[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which company makes the best AMD GPUs? I'm looking to pick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
Which company makes the best AMD GPUs? I'm looking to pick up a 390.
>>
>>52034704
>390/290 rebrandeon
>>
Powercolour and Sapphire?
>>
Sapphire
>>
>>52034704
pick sapphire
only had problem with powercolor
>>
>>52034704
Had saphhires for years always had to rma, go with PowerColor
>>
>>52034704
Buy an Intel Xeon Phi!
It's a very fast gpu and often used in supercomputers!
>>
>>52034704
MSI > Sapphire > Gigabyte > ASUS > whoeverelse > Powercolor
>>
>>52036620
Msi first? Why? Asus is better that msi now.
>>
>>52034704
PCS+
Sapphire
MSI

Avoid Gigabyte.
>>
>>52034704
Sapphire outsources their customer service, but they make the best cards. Sapphire 390 is only 2 slots (and looks cleaner to me) as well. Powercolor has a full cover for watercooling available to it while Sapphire only has a semi-cover, but stock cooling they're about the same. Sapphire also has the higher base clock and people have had trouble OCing Powercolor's any higher.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1561704/official-amd-r9-390-390x-owners-club

>>52036620
MSI has higher temps and is louder than either of the 3 fan versions.
>>
>>52036658
ASUS are terrible.
>>
>>52036762
Direct cu iii is great?
>>
>>52036658
Asus pretty much stuck a Nvidia card cooler on an AMD card without considering the higher temps. It simply isn't good at cooling the 290(X).
>>
File: Screenshot_20151224-161459.png (824 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20151224-161459.png
824 KB, 1440x2560
>>52034704
Only cücks buy sapphire.

Get MSI if you want a good card with good warranty.

XFX if you want a decent card with amazing warranty.
>>
>>52034756
>>52034719
i have Power C and its bretty good gonna admit
>>
>>52036682
>PCS+

Is that shit actually good for how fucking huge it is?
>>
>>52037009
It's huge, pretty cool and pretty quiet. Also it's cheap.
>>
>>52037025
Someone around here is selling one sealed for a pretty good price. It's tempting me. That's one big cooler though.
>>
>>52036853
Wow that's crazy. Sapphire's policy and CS really sucks. Further into the thread it seems that even if you void the warranty by changing out the cooler (i.e watercooling) you can't even pay for repairs if you break the card. The XFX has a louder sound profile and higher temps than the Sapphire card though.

And I have a Define S so I wanted to actually use the space, but damn. I may have grabbed the PCS+ in this case.
>>
>>52034704
The 390 is the best price/performance card right now.

But we are hitting 2016 soon, I would recommend you to wait for Pascal to drop around mid/3qt 2016.

The next GPUs wil be a huge increase.
>>
>>52037408
They'll have great performance per watt, but who knows how much actual increase in game performance. And they might be really expensive especially if AMD can't get anything out in 2016.

Not sure if it's worth waiting 6 months or more just to see.
>>
>>52037520
I would recommed him to buy a R9 280x and wait for the new generation. Personally for me it's not worth to buy it so close to the new GPU lineup.

But it's his decision and I understand your aproach.
>>
>>52037408
>Pascal
kek no, wait for 14nm Arctic Islands/Greenland

Pascal will be NVIDIA's Skylake
>>
>>52037603
BENDY
>>
I would like to wait for new gen but after getting a 2560x1440 monitor this 270x just doesn't cut it.
>>
FWIW I had a shit experience with an MSi board and left a negative review on newegg (not filled with cussing, niggers, etc. just an honest post).

About a day later someone from MSi not only responded to my post to make me look stupid, but EDITED my shit to further dumb down what I had even said. They chopped the explanation parts and made it look like I was just some poorfag that was having issues because I didn't buy a higher end board (which wasn't the case, the specific board WAS the "best" at the time). It went from a complete paragraph to, "Can't over clock it, don't recommend."

Because of this, I personally will never buy from MSi again and newegg has a strike in my book as well.
>>
>>52034704
I picked up a Power Color one, it's one of the cheapest ones and it works fantastic.
>>
>>52034704
Nvidia
>>
Sapphire is garbage if you ever have to RMA, as you're redirected to some shithouse 3rd-party called Athlon Micro that charges you both for shipping AND card replacement, assuming they don't deny you an RMA for trivial shit like changing the thermal paste
>>
>>52037408
>pascal
>implying nvidia wont jew you out by pricing the card at 600+ $

lmao
>>
Sapphire = MSI > Powercolor > Asus for the 300 series.
>>
>get xfx
>review says "no noise"
>incredibly annoying whiney hum audible from several feet away emanates from the fans

And that's how I discovered most graphics card reviewers are deaf!
>>
>>52034704
Have the ASUS Strix OC Version. It runs realy well and isn't loud. Gets rather warm though, other than that it's more than fine.

It's a bit pricey though.
>>
>>52041210
Yeah, I don't get it. I've never had a high end card that wasn't quite loud when reviewers said they'd be fairly quiet.
>>
>>52043045
>I've never had a high end card that wasn't quite loud when reviewers said they'd be fairly quiet.

Maybe they had cases that had sound dampening, like a Fractal R4. You can't hear shit except when fans go 80-100%
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.