[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you're presenting your thesis >part of the thesis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
>you're presenting your thesis
>part of the thesis involves programming a software in C
>you're explaining that you used Linux to program because it offer various benefits
>"so the operative system used was Linux, more precisely GNU/Linux"
(GNU small pause Linux)
>One jury, with the biggest shit eating grin ever, stops me to ask something
>"anon, wouldn't it be GNU PLUS Linux?"

>tfw
>>
>>52013192
>things that never happened.post
>>
One does not defend against such inane comments when one defends one's thesis.
>>
>>52013192
Kill yourself lincuck
>>
>>52013192
based prof is based
>>
>>52013249
I couldn't event answer him for fucks sake, it was a low blow. He doesn't even look like the usual neckbead that would say such thing.
>>
>>52013275
why is it even that big of deal?
>>
>>52013192
What uni?
>>
>>52013289
Because memes
>>
>>52013297
Europe.
>>
>>52013310
which country
>>
>>52013310
>ask what uni
>answer with a continent

I already knew that thanks to your English, Anon.
What country, then?
>>
>>52013343
Portugal.
>>
>>52013192
>Does that look like a plus sign to you, sir?
>>
>>52013352
Perro spic
>>
>>52013192
why don't you call it Linux based OS or distribution, not everything except the kernel is part of fucking GNU
>>
Dividing GNU by linux doesn't make any sense you fucking retard. GNU plus Linux does, it is the addition of GNU on Linux kernel to create an operating system.
>>
>GNU/Linux
http://microsoft.com/GNU/Linux.aspx :^)
>>
I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just.Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just.Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.
>>
>>52013352

>Portugal
>Uni
>GNU+Linux

Was his name Ruben by any chance?
>>
>>52013352
rafael pls
>>
File: 1450866528656.jpg (78 KB, 442x638) Image search: [Google]
1450866528656.jpg
78 KB, 442x638
>>52013192
>not saying "GNU/systemd-linuxd"
>>
File: image.jpg (350 KB, 806x938) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
350 KB, 806x938
>>
File: 1450648301994.jpg (54 KB, 450x630) Image search: [Google]
1450648301994.jpg
54 KB, 450x630
>>52013352
t. alberto barbosa
>>
>>52013192
>operative
>>>/niggerland/
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.