[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /g/entoomen, noob here. i'm trying to makr this wo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Stacie.png (335 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
Stacie.png
335 KB, 500x450
hey /g/entoomen, noob here.

i'm trying to makr this work but it seem that i'm missing somthing.

github.com/sminnee/tweetmeter

can you help me pls
>>
>>52034287
anyone, pls
>>
>>52034287
You know Twitter has an API, right?
>>
>>52034693
humm...okay
i just want to make this work : tweet-stats.herokuapp.com
>>
>>52034287
people here don't' know how to program, go to your local usergroup
>>
>>52034823
go to the twitter API and base it on that. It will make it easier for you
>>
>>52034870
i can't code, dude
>>
>>52034912
>>52034823

>i want this to work
>i can't code

Learn how to code then? There is also a very straight forward guide on how to get this setup. If you can't follow this, then this kind of thing is just not for you.

https://blog.pusher.com/realtime-tweet-statistics-pusher/
>>
>>52034983
i'm on windows tho
>>
>>52035181
And you can't figure out how to dual-boot?

You seem like the type that needs to have his hand held for everything. I give up.
>>
she's perf
>>
File: 1442014998824.png (112 KB, 297x282) Image search: [Google]
1442014998824.png
112 KB, 297x282
>>52035262
i'm on a tablet.
i wouldn't be able to install linux even if i wanted to
>>
>>52034912
Brother, you can learn. This is a great beginner project although PHP is one hell of a language. What are you trying to do? Trying to get the https://github.com/sminnee/tweetmeter to run on your server?

I looked at tweet-stats.herokuapp.com and it seems to be working for me... what is the problem exactly?
>>
File: verbal kint.gif (1 MB, 268x268) Image search: [Google]
verbal kint.gif
1 MB, 268x268
>>52035325
>Trying to get the https://github.com/sminnee/tweetmeter to run on your server?

i don't have a server nor a website, i just want that thing to run on my laptop using my keywords.

i don't care what language it is as long as the result is the same could be a web page, java software or an exe.
>>
>>52035181
You will have a much easier time on linux, try it on a machine where you can install linux.
>>
>>52035366
i just need to monitor the activity of some keywords
>>
>>52035366
>>52035303
Whoops, my mistake, for a second I thought I was on a discussion board where people are somewhat competent and know how to use Google.
>>
>>52035366
>i just want that thing to run on my laptop using my keywords.

Oh... well, you first need to set up a server. On Windows that would be a MAMP (Microsoft, Apache, MySQL, PHP) server. there are places that show you how to do this pretty automatically. And then you can set up this webapp to run locally on your laptop as a webpage. The reason you need a server is because you need something to interpret the PHP code as a webpage. But you can use a normal computer as a server. What you are trying to do is possible, but require some work to do. It's not a very easy thing to do if you have not done similar stuff before. But you possibly CAN do it, if you set up a MAMP server, and follow the guide here: https://blog.pusher.com/realtime-tweet-statistics-pusher/ . It's not a normal program, it's a webapp, so a server is necessary if you want to run it locally.
>>
>>52035444
thanks for the advises, m8
i appreciate.

i wish there was an already made app or website for that.
>>
File: 220px-TaylorSwiftApr09.jpg (18 KB, 220x330) Image search: [Google]
220px-TaylorSwiftApr09.jpg
18 KB, 220x330
>>52034287
bamp for Santa
>>
>>52035611
It can be done if anyone is up for it. but there are many twitter analytics apps online. just google
>>
>>52037859
already lurked, they're either non-free (also expensive) or don't do what i'm looking for
>>
bump for christmas present
>>
>>52035444
Alternatively you could build something in python that pulls from the API and sends text to one of those windows rainmeter widget things. I don't use Windows, but it isn't like they'd go full retard and not make this easy.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.