[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I saw some small speaker in a shop today and I am about to get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1450673751515.jpg (119 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1450673751515.jpg
119 KB, 480x640
I saw some small speaker in a shop today and I am about to get tempted.
The item I saw was a "Bose Companion 2 Series III".
I'm not an audiophile or anything, I just want a clear sound that I can get by plugging some small speakers into the jack of my laptop.
I don't need a bunch of setup I don't know what to do with.

Now, I am conscious that if I get these Bose, I am paying for the brand. So, I am hereby asking /g/ what can be the alternative of this specific speaker.
Please, not something too dank since I'd like to be able to find a shop downtown where I would actually listen to the product before buying it on wherever it is the cheapest online.
>>
File: cable.jpg (28 KB, 510x342) Image search: [Google]
cable.jpg
28 KB, 510x342
Nothing compares to the crisp highs, the thoughtful mids and the penitent lows of Bose, anon. You get what you pay for.

When you buy them, pick up a set of cable pebbles while you're there, they really help to define the soundspace. Not even fucking right now, get them.
>>
>>52039466
garbage.
buy a proper preamp amp and bookshelf speakers.
>>
Don't fall for the bose is marketing meme.
They're one of the best non-audiopaedo brands.
>>
>>52039466

>parents buy bose only throught the years never thought much of it
>they bought a model back in 93 when I was 2
>moved with us everywhere
>great sound
>the receiver finally broke in 2008
>they give them a call
"we dont make that model anymore, but you can put up a replacment"
>parents get a brand new system

People can say what they want about them being garbage, it was pretty cool what they did.
>>
>>52039570
Why would they replace a 15 year old system? Sounds like complete bullshit to me.
>>
>>52039507
>pick up a set of cable pebbles
> they really help to define the soundspace
Hum... Is that some audiophile meme I don't know?

>>52039525
I wouldn't know how to tune it. As I said, I want to quickly have it working. Too busy fixing Arch.

>>52039526
But I'm not an audiophile and I don't have the motivation to learn a new hobby from scratch.

>>52039570
That's some strong shilling right there. But 2bh man, I won't call Bose if I happen to buy this speaker and should it break in 2031.
>>
>>52039570
>15 year old sound system break
>let's try and get a new one for free
Fucking jews, man.
>>
>>52039823
Yes I know that, bose is pretty expensive but it's not audiophile expensive. So you're not paying extra for 8000+khz, and for bass that actually blurs your vision and highs that scratch your eardrums.
>>
>>52039823
>tune it
what
i mean yeah, positioning is important, but it's not *that* hard. And choosing right amp for right speakers is super easy, basically as long as ohmage matches, it'll work. So don't be afraid of small proper wooden two-way speakers, it'll probably be better in every way possible.

although i'm not this guy and i understand if you feel like buying generic low-end consumer tier audio equipment - i mean i disagree, but i can understand the appeal.
>>
File: cute anime pic 0053.png (60 KB, 414x414) Image search: [Google]
cute anime pic 0053.png
60 KB, 414x414
>Bose
>>
>>52039900
In all honesty, this is not what I seek. Just want some clear sound. Not like the one I can hear from my laptop's speakers.
I happen to saw this Bose stuff and I got impressed by it. I was just wondering if I can find the same quality provided by another brand I don't have to pay for it's name.

Like, if it was a laptop, I don't want to pay extra for not having the ram sold as I wouldn't even open the computer.

I'd like a "facebook machine" for ears.

>>52040025
The purpose is to have it on my desk, close to the laptop. Some time in the kitchen ad I cook or clean the dishes.
I think I wouldn't even notice the improvement so I'll settle with the cheapest solution.
>>
>>52040079
Ow, I thought you wanted to get the bose but are hesitating as you think it's overpriced. If you just want a clear sound at a low price, and not something that has 99% accurate reproduction or whatever but costs €350, you could probably get something like these http://m.creative.com/ie/p/speakers/848/sbs-a60 cheap, but pretty amazing.
>>
>>52040218
Did a little google, newegg seems to sell them.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.