[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need a new smartphone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 1445863056449.jpg (124 KB, 1873x1054) Image search: [Google]
1445863056449.jpg
124 KB, 1873x1054
I've had my Xperia z3 compact since it was released and it's been the best phone I've ever used. Destroyed all other phones when it comes to battery life but I now feel I want to buy a new phone as this one is getting old.

Has to he android

I did try the Xperia z5 for a week and the battery life was fucking horrendous.

Should I just get an Xperia z3? I want a bigger phone essentially.
>>
>>52014265
>has to be android
Why do you hate yourself?
>>
>>52014286
>he should get an iPhone or Windows phone
How the mighty have fallen
>>
>>52014286
I had an iPhone for a year before hand and I hated it, the navigation of the device Sucker and I love my back buttons on my android devices.
>>
>>52014303
Do you just want a bigger screen? save the
cash and get a z3. I've got a z2 myself and i cant see upgrading it for a while, does
everything and awesome battery life.
>>
>>52014333
Sounds like a good should this is what I've been thinking... Sony's z2 and z3 were done perfectly. They fucked up z5 however I can't say anything about the z5c or premium. I've been told it's the 810 processor that ruined it.
>>
>>52014369
Ive got a z2 tablet lol
>>
The Z6 is only ~3 months away. Sony is a company that listens to customers so I'm sure they'll take the battery life crown again. The power button fingerprint scanner and frosted glass on the back were genius decisions.
>>
>>52014398
>fingerprint scanner
>not a useless shit
>>
>>52014265
>as this one is getting old
like nigga I've been using a galaxy s3 for years and I want to get a xperia z3c but it still costs too much desu
>>
File: 1438356396718.png (11 KB, 223x212) Image search: [Google]
1438356396718.png
11 KB, 223x212
>>52014265
>>
>>52014333
Im using z2 and I cant see the "awesome battery life" . Did you change anything? I got my stamina mode on but it's just okay.
>>
I love the frested glass back on the z5/z5c but holy shit they cost too much, I guess I'll just get the z3 when the z6 comes out
>>
>>52014437

Bought one used for 250£, upgraded from a nexus 4. Worth every £
>>
>>52014420
>>52014398
He's right the fingerprint scanner on the xperias were precise as fuck. And the frosted glass
>>
>>52014465
Not the other guy, but I get 2 days of moderate use with 4-5h SOT. In situations where I can't charge for a while the low battery and stamina mode can make your last 10-15% go a long way.
>>
>>52014437
I'd happily sell you mine senpai but the back is cracked and the headphone jack doesn't work as I've accidentally used it in the pool with the flaps open.

What's amazing though is that it was water damaged to shit but it repaired itself
>>
>>52014584
Did you forget you had your phone in your swimming suit?
Or you tried to answer a phone call while you were taking a bath and it slipped?
>>
>>52014490
I found a used one but it's orange.
>>
But did they fix the wifi in the later models? I have a z1 and holy shit the wifi is bad.
>>
>>52014782
wifi and sony aren't good friends, wifi works like shit also on ps3
>>
>>52014838
I get like 15kb/s down when bluetooth is on and around 50kb/s when its off..
>>
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxMugiNgJ2qtMG51RjVYUnljOW8/view?usp=docslist_api

Check this if your having trouble picking a phone. Limit by whatever specs and price range your looking for to find the best phone for you.
>>
>>52014612
It was in my swimming suit
>>
Why dont shitty ass phone cameras like in ops pic use something like Gaussian blur or some pixel smoothing filter to make it a million times less shit?
>>
>>52014545
Stock rom?
>>
>>52014265
How was your experience using it? How did was the screen, how did it feel in your hands while using it? Were the corners not too sharp? Anything you really disliked about it, like did the stock rom have any lag or something like that? Planning on buying one soon
>>
>>52014450
I already see the "install gentoo" meme in every thread, thanks
>>
>>52014465

Had my Z2 for over a year now, very happy with battery life - can usually do two or three days before I need to think about charging it again with actually using it throughout the work day. Stamina mode set to enable when battery hits 50%, also running Battery Doctor and occasionally optimizing.
>>
>>52014265
z5 premium
>>
Hey /g/,
I just advised my friend to buy a Motorola Moto E, 1.2GHz and 1GB RAM, i think Android 5 but i could be mistaken, for 80 USD.
How much did i fuck up?
Note: she is pretty poor and definitely cannot afford a new flag ship phone.
>>
>>52014265
I got a refurbished Nexus 5 from T-Mobile for $250 and it didn't have one scratch on it and I have no trouble with battery, cell signal, etc.

I'm free from the bloatware of Samsung and Touchwiz, and I get direct updates from Google (I've been on 6.0.1 since it was released). I'll never buy anything than a Nexus phone.
>>
>>52018769
Nah those are fine. It's basically first gen Moto G specs. The only bad part is that she didn't get it when it was on sale for $10.
>>
So i'm looking into replacing my old Nexus 5 after two years. What's a good phone to get now?
>>
Go for an Asus ZenFone2
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.