[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gamepad makes GPU overheat ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 360controller-580x410[1].png (228 KB, 580x410) Image search: [Google]
360controller-580x410[1].png
228 KB, 580x410
Hi there /g/entoomen, I've got a problem.

Whenever I try to use my gamepad for games (tried with DS2 and D:OS), my Geforce GTX 660 overheats (+30°C) and I've got a MASSIVE framerate drop. When I use any other form of inputs (Mouse/Keyboard), framerate goes back to 60.

What the fuck is happening ?
>>
>>52000000
>>
Your gamepad or the software that supports it is causing your graphics card to overheat by 30C and lose framerate while playing games
>>
Bamp
>>
>>52001675
And another trip filtered.
>>
>>52001698
cute
>>
Any ideas ?
>>
This is bug on some games what are you playing?
Maybe try with other games
>>
>>52002050
Done that, it's definitely the controller.
>>
>>52001439
What gammepad ?
Try plug it in again while playing
>>
>>52002093
Tried that. It's a standard jewsoft 360 gamepad.

Small update, the framerate drop is tied to temp throttling, my gpu is now idling at 60 with no gamepad. I'll try to roll back to a different driver.
>>
>>52002093
>>52002458
Nevermind, back down to 35. What the shit is happening ?
>>
Is 30 C+ overheating? That is a warm day in norway. It can easily get that temperature without being turned on, even near the artic circle. Is it not able to handle that?
>>
>>52002902
Nah, it took 30° when I used the controller. That's 30+30.

Seems like the problem solved itself, dunno what happened.
>>
>>52002902
>40°+ the other day
>two Asus 670s idling at ~45°
>crank fan speed to 100% for both of them
>hottest card almost hits 90°
Fuck this heat man, I can't wait for winter to come back.
>>
>>52001439
Its indeed the driver, something like this happened to me but was with an Intel Audio driver. If I changed the volume via physical/virtual button, the PC would freeze and heat like a mofo. This was on Windows 8.1. Downgrading solved it.
>>
>>52003476
I didn't even roll back, I don't know what happened, really. There was a new Nvidia driver out today, maybe it caused it, but why would the problem fix itself ?

Fucking tech man.
>>
Is this some fucking meme thread I'm not aware of ?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.