52048286
>I prefer eInk, it doesnt get me instant eye cancer
He was looking for something for graphic novels/comics. Otherwise yeah, e-ink is by far the best for plain text.
>>
>>52048125
>Fire

I have a fire HD and it's great. I use it as a regular tablet, ebook and manga reader. Does basically everything I want.
>>
>>52045999
I'm considering it. Is the Glo HD not a much better deal tho? I could stretch my budget a bit to get it, so idk
>>
>>52049182
I have a Glo HD and it's nice, but:

>top and bottom margins are fucked so I have to fuck with every single file in calibre to get my shit centered
>pain in the ass to get calibre set up to transfer and organize files in a way that they'll be logically organized in the ereader
>backlight can be controlled within a book by sliding up and down the far left margin and is incredibly unresponsive and sometimes is triggered by just brushing it
>sometimes takes a while to recognize a next page tap
>sometimes goes a page back instead of forward
>sometimes skips 2 pages

But this is all on the launch firmware. It's an alright reader.
>>
>>52049182
They're all great, the higher end e-readers are fantastic because crisp text is absolutely beautiful. The lower-end e-readers also do the job very well for cheap.

Check out the store models and see if the higher DPI is worth it to you. It's not like the low end e-readers are barely legible by any means, people still love using their old e-readers because of the buttons.

The e-readers occasionally go for $10-$20 off as well if you want to get a better deal, but even without that discount, the value you get from them is way more than even the hefty $200 you'll drop for a Kindle Voyage.

Also, I assume you'll just download books since you're going with Kobo and not Kindle. Have this handy.
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/
>>
File: 5bc.png (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
5bc.png
35 KB, 625x626
>>52046068
Sure, I do this, but sometimes you don't want to go thrift store hunting to find a very specific, out of print, rare book. I'll take a physical book over an ebook 9 times out of 10, but I love my Kobo for when that's just not convenient.
>>
>>52049547
honestly, I wouldn't have gotten into reading in the first place so much if I didn't have this convenience of getting the books.
>>
>>52039787
Kindle + Duokan is the way
>>
>>52042343
under rated post
>>
Why would someone get any kind of e reader instead of a regular android tablet?
>>
>>52050188
Smaller and way more battery efficient if you get the older black and white with no feature creep ones.
>>
>>52050450
even with the front light (you never need it at high levels), the battery lasts practically forever
>>
>>52049434
Is it worth the extra over the touch 2.0 is the q
>>
>>52050641
My old ass kindle is insane, it can be on blinking "about to die please charge me" for weeks of heavy reading.

Like I may charge it 3 times a year.
>>
I got a paperwhite a year ago as a gift and I love it. Got all my (pirated) books in Calibre and they work fine.
>>
>>52046413
Are you me? I wanted to be a cool guy reading books everywhere but fuck this, e-readers are like another world of convenience.
>>
>>52051220
Or rather, is it more worth getting the touch 2.0 and a nice case or the Glo HD and no case
>>
>>52052192
A case is only $10 off ebay/amazon, don't bother with the overpriced official covers
>>
>>52039787
How do these things compare to PC screens in brightness and ability to read? There are a lot of books I still want to read but no money to buy them, while I like to also have them physically they are just too many, I've trained reading the PDFs on my desktop/notebook but it just makes me very tired and it's kind of hard despite being exposed to my PC for hours daily.
>>
>>52048017
You can a new one from amazon for that, though. Mine had a lot of annoying pencil mark-like scratches and amazon gave me a new one after I contacted support
>>
>>52052437
It doesn't really compare at all. An e-ink is very much like paper, only it reflects a teeny bit less light, so you need good lighting. It's great for reading outside or in brightly lit rooms
>>
>>52052857
Nice, thanks, I might get one of those.
>>
>>52039787
I got the kobo glo hd last night. Perfect except for two reasons
>difficult to set up cloud storage for epubs
>chess and other games no longer available
but the light, screen, and ereader itself are 10/10
if you dont mind using calibre and adding new books every once in a while instead of having instant access to every book ever then it's great. solid 9/10 device, especially since mine came with a dope af thin leather cover
>>
>>52039954
yes, if you use calibre, which youd be using anyway to sideload books to the kobo, then you can put amazon books on just as easily as any downloaded epub. same goes for google books once you extract the epub using ADE from the .ascm
>>
>>52049616
>Duokan
cool, my next e-reader will probably be a Kindle now
>>
>>52052294
I won't, but even so it's kinda pushing my budget... I think I'll still go for the Glo HD, it looks like a great deal ($120 CAD vs $140 for the Paperwhite)
>>
>>52039975
nice troll. Kobo is a Canadian company.
>>
>>52039787
Are they due for a new Kindle Paperwhite soon? I hate the angular back.
>>
Is Kobo touch n905 good for first ereader? I usually read paper books but they are expensive, and my friend's kindle looks sweet.
>>
>>52054322
They just released a new one recently, so probably not any time soon.

I use a cover anyway, so whatever.
>>
Paperwhite 3 is great.
>>
the only thing that makes them worth it is the extremely long battery life
Just get the cheapest one you can find that qualifies as good
>>
Just ordered the new Paperwhite off Amazon last night, only £79.99
>>
Since i have my book library on google play book, is there an e-reader wich can sync with that? I'm now using my ipad mini, but i would like a smaller e-reader that i can carry in a pocket, maybe 5-6"
>>
>>52055975
no, you have to manually download and sync with Calibre
>>
>>52054260
It's owned by Rakuten now, a Japanese company.
>>
>>52043240
How's the ghosting on the Kobo Glo HD? I'd like to buy one for this and replace my old Kindle Touch as the ghosting in it is pretty bad and it doesn't have a frontlight.
>>
>>52055878
Is paperwhite3 the latest one? I hate amazon naming convention
*all brand new paperwhite*
>>
>>52039787
I was just thinking about getting one (ppl are selling their christmas present atm so good deals available). But I do not want to be chained to a specific book store/format and it seems the amazon ones do that. I want to be able to put my own pdf on the device. Which one would you advice ? (I usually like Sony products btw so I was thinking about a PRS)
>>
>>52058226
For pdfs you need proper tablet
>>
>>52058067
The Paperwhite 3 is the 300 PPI model and is the latest.
>>
I've been thinking about getting the Sony 13.3" digital paper for note taking and pdf reading. The only problem is its kind of pricey for an eReader.
>>
>>52058244
Damn I really prefer the screen of these e-readers, it does not hurt the eyes like a tablet. None of them let you transfer pdf files on it ? Thats sad :(
>>
>>52046068
>>
>>52058321
They will but they dont render them very well. If its scanned pdf/pictures then expect not able to see half the text because color conversion fails badly and similar artefacts.
For pdfs older ipad is perfect. If you dont mind sprending money get new ipad or something like tab s2 with oled screen
>>
>>52058041
I don't have a Glo HD, but an Aura H20, I'd assume they're using the same technology in them both though. Most of the ghosting is negligible as long as you set it to full refresh every page, and are viewing mostly white backgrounds.
On full screen black images, the ghosting is definitely visible and can sometimes be annoying, but out of the hundreds of Manga I've read, I don't come across a lot of full black pages anyways.

Full page refreshes every page and all the detail of manga means the already slower Kobo devices are slowed down even more, and it drains battery life 100x faster. It'll still get you through a day or two of reading, but it's not a recharge 3 times a year thing like ebooks are. At least Kobo's can turn off the backlight though.
>>
>>52058309
PDF reading is shit tier on e-Readers right now, even on that 13.3" guy. Not worth it, might as well buy a Surface Pro 3 for the same price and get an infinitely better product for those two tasks.
>>
>>52058041
Non existent. The glo hd uses a next gen screen
>>
>>52058041
Upon looking at reviews of the Glo HD, they don't have microSD card slots, so if you had any intention of reading Manga, skip it. Unless you don't mind only being able to hold 1 - 2 series at a time, since the 4GB fills up very fast.
>>
>>52059371
Tablets are hard on my eyes. I'd rather read from the e-ink than a tablet screen. The 13.3" digital paper is the only eReader that does pdf decent enough to use.
>>
>>52059520
Use f.lux then, you'll be 100x happier with a tablet than an ereader for pdf support. It would literally take you all day just to flip through and load all the pages of a pdf textbook on an ereader, they're extremely slow, and the rendering is awful. It's usually a crapshoot if it turns out in a format that actually fits and fills the screen properly.
It's just not worth spending THAT much on something that is so mixed on performance.

If you don't need it for something like school asap, I'd just wait on the next generation of e-readers to come out, new e-ink displays are pretty damn awesome and I can only assume they'll be making their way to e-readers next generation.
>>
Kobo Glo HD vs Kindle Paperwhite final call -- is the kobo HD just superior in every way?
>>
>>52059570
If Duokan OS actually works well, I'd go with the Paperwhite.
The Kindle performance is literally twice as fast as the Kobos and just makes it feel nicer to use.
>>
>>52059567

Modern e-readers are pretty fast with rendering. You can no longer hit next page halfwaythrough the current and have time to finish it.

But still, .pdf comes outpretty shit on anything but the big Sony e-reader which isn't sold in the states nd costs $800.
>>
>>52059570
Yes
You can't turn off the paperwhite front light
>>
>>52059663

And it is a terrible blotchy mess.

I regretted mine so much I replaced it.
>>
>>52059338
>>52058041
I am mistaken, I just checked my H20 after remembering it updated at some point and reinstalled the OS, and noticed the page refresh was reset back to 6 pages.

Retesting, ghosting is negligible even on full black screens as well.
>>
>>52059649
Unless I just don't remember the speed of my Aura H20 when it didn't have 30GB of Manga on it at any given time, there is lots of lag in page turning, a good second at least, and it can easily get overwhelmed and slow right down.
Just sliding up the brightness and back down, followed by a page turn will sometimes just wait for me to finish pushing things and then start changing brightness and changing pages.

I wont rule out that it just gets slowed down from SD cards and huge files even when reading epub books, I just know my Paperwhite is way faster and changes pages as fast as I tap the screen.
>>
>>52059663

You can't turn off the Glo's light either tho?
>>
>>52061623
No, you can turn it off on the Glo
>>
>>52061852

Hmm not what I've read online... Are you sure you're not just turning it down so low you can't tell it's still on? Everywhere I've read says you can't turn it off on it either...
>>
Question for my fellow weebs: what is a typical file size for a volume of manga if you buy it from the Kindle store? Trying to judge how much manga I could actually fit on a Paperwhite if I got one.
>>
>>52061900
As far as I can tell it's all the way off. Can't see any light being emitted in a dark room with the backlight at 0%.
>>
>>52061900
The Glo literally has a button that turns it on and off
>>
>>52039871

Isn't Glo the Aura HD just with more bloat added? I've had an Aura HD since it came out, it's really good, but if it were slower I'd not be happy. It takes a while to turn on already. I've seen the paperwhite, a guy I sat next to on the bus had one, we ended up talking about our ebooks and we did head to head dick measuring. I'm happy being out of Amazon's long claws, but I think the paperwhite might be a better device.
>>
>>52042285
>I really don't give a shit about reading in the dark

It's not just reading in the dark, you'd be surprised how often that backlight comes in handy. Assuming https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_e-book_readers is correct, you've got a few 300ppi devices. The Aura HD I've got has 265ppi and I can't "see the pixels".
>>
>>52042392

Don't use WIFI? Failing that, wipe it before you connect to WIFI for firmware upgrades etc.
>>
>>52042598
>Nook Colour
>Operating system Android 2.2 custom (software update - ver 1.4.3 [06/20/2012])
CPU 800 MHz ARM Cortex-A8-based TI OMAP3621[1]
Memory 512 MB
Storage 8 GB internal
32 GB max via microSD
Display 7-inch 1024 x 600 px WSVGA IPS LCD at 170 ppi
Graphics PowerVR SGX 530
Input Capacitive multitouch screen with side volume, Nook Home, and power button

Dude, you can't even compare that old piece of shit to these new e-ink readers. Have you tried/seen one?
>>
>>52042813
>167 PPI

Get a second hand one with a higher PPI. I see people selling brand new ones 30-50% off because they didn't research what they bought. People get 'em for christmas as well, pay attention to your local craigslist equivalent.
>>
>>52039787
worth it for the manga

>>52067737
>new e-ink readers
>with no sd card slots and 500mb usable storage
>>
>>52044617
>Fuck the touchscreen controls though, buttons need to come back so I can go forward and back with one hand. The touch control is also awkward, it occasionally ends up skipping a page with one touch.

I don't have that problem (sounds like PEBCAK), but I wouldn't mind buttons on it.
>>
>>52044791
>. Decided it wasn't worth messing with stripping DRM and converting and stuff so I went the easy route.

Literally involves having a piece of software installed on your putar and clicking a couple of buttons.
>>
>>52067760
>>new e-ink readers
>>with no sd card slots and 500mb usable storage

Every goddamn Kobo model has a microSD card reader and 4 GBs of storage, you fucking plebian luddite.
>>
>>52067828
the Glo has one sure, but it's internal and afaik you can't boot without the original card and unmodified contents. Tell me if you have updates on that though.

I just got an older kobo.
>>
>>52065298
>>52065287

Well fuck me then I stand corrected

That's pretty sweet
>>
>>52067695
Don't you need to set up an account on first start?
>>
>>52067737
I'm still rocking a 2010 kindle keyboard, 600x800. It's objectively better for reading than a current Nexus 7. The 7 is objectively better than the old nook color. I guess the nook color is better than reading on a ti calculator though....
>>
Give me an e-ink reader that uses Google Play Books PLEASE. This is all I'm asking for
>>
>>52068295
That would actually be sick as fuck, I'd buy that so hard
>>
>>52068295
Nook is compatible with them by default. However literally anything works if you download them then extract the epub using Adobe Digital Editions.
>>
>>52068610
Are you talking about the older Nook models? And what do you mean by the second sentence?
>>
>>52068969
I mean in your Google play library you can click on the corner of any book and select "download epub". This will give you a ".ASCM" file which, if opened using Adobe Digital Editions, will give you an epub that can be read by any machine
>>
>>52069153
Whoa, I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>52045642
okay that is highly entertaining.

>tfw you'll never have an older muscle bro to admire and worship, who'll later fuck you against the kitchen top in a fit of passion
>>
Will there ever be an e-ink reader larger than kobo aura? I would like to read manga.
>>
>>52062793
Dunno bout sizes from the kindle store but berserk's 14th volume is 55mb when converted from mobi through KCC, when the original file size was 120mb
>>
>>52067863

Well fuck, I looked it up, that's pretty jewy. You can clone the card and put in a bigger, but that's definitely not the same as a card reader. Seems like a bizarre design choice, I can't imagine they've made big savings on that. Retarded.

>>52067897

Entirely possible/likely, I can't remember, but there's no verification of you being a real person. Dick Butt reads books, I'm sure.

>>52068295

The wiki list doesn't specify what kind of OS they're running, but I know a couple of ereaders with Google Books; iRiver Story HD, the Onyx BOOX T68, Afterglow and M96, and Nook Simple Touch. It doesn't seem like that's been a big selling point for ereaders.
>>
File: Untitled-111[1].png (412 KB, 993x550) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-111[1].png
412 KB, 993x550
This device though, muh dick.

https://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-DPTS1/?PID=I:digitalpaper:digitalpaperproductpage
>>
>>52071566
I want to read manga on this and I don't even read manga
>>
>>52072107

It's only 800 to 1000 dollaryroos, perfect for reading cartoons.
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.