[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2005 >advocate the removal of Adobe Flash due to security
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1416572648395.gif (151 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
1416572648395.gif
151 KB, 500x327
>2005
>advocate the removal of Adobe Flash due to security risks and the harms of proprietary standards
>get mocked
>"lmao idiot u need flash for teh web"

>2015
>the mainstream slowly realizes what a disease Flash is
>it's now fashionable to mock Flash
>nobody ever stands up and admits having been wrong
>>
>>52014652
>advocate its removal when there's no supported alternative
>get called a mug

>advocate its removal when there is a better alternative available
>people agree with you

colour me surprised. what i don't is why you need someone to explain this to you.
>>
>>52014703
Flash was just as harmful, unsecure and proprietary in 2005, and completely unnecessary.
>>
>>52014703
Do you think the Internet had no videos on it before Adobe decided to reinvent Flash?
>>
Flash was alright. People only advocate it's removal now because we got better technology.
>>
File: flash.png (1 MB, 1090x8140) Image search: [Google]
flash.png
1 MB, 1090x8140
>>52015126
>Flash was alright
>>
>>52014715
>Unnecessary
Nice revisionist history.
There was no real alternative.
>>52014747
In comparison to the Internet with flash in its prime? Not really.
>>
>>52015199
>Nice revisionist history.
>There was no real alternative.
What did you need Flash for?
>>
>>52015219
Virtually every website that tired to entertain you in some way.
And a pretty huge chunk of sites that didn't

Kinda a retarded questions when I'm pretty sure you likely had a computer I 2005
>>
>>52014652
Welcome to 2015
>>
>>52015219
Flash was used for web sites that had some sort of upload functionality. You could drag and drop a file onto a web page instead of attaching it in a form. I'm not sure if you can do that without flash these days.
>>
why don't they make a version of flash WITHOUT the features that have been added circa 2004 on it that allows FLASH to execute code and actually put things at risk? Flash should be just a player that plays animation, everything else can just be a simple script.

look ,even fucking Twitter embeds gifs into their own SWF player, this is ...fucked up beyond reason.
flash is useless in 90% of time, could be replaced by html5 and embedded video. the remaining 10% are actually fun stuff made on flash, like Dagobah's stuff, animation works and everything that really have interaction. for the rest it's just plain wrong.
>>
>>52014652
>2005
>Internet? Get some real friends anon
>2015
>No Facebook? Get some real friends anon
>>
>>52014652
>the mainstream slowly realizes what a disease Flash is

No they don't. As you said, mocking Flash is now fashionable, but most people couldn't say a single reason why it deserves it.
>>
right now i'm struggling with a linux PC, someone's mad at me because the news site and Youtube, hois most viewed ones use Flash.
Flash's last version and FF's mast version keeps crashing.
can't find a version that works.
fuck them all and their shit.
>>
>>52015219
http://www.zombo.com/
>>
>>52018216
youtube didn't require flash since ages m8
>>
>>52017718
The internet was better 10 years ago when you were advised by everyone to never give out personal info.
>>
>>52018325
what's your name and where do you live?
>>
>>52017718
>2025
>no sex bot? Get some friends anon
>>
>>52014652
I specifically remember that the appeal of Android when the DROID came out was that it was a cool phone and it COULD run flash, ie. games and some videos. You didn't have to use it and we shouldn't go out of our way to prevent other people from using it. (Even though it sucks) Because that violates the open nature of Android.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.