[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else using this as their daily driver? No other browser
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: vivaldi_logo_dark.png (2 MB, 8072x2050) Image search: [Google]
vivaldi_logo_dark.png
2 MB, 8072x2050
Anyone else using this as their daily driver? No other browser works as well on my shit laptop desu family, just hope they will add sync and rebindable mouse-gestures soon.

Man browsers have really gone downhill when naked browser for android is better than most PC browsers, really what the fuck.
>>
>>52017043
Have you tried Pale Moon?
>>
>>52017043
its shit
>>
>>52017043
>using a browser that is only partially open sourced

No thank you.
>>
>>52017090
Yes but it always seems to slow down after some time, Cyberfox and Firefox Dev edition too they're great but mozilla making their idiotic "enchanced start page" the default and no easy way to change it with extensions was the last straw
>>
>>52017109
Click the gear in the corner

Put
>new page

you're done
>>
>>52017043
I use Vivaldi as my main browser it's good
>>
>right click left click
>goes back one page

vivaldi seems nice but call me when they add support for people with ocd
>>
>>52017225
>right click left click
>goes back one page

This does not happen. if you right click a right click meny opens up, and if you just left click it closes again, you have to move to the "go back" option and then left click to go back one page. if you leftclick and rightclick like crazy it will just open and close the rightclick menu... even with double rightclicks and triple clicks.
>>
File: vivaldi.webm (2 MB, 1148x617) Image search: [Google]
vivaldi.webm
2 MB, 1148x617
>>52017287
see this
everytime i move the cursor in circles means i do right click left click

it's called rocker gesture
>>
>>52017413
Gestures are partially implemented expect better recognition and customization in future releases.
>>
>>52017225
Happens with me on the latest beta, if you hold the right button and click left it goes back, hold left and click right it goes forward
>>
>>52017413
you dumb motherfucker. vivaldi supports mouse gestures. holding down rclick and dragging mouse to the left then letting go of rbutton translates as [back]. If i'm not a retard and remember right you can personalize the shortcuts.
>>
>>52017090
>Pale Moon?

shit meme browser for autists.
>>
>>52017510
>shit meme browser for autists.
Nearly everything /g/ uses is a shit meme for autists, it's not an insult here.
>>
ehh... very buggy and lacking features but it's fast for what i need to do.
>>
>no proprietary x264 codecs
it's garbage, might as well be using chromium on windows
>>
>>52017413
just turn off mouse gestures if you don't want them. Tools-settings-mouse and turn them off
>>
File: 1429569664461.jpg (482 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1429569664461.jpg
482 KB, 1920x1080
>>52017090
>Pale Moon
>>
No I use Chrome because it's the only good browser.
>>
>>52017684
>palemoon is shit because I didn't change any of the default settings
>>
>>52017717
>palemoon is shit

correct
>>
>>52017717
That's part of the narrative used against FF just a while ago. Nice double standards
>>
>>52017728
>everyone on /g/ is the same person
>>
>>52017684
> Not using about:home or a custom start site
>>
>>52017684
>Jewtube
>Plebbit

Congratulations, you can bookmark those garbage websites but you can't change any default settings. Go and stay go faggot plebbitor.
>>
>>52017043
I do and it's really good for me to be quite honest family
>>
>>52017737
Didn't see you speak out against it fag
>>
Before complaining about Vivaldi keep in mind it's not even in 1.0
>>
>>52017793
Before complaining about the GTX 970 keep in mind that it's not even 4.0.
>>
>>52017225
Everything is configurable you autist. They don't call it "an advenced browser made with the power user in mind" because the default settings should suit everyone.
>>
>>52017817
Well memed
>>
>>52017043
> browsers have really gone downhill when naked browser for android is better

Uh...thanks.
--Naked Browser dev
>>
Vivaldi would be great if I could just get fucking webGL working. Same problem as I had with Opera now I think of it.
>>
>>52018920
That's not what I mean mate, my PC and even laptop are much more powerful than my phone, yet there are no browsers that are lag-free as naked browser is. Edge gives me hope if it ever gets extension support.

Love your browser mane! (have bought it)
>>
>>52019232
Thanks, I was kidding. I know what you mean. Google/Mozilla are fuckwads
>>
>>52017043
Vivaldi is just chromium with more customization.
>>
>>52017700
>good browser
>literal keylogger

:^(
>>
>>52018920
>Naked Browser dev.

you're proud to announce this?
fuck off pleb.
>>
>>52020480
Did I come off as proud? Go f yourself
>>
File: mmm.png (587 KB, 600x521) Image search: [Google]
mmm.png
587 KB, 600x521
I know the word shill gets thrown around alot but I personally know a guy working for vivaldi who literally gets paid to shill this browser on social media. and OP is definitely him or someone working for vivaldi
>>
>>52022235
No but i AM norwegian so I guess i'm bias, miss old opera desu
>>
>>52017413
>/ncr placebo
nah son, that shit doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>52017090
>>52017043

I use Pale moon and Vivaldi. Vivaldi is better at displaying yourtube and has a faster interface, Pale Moon is better at resources and I can drag a tab off the window to make a second window, which vivaldi can't do without a right click.
>>
Does anyone else get massive GUI latency and high CPU usage?
>>
>>52022235
Back to Yilauta with you.
>>
>>52017090
FURRIES
>>
Is there any way to deactivate the tab cycling with RMB and scrollwheel?
I'm using this combination for image zoom, so it's pretty annyoing.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.