[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cage nuts: Do you install them with the wings vertical or horizontal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 11544412.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
11544412.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
Cage nuts: Do you install them with the wings vertical or horizontal?

Cisco says you install them horizontal.
HP says you install them vertical.

What is the right answer?
>>
Doesn't matter as long as you stick to one orientation for the whole rack.
>>
xserve is the answer
>>
Vertical is easier to use a screwdriver to remove the little basrards.
>>
Horizontal
>>
>>52030189
Horizontal, with the wings facing towards you.
>>
Vertical is the best
>>
Always vertical myself, and always seen them done vertically. Mostly because >>52030693
>>
>>52030216
Nice bait!
>>
>>52030189
Depends on the Rack orientation.
If your going full cisco go Horizontal.
If your going full HP go Vertical.
>>
From top to bottom, per appliance:
>Horizontal
>Vertical
>Horizontal

That's how I do it.
>>
>>52031020
>Swapping orientation

You're a monster, sir
>>
>>52031081
Why thank you.
>>
>>52030189
what is this senpai?
>>
Diagonal, forming a big swastika
>>
File: 55-681_01.jpg (77 KB, 1600x813) Image search: [Google]
55-681_01.jpg
77 KB, 1600x813
>>52030189

Horizontal - otherwise the wings from adjacent nuts interfere with each other.

Also - use one of these (cage nut tool). No more using your fingers / screwdriver / stabbing yourself. Let physics do the work for you. You put one wing in, put the tool in on the other side - and pull toward you. I keep one of these in my bag.

If you are mechanically inclined - you can make one out of an old PC case slot cover as well.
>>
>>52030765

I actually prefer horizontal, especially if its already a crowded rack.

If I don't have a tool, I'll hook the outside cage tab onto the rail, then press in the inside tab in with a screwdriver. Equipment above or below can interfere with tools otherwise.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.