[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys i know there are some wizards here with the necessary
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
hey guys

i know there are some wizards here with the necessary knowlage to help me.

what i'm looking for is a software or a script of what ever to find me statistic about specific words/phrases usage during a specific period of time and a specific country on twitter.

example:

i want to know how many time the phrase "i'm a faggot" has been used from 12/1/2015 to 12/23/2015 in the US on twitter

TL;DR how can i know the number of tweets with certain key words/phrase during a specific period of time ?

thank you
>>
Make a database and harvest that info, retard. There's no magic fucking button you can press to get all of that.
>>
>>52015844
Write a bot that polls twitter ever now and then, processing all that is gonna be difficult tho
>>
This was anwered last time you asked... I don't want to look up all the tools so this time just do it yourself and use the twitter API and your own code.
>>
>>52015862
i don't have the necessary bandwidth for that nor enough storage space, you tool.
>>52015872
interesting, tell me more.
>>52015876
>This was anwered last time you asked
if it was i wouldn't be here.

>hurr durr just code it yourself
isn't an answer.
if i could i wouldn't be here either.
>>
>>52015920
>i don't have the necessary bandwidth for that nor enough storage space
Then stop trying to do shit you can't, dumb fuck.
>>
Youre gonna have to wrtie something yourself, and archive the data somehow, and process it manually. Could be a good learning experience.
>>
>>52015920
>if i could i wouldn't be here either.
If you can't you shouldn't be here.
>>
File: Down-Syndrome.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Down-Syndrome.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>>52016125
Just fuck off my thread, retard
>implying i wouldn't be able to only pick and store the tweets that includes my key word.

>>52016212

You guy are just proving that /g/ is nothong more than the bastard child of /fa/ and /v/.

Zero knowlage of any remotly tech related/coding topic.

Its all about hurr durr, look at my shiny new phone, hurr durr look at my build.

The more time goes the more i beleve that this board is filled with nothing but a bunch of 12 yo
>>
>>52016254
Then do it you fucking retard. Read through all the tweets and save the ones you want.
>>
You'd have to crawl the entire fucking website. Do you have any idea how fucking huge twitter is?
>>
>>52015920
>if it was i wouldn't be here.

I gave you several webapps that does exactly what you want. Learn to code it yourself if you are unable to use webapps
>>
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=%22I%27m%20a%20faggot%22%20since%3A2015-12-01%20until%3A2015-12-23&src=typd

I'm not sure how to get around the dynamic loading and just output everything to a neatly wgetable file. You can use grep and wc from there
>>
>>52015844
wizard here you will find that script in there https://github.com/kernelzeroday/opparis
>>
File: 220px-TaylorSwiftApr09.jpg (18 KB, 220x330) Image search: [Google]
220px-TaylorSwiftApr09.jpg
18 KB, 220x330
>>52016842
thanks, i got that one.
but it doesn't show the number of tweets (unless i'm missing something)
i don't care about the tweets themselves, i just want the number of tweets that includes the key word.

thanks for the tip tho
>>52017082
thats not it.
>>52016319
you do realize that this is an anonymous board right ?, i dunno who you are but all the links people gave me today and yesterday were eather non-free or not doing what i'm looking for.

but thank you for the advices.

if i go that way, i'm gonna have to run somthing that runs live
>>
>>52016317
>Do you have any idea how fucking huge twitter is?
i do, but i don't think i'll have to do that.
twitter has an advance sarch option that shows the tweets i'm looking for, the only problem is it doesn't show how many tweets.
counting them manually or simply loading the page till the last tweet isn't doable
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.