[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LINUX??!!??!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: j2fw4wlugaueaq.png (226 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
j2fw4wlugaueaq.png
226 KB, 1680x1050
Convince me why I should throw away my Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64bit for a Arch Linux 64 Bit

For me Arch Linux:

Pro: Customizable, i3wm (default)
Con: Sudo Pacman -S
>>
>Con: sudo Pacman -S

Is this just a meme or does this actually fucl with people's build?
>>
I see nothing wrong with pacman
>>
OP here

Not saying anything is wrong with Sudo pacman -s but im saying debian sudo apt-get install is easier to install apps with
>>
File: 1448810615668.jpg (36 KB, 600x754) Image search: [Google]
1448810615668.jpg
36 KB, 600x754
>>52030389
is this bait.
discernment.
DO what is good not what is easy.
>>
So I guess the Christmas break has started
>>
>>52030275
I love pacman, it's one of the few things i miss from arch
>>
>>52030389
did you know that pacman = apt-get + dpkg

pacman is more of a "complete" packaging system, whereas apt-get fills in the features that dpkg doesn't provide.
>>
>>52029902
install gentoo, portage is the best package manager there is, by far.
>>
File: cucmbermasterrace.png (384 KB, 1045x1500) Image search: [Google]
cucmbermasterrace.png
384 KB, 1045x1500
>>52030389
nice b8 m8
>>
>>52029902
>pacman
>con
>>
>>52030389
Your bait is bad, OP.
>>
>>52030389
but it's apt install now
>>
>>52029902
>Not using aliases.
What are you a scrub?
>>
File: Bridget (71).jpg (132 KB, 590x942) Image search: [Google]
Bridget (71).jpg
132 KB, 590x942
>>52030389
>apps

This tier of bait.
Absolutly disgusting.
>>
>>52029902
post the content of goat.py .. I wanna read the rest
>>
>Sudo pacman -s
>apt-get + dpkg
>Sudo Pacman -S
>sudo visudo
>apt get install shit

Why THE FUCK I need this loonix shit just to install something in fukkin linuxshit?
WHY?

FUCK OFF!
>>
>>52032041
sudo visudo su sudo yaourt -S sudo
>>
You should only ever switch from Ubuntu to Arch if you enjoy cutting / self harm; or if you wear one of those things with spikes on it like Silas in the Davinci Code.
>>
>>52029902
Arch is fine if you have time and inclination to build your OS the way you want it.
Trouble is, you have to resist the urge to be a smug, superior insufferable bore.

inb4 the 'you can't install arch' meme
Yes I can you fags.
>>
>>52029902
Oh my fucking god you people are literal retards.

It's all the FUCKING SAME.

You can do LITERALLY the same shit on ANY distro. Stop being such a fucking retard and do some research on how linux works and what exactly distros are.

Fucking newfags.
>>
>>52029902
Ubuntu = Maintained by a professional company with dedicated developing team, most recognized Linux distro, most supported by games and proprietary software like Steam

Arch = Developed and maintained by mentally handicapped basement dwellers. A volatile system that is tedious to install and maintain because the developers are autistic.

hm.... tough choice OP
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.