[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna upgrade my GPU and monitor for some 144hz on a WQHD display.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1256349636400.jpg (106 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
1256349636400.jpg
106 KB, 704x396
I wanna upgrade my GPU and monitor for some 144hz on a WQHD display.

Is now a decent time to spend my money? I'm conscious of the fact that a GPU refresh is coming sometime next year. Should I hold out for like 6 months?

If I do buy now is the gsync/freesync meme worth it? I like the look of the Eizo FS2735 but I'm not sold on getting a compatible AMD card over an Nvidia.
>>
p-please respond
>>
>>52029183
gaymen hardware should be on /v/, not /g/

>/g/ is for the discussion of technology and related topics.
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
>>
Buy a PS4. 90% of games don't look discernibly better due to console optimisation and the fact the tailor the game to terrible console specs, plus playing on a dedicated gaming device rather than hunched over a keyboard and mouse is worth it.

PCs are only for work and browsing, gaming on one is fucking stupid.
>>
>>52028880
gsync/freesync is fantastic but there are few good monitors
>>
>>52029228
PS4 is great if you'd like to pay 30 bucks or more for games. Just look at the Steam winter sale, even recent games are 60% off.
>>
>>52029228
PS4 has one good game presently, a number of the games I like playing are PC exclusives.
>>
>>52028880
There also will be new cards in 2017, and 2018. Why not wait forever? I've still got a 290X, it's still going strong.

I got my Eizo Foris FS2735 on Monday.
My old setup was dual WQHD. S27A850 and a QX2710, both PLS, the latter overclocked to 120Hz. And so I feared the Eizo wouldn't be much of an upgrade.
But damn I was in for a surprise. An image, crisper than anything I've ever seen, contrast and colours are out of this world, and despite the 0.8ms display lag and 120Hz on the Korean, which was already an amazing upgrade over the Samsung (25ms, 60Hz), I've had to learn to aim yet again. I went from slightly leading shots to having to aim directly as moving targets, which is proof enough for me that there is almost zero delay between the image I see and the image that 'is'.

tl;dr: Eizo Foris FS2735 destroys every other display on the market right now.
>>
>>52029202
>Implying GPU's and monitors aren't technology.
>Still, go to >>/v/
>>
>>52028880
>>52029480

hold out, there is going to be a fairly massive die shrink that will bring higher end preformance at a lower price, and depending on when amd's cpu comes out, true 8 core mainstream prices and if its good, will force intel to stop jewing us.

>>52029283
it has 1 must play game, and a few decent ones if you already have the hardware, when i buy a console i demand at least 10 system sellers or its not worth the cost.
>>
>>52029679
>hold out
Yeah, people have been saying that since spring. It'll take another 6-9 month until those cards are on the market, particularly the aftermarket models, which are the only ones you want to buy. Save that as an upgrade for next Christmas, and get what you need now.
>>
Just get the asus or the benq for like €290
>>
>>52029879
unless your computer is literally shitting out on you, there is no reason to upgrade, turn some settings down in games or hold off on playing the few that require a better cpu/gpu till than, by then there will be a sale so you get the games for cheaper.

but now is a horrible fucking time to get a new cpu or gpu as intel is jewing you and the next gpu will make a 980ti performance high mid to low high end.
>>
>>52030866
I agree on the CPU side of things, but now is not a bad time to buy a GPU, unless you plan on using it for at least three years. You're expecting too much of a change.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.