[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Karlie Kloss is an avid coder. In April 2015, she partne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 15
>Karlie Kloss is an avid coder. In April 2015, she partnered with Flatiron School and Code.org to offer a scholarship named Kode with Karlie for young girls interested in Computer Science and Software Engineering.

How do you feel about super models getting into coding, /g/?
>>
File: care-o-meter.jpg (114 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
care-o-meter.jpg
114 KB, 500x375
>>
Scratch and AppInventor
>>
the program is a click and drag-make-shitty-app app. i dont give a fuck, women will never be in the tech industry
>>
The power of cd!
>>
>>52001757
She's pretty good at product placement tho.
>>
>>52001757

>function to concatenate strings

holy shit
>>
>>52001769
It'd be weird if she wasn't
>>
>>52001757

I want that salad so bad
>>
i don't give a shit
caring about them caring about pointless shit is just as stupid as them caring about pointless shit
>>
>>52001757
>what are format strings
>>
>>52001757
> cd code
> cd ..
> cd code

Look ma IM CODING!
>>
File: Karlie.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3547) Image search: [Google]
Karlie.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3547
She's a big gal.
>>
>>51997978
>How do you feel about super models getting into coding, /g/?
this is a /g/ meme

Ive never actually met any female irl who wants to be a 'coder'. Where are all these girls? Id really like to meet them, and I say that seriously, its hard to find people who share my interest in IT/programming
>>
why would i give a hot buttered shit about the frivolous actions of some professional pair of boobs
>>
File: 1450591117612.png (377 KB, 2881x1620) Image search: [Google]
1450591117612.png
377 KB, 2881x1620
>>51997978
Honestly?

I feel insecure.

All my life I've escaped into videogames and recently began learning programming in Java, moving on to C#, then C++. I wanted to make my own mobile games and apps to make money, then I wanted to go to University to learn about Haptics, research life extension technology. Big dreams, big ideas, but I knew it would take a lot of work. I still know that. You hear about the big names in history and their accomplishments but no one talks about the work they put into them.

I feel belittled more than I already was. I was always a narcissistic manchild, ADHD hypocritical bastard kid, I still am but hide it enough to get along with most. Always wanted to be respected. Always wanted more power over myself and others, control.

Now everyone is going to go to the online code learning websites, learn some bullshit bastardized form of programming language then parade around acting like they're top shit. Its bad enough SJW's have influenced gaming so much with their hurt fee fees, and this shit OP has already been in the making for a long time. With a vagina, you can get the world handed to you by playing your cards right. But I don't care too much about what I don't have.

I care more about the fact that this bothers me. I care more about the fact that any programming skill I might have will be compared to what OP posted, that I'll be belittled again, that I'll be nothing in the end.

So I'm going to keep on reading, keep on programming, and I'll put my best effort into it. So thats it OP. Now if you don't mind, I'm gonna watch Monster Girls.
>>
>>52001927
Careful, she might DDoS you with ping -t
>>
>>52001757
>all those failed directory changes
top kek
>>
File: hackTheGibson.png (266 KB, 590x322) Image search: [Google]
hackTheGibson.png
266 KB, 590x322
>>52001757
>>
>>51997978
Some bitches learn webdesign. idc
>>52001757
holy shit this person is retarded. What is her github?
>>
>>52001757
>cd..
>cd code
>cd: no such file or directory: code
>"hello","world"
>ruby
>codecademy
>some drink jew
>some salad jew
>macbook
>ohh look I use zsh
hahahahaha there is so many things wrong about this picture
>>
File: anti-sjw.jpg (167 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
anti-sjw.jpg
167 KB, 1024x887
>>52001977
Now why do I get a feeling this post is a variation of picture related?
>>
>>52001757
but... how did she take this picture?

how really is this supposed to look "natural" holy shit
>>
>>52000720
>women will never be in the tech industry
Is this the year 1600 or some shit? What's up with the sexism?
>>
>>52002288
>what's up with the sexism?
Karlie Kloss? Is that you?
>>
>>52002298
>Karlie Kloss? Is that you?
That was literally sexism though
>>
>>52002374
And you are literally Karlie Kloss though
>>
File: techie.jpg (32 KB, 264x396) Image search: [Google]
techie.jpg
32 KB, 264x396
>>52002288
>pic related, women in tech
hello im calling from the microsoft
>>
wonder why these feminist tarts never get into anything that requires that they might get dirty like electrical engineering?
>>
>>52002288
How is it sexist? He's right.
>>
File: 1386773175855.png (161 KB, 350x227) Image search: [Google]
1386773175855.png
161 KB, 350x227
>>52001757
>concatenate adding a space
Noone else noticed this?
>>
I'm jealous
girls get so much attention for free
I want attention too
>>
>>52002722
Really? I hate attention
>>
>>52002688
its fucking ruby srsly who gives a fuck, that itself shows that how stupid and inferior she is as a women.
>
even a "smart" women at most can only do web dev maybe some sql if they're really smart, but even then they are being flattered for a small achievement
>>
>>52002288
It's not really sexism. Most people (intelligent ones anyways) understand that women just aren't as interested in technology. This has nothing to do with their intellect. I don't understand why media and other women force this so hard. Having few women in tech isn't a big deal. I have never met or heard of a female who loved to write code or configure switches and routers. Women are typically very uninterested.
>>
File: iFXo8.jpg (39 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
iFXo8.jpg
39 KB, 600x402
>>52002194
Oh anon don't get me wrong I hate everything equally. I just point out my flaws in posts before others can to show that I know what I'm doing when I bitch like a baby, also takes fuel away from shitposters :^)

Not everyone on /g/ is as bad as I am, if anything I enjoy /g/ (not only for the shitposting) but because you can't be a fucking retard on here and get away with it without someone calling you out. Its always been like that.

TLDR I didn't want programming to be reduced to another accessory for retarded bitches like in OP's picture to parade around with. Its bad enough every faggot I meet tries to act like they know shit they don't. Quick story:
>Junior year high school
>Decide to buy hard drive dock, some other small tools, offer repair services to students for cheap
>Head to library one day, just playing SNES games when girl I know asks me for help with her laptop
>Tiny EEE PC, pretty funny to see such a tiny thing but anyway girl was complaining everything was running slow as fuck
>Tells me she knows the problem and that I should charge her less
>Tells me its a virus so just get rid of it
Okay $20
>Install AVG, Ccleaner and Recuva from my flash drive, immediately notice shitted up desktop
>Pictures, random programs I didnt even know existed, tons of disorganized useless shit
>First scan shows nothing
>Second scan shows nothing
>Install malware bytes, scan shows nothing
Okay, well uh, lets clean this shit up
>Start deleting and uninstalling useless shit, old pictures she specifies wants saved are moved, blah blah whatever
>Notice something when I open recycling bin
>4.73 gigs worth of shit in recycling bin
>she never deleted anything in it
>hard drive nearly full
>bloatware to the max
>after running ccleaner, deleting old shit, uninstalling shit, computer is obviously faster
>deleted 200 gigs worth of random stupid shit
>did this all in about thirty minutes

Everyone, including family, has done some shit like this to me.
>>
>>52001972
Yeah, the female coders all end up becoming project managers here.
>>
File: for_you.jpg (74 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
for_you.jpg
74 KB, 720x960
>>52001959
>>
File: wu.png (191 KB, 485x258) Image search: [Google]
wu.png
191 KB, 485x258
>>52002722
There is a path for you if you're willing to follow it...
>>
>>52002819
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>52001757
Why did we give them the right to vote anon-kuns?
>>
>>52001757
It would make sense if she was using this as demonstration material.
>>
>>52004602
>demonstration material
this is literally the only thing these women can do, besides drain balls
>>
File: bai5.png (23 KB, 360x361) Image search: [Google]
bai5.png
23 KB, 360x361
>>52001757
Look at the water bottle.

Look harder.

That's what I think about this thread, /g/.

>>52002722
Here's your free (You).

>>52001972
I don't know why there are so few of us, but there are quite a few more than you'd think. Many of us learn not to call attention to ourselves, especially online. There are some sexist idiots, and some of them are teachers/lecturers, so maybe that's one factor - but not as many as would account for the difference.

I did get one CEO who asked me to make the tea for him while he waited for the consultant. So I made the tea. I make a damn good cup of tea. Then I pointed out to him that he was paying me, the consultant, £500 an hour to make the tea, so it had better be good, and the look on his face was, I think, worth never getting called back to that client.

But that's rare. Most people are fine with it - although all of the Silicon Valley 'brogrammers' I've met are obnoxious prats who can fuck right off, they're a very new phenomenon.

I think it's more of a general engineering thing - the whole computer field has more in common with engineering than it'd like to think (and less than it'd like to think, too).
>>
File: 20151220_111626.jpg (689 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151220_111626.jpg
689 KB, 1920x1080
>>52002597
Top kek
>>
How much cock do you think they suck per day to keep their jobs?
>>
File: 4L_RW3i5f0W.jpg (14 KB, 300x210) Image search: [Google]
4L_RW3i5f0W.jpg
14 KB, 300x210
>>52002288
>2015
>actually trusting a woman to do as good of a job as a man at anything

Good luck with that sjw mindset anon. Hopefully the firewoman is strong enough to save you from a burning building. Good thing she had lower requirements to be come certified.

>woman of the year 2015 is a man
>2015 the year men became better at being woman than actual XX woman
>>
>>51997978
>How do you feel about super models getting into coding, /g/?

It feels like this:
>be me
>ugly as shit
>at least I am a good coder
>supermodel get into coding, everybody wanna help them cos they think they will have free sex
>supermodel turn into supercoder, cos of help and economical resources
>be me, be ugly and now a relatively shitty coder
kill me /g/
>>
>>52005153
This can only go on for so long. The white knights will burn the fuck out fast. They'll all quit/get fired eventually and you'll be the only intelligent person left. Raises will be dropped and you can fuck all the bitches, because they will be dying for attention from you to fix their shit spaghetti. Keep the evidence for when they claim rape lad.
>>
Hi everyone! Flatiron alum monitoring this thread, carry on.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.