[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
non-"botnet" phones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: felooffnkml3asjwuzal.jpg (228 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
felooffnkml3asjwuzal.jpg
228 KB, 636x358
non-"botnet" phones?
>>
None exist now fuck off
>>
>>52028234
Iphone, even apple can't decrypt its security
>>
>>52028261
I love it when retards spout this shit

>Hey guys! I've got a great idea
>What is it, agent nignogg?
>What if, stick with me here, we got Apple to make a whole bunch of news about their encryption and then we make a statement sounding all pissed off about them not being able to give us access
>But why would we not want access?
>No, see, that's the brilliant part. We actually DO have access, but we pretend like we don't so all the retarded criminals think they're safe
>But nignogg, isn't that the MOST OBVIOUS, OLDEST trick in the fucking book?
And then complete retards fall for it anyway.

End scene
>>
>>52028300
Ok then try decrypting it. You literally can't, it's a digital Fort Knox, which would take more time than the visible universe to brute force.
>>
>>52028300
>end scene
>>
>>52028234
iPhone. Even though iMessage is end-end encrypted, and countries are assblasted Apple, and them can't get into the messages or phones, there's always the "muh botnet" fags.

So I'm that sense, turn off iMessage and just use sms, so instead of Apple encrypting your texts, your service provider gets to read them.

Maybe an adroid phone if you disconnect it from cell and, no google account/botnet accounts

Can't say for blackberry as I never used one, and Windows phone...well it's Microsoft.

Tl;dr iPhone if you want to use it, android if you want a phone you can only use with wifi, blackberry if you want no apps, Microsoft a shit.
>>
>>52028234
No privacy is the price you pay for having the collective intelligence of the entire human race at your fingertips
>>
Apple stuff is the only platforms i'm aware of that governments are trying to change laws for in able to get access to users data. In other words, everything else is a botnet
>>
Jolla.com
>>
>>52028234
>muh privacy
Just stop being such a perv LMAO
>>
>>52028371
nigger
>>
>>52028313

Apple can easily. Or else they would have made their code open source to prove it.
>>
>>52028335
Apple was part of NSAs prism project. There is no reason to think that the encryption actually is encrypted. It's not open source and they have lied about privacy before.
>>
N9
>>
>>52028404
>Return
that is the funniest thing i have heard all year. Open source literally means the entire code base is a back door
>>
>>52028300
I wasn't aware that autism prevented one from the understanding of basic encryption... today I learned something.
>>
>>52028458
I wasn't aware there were still people on the internet who don't know what a backdoor is.

Maybe truecrypt triggering their fucking warrant canary should tell you something.
>>
I need to work with unity and substance painter. Not sure about unity but substance will not work in linux
>>
>>52028488
Whoops wrong thread
>>
File: 6231108255_d79c06db19.jpg (29 KB, 402x298) Image search: [Google]
6231108255_d79c06db19.jpg
29 KB, 402x298
go nuts
>>
>>52028537
zero encryption. get out.
>>
>Believing that the government can actually spy on you

It's just a myth they put out to scare terrorists. If they were really as good as they claim then we wouldn't have terrorist attacks.
>>
>>52028556
You could speak in pig latin.
>>
>>52028234
Ubuntu Phones ($150 to $299)
Firefox OS Phones ($59 to $99)
Sailfish OS Phones ($199)
Nokia N9 (around $149 refurbished)
>>
>>52028607
Firefox is is dead. Better stick to Jolla and Ubuntu phone. Although I'm not sure how Jolla is doing right now. They had a few problems and still haven't shipped their tablet yet AFAIK. Are they dying ?
>>
>>52028234
nokia dumbphones if you don't consider gsm a botnet

>protip: it is ;^)
>>
>>52028455
not their entire fucking code base you mong.

a program or OS's code doesn't have to be open source to be considered "open source [for development]"

the apis alone can be open source and it'd be enough for the community
>>
>>52028429
don't try to convince them, they're apple shills payed to make people buy more iphones thinking they're actually exempt from decrypting for the gov's purpose

such dense idiots, why the fuck would the us let Apple be exempt for spying and make this public when it would be too advantageous to terrorists?
>>
>>52028234
AOSP

you're welcome
>>
>>52030420
>AOSP
>>
>>52028574
>Not knowing that all terrorist attacks are staged by the government to scare you into giving away your privacy by not voting against surveillance bills so that the government amasses even more control over the population.

>B-but T-tinf-foil h-hat

Except this has happened many times in the past.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.