[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm fucking sick and tired of my 7850s in crossfire. They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: amd[1].jpg (20 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
amd[1].jpg
20 KB, 450x320
I'm fucking sick and tired of my 7850s in crossfire. They can't do anything well. Should I get a 980 ti? or is there better for the money?
>>
fury x is probably a little more forward-looking with what's coming in the industry

both pascal and arctic islands are probably coming q2 if you can wait.
>>
>>51992986
>fury x is probably a little more forward-looking with what's coming in the industry

no it isn't, the fury is 30% slower than a 980ti and is bottlenecked by it's vram and rops
>>
>>51992996
there's a reason why i said forward-looking
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/213519-asynchronous-shading-amd-nvidia-and-dx12-what-we-know-so-far

it depends on if OP wants to look ahead a few months or just play games now
>>
The 980Ti is the cream of the GPU market right now. It's nvidia so you're basically supporting GPU unethical behaviour, but if you don't care then that's fine.

The fury X is good, but not as good as the 980Ti.
>>
>>51993024
Forward looking is stupid, because by the time the future arrives better parts will be out anyway.
If you want gear now, buy it now.
There are exceptions, but these exceptions are subtle and are based on hardware innovations, never software.
>>
>>51993024
>async meme

the 980ti still demolishes the fury x in dx12, the reason it appears close in those benchmarks is because they're comparing reference cards. all maxwell chips can OC to 1500mhz core without a change in voltage.
>>
>>51993043
>GPU unethical behaviour
what unethical behavior is that? I've barely paid attention to anything computer related since 7850s were actually good.
>>
>>51993074
Nvidia is like intel but without the self-restraint.
Most of the damage nvidia does is in two factors:
1. Vendor lock-in
2. Videogame developer 'assists'.

1. Is things like g-sync and physx, both neat technologies that nvidia has repeatedly shown exist only to lock users into using nvidia cards. When physx was able to be used alongside AMD cards, nvidia shut that down. G-sync is nothing more than vendor lock-in chip on a monitor that when you buy a monitor with g-sync you're locked into nvidia GPUs. AMD's competing async technology is open and intel is picking it up for their iGPUs.
2. Videogame tweaking. For example, crysis 2 had tesselation problems- the game would tesselate flat surfaces. Gameworks has proprietary dll shaders that basically are designed to hamper AMD cards. Effects that don't add any visual detail but reduce performance. But they reduce performance on AMD cards more.
Like intel's C++ compiler.
>>
>>51993169
all it sounds like to me is amd a shit while nvidia isn't a shit. why would you want to use an amd card anyway when nvidia cards have been shown to outperform them pretty much every single time?
>>
File: 1386501578653.png (13 KB, 530x431) Image search: [Google]
1386501578653.png
13 KB, 530x431
>>51993200
fuck off kike
>>
>>51993200
It's called voting with your wallet.
>>
>>51993169

this, tbqh familia
>>
>>51993272
>consciously buying an inferior product
>raising another man's son

What's the difference?
>>
>>51993298
people like you are why it took until 2008 for netburst to die
>>
>>51993298
>consciously buying an inferior product
fucking this. why?
>oh yeah? I'll buy this huge piece of shit that only effects me negatively! That'll show you, nvidia!
>>
>>51993305
>wahhh his product selection goes against my brand whoring politics!

Go fucking kill yourself, seriously. No, like, really *really* end yourself.
>>
>>51993298
How is buying a product you get locked into not being cuckolded?
Nvidia would be fucking your wife and you'd still buy their graphics cards
>>
>>51993394
>getting locked into using a superior product
oh no, what ever will I do?
you probably also bitch and moan about turbocharged cars requiring higher octane fuel.
>>
File: 1450136538506.jpg (36 KB, 376x394) Image search: [Google]
1450136538506.jpg
36 KB, 376x394
>>51993394
If she's having a good time, I'm having a good time
>>
>>51993416
Niggers have bigger cocks so they should be fucking your wife instead. So that's why you let them.
>>
>>51993394
Locked into what dumbass?

>>51993365
>buy a worse performing product
>"Thanks to me AMD is saved!"
>"So what if I could have gotten more performance for the same price?"
>"I'm such a good person"

Meanwhile...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/analyst-amds-executive-bonuses-unbelievable-141556944.html

Executives are giving themselves massive bonuses and running the company to the ground.
>>
>>51993428
why are amd fags always thinking about big black cock and being cucked?
>>
>>51993450
Because we're always giving them shit. All AMD users have benchmarks saved on their machine and ready to shitpost at a moments notice about how their shit is "just as good" as Intel/Nvidia counterparts.
>>
>>51993450
Well if you follow the quote chain cuckolding was brought up by the nvidia fanboy first.

>>51993446
Nvidia execs get big bonuses too. Probably bigger bonuses since nvidia makes much more money.
>>
>>51993485
>Nvidia execs get big bonuses too. Probably bigger bonuses since nvidia makes much more money.

And they deserve every penny of it.
>>
>>51993485
Nvidia execs actually deserve it
>>
>>51993520
And hitler deserved all the power he got. Doesn't particularly mean you can agree with how they got it.

How nvidia fanboys work is that anything AMD is complete trash, and how AMD fanboys work is that nvidia products are for good goys who don't know how to buy good products.

Both are stupid.
>>
>>51993485
>the company making better products for the same price is making more money
amazing.
>>
>>51993553
but nvidia fanboys are right. AMD is complete trash, and has proven that time and time again. nvidia cards are just better performing cards. It's not even a debate.
>>
>>51993553
>anything AMD is complete trash
true
>nvidia products are for good goys who don't know how to buy good products
Why would people who don't know how to buy good products buy objectively superior products?
>>
>>51993537
>>51993520
>>51993554
Okay since we're talking about companies and such; I want to reaffirm my position:
>It's nvidia so you're basically supporting GPU unethical behaviour, but if you don't care then that's fine.
>If you don't care that's fine

Let me repeat this for you fanboys:

>If you don't care that's fine

Not caring is not the same as being ignorant. You could at least be aware at how you're being denied choice.
Because reducing competition is a good thing. But if you don't care, that's fine. Say you don't care instead of whining about how nvidia deserves so and so because they were more clever at jewing the competition.
>>
OP here I'm going to buy the 980 ti.
>>
>>51993593
>Say you don't care instead of whining about how nvidia deserves so and so because they were more clever at jewing the competition.
Both of those are true though. I don't need to pick one.
>>
>>51993577
>>51993576
Look, you're a fanboy. I get it, you're in pointless tribal loyalties because you don't like sports and don't have a football team to get indignant and defensive about.

I recommended the 980Ti over the fury X earlier.
Because IT'S BETTER.
But the tradeoff for the better value is being ethically bankrupt.
>>
>>51993621
>I recommended the 980Ti over the fury X earlier.
>Because IT'S BETTER.
You're damn right it is. Glad you AMD shills are finally able to see the light
>>
>>51993598
Good, it's the better card.

Ignore the fanboys.
>>
>>51993621
>even amd fanboys don't have the heart to recommend their shitty cards

this is just sad honestly.
>>
>>51993630
>you AMD shills
You fanboys are really difficult to talk to. Starting from the position that the person you're speaking to is mentally deficient causes you to become mentally deficient.
>>
This thread is retarded.
Even if op himself is a shill: the 980ti is better in gaymes than the furyx. (Not in work but you don't sound like you work anyway)
At any lower pricepoint amd wins though. 390>970, 380>960, 370>950
Since paying more than 1000 bucks for a computer that doesn't make you money both the furyx and the 980ti are retarded choices imo.
>>
>>51993640
It's almost as if I'm an adult who can tell the difference between a product and a company.
>>
>>51993621
>ethically bankrupt

You're morally bankrupt for holding the consumer responsible for poor business decisions. Nobody should suffer through an inferior product for the sake of keeping a company alive.
>>
>>51993658
>You fanboys are really difficult to talk to
Likewise
>Starting from the position that the person you're speaking to is mentally deficient
I didn't start from that position. I came to it very soundly from the knowledge that you defend a company that consistently produces nothing but garbage.
>>
>>51993659
>At any lower pricepoint amd wins though. 390>970, 380>960, 370>950

only if you're comparing the rebrands to reference 9xx cards, but since those reference cards aren't even sold any longer it's pretty disingenuous.

there's a few reviews that demonstrate factory OCed 970s demolishing the 390 and 390x and the like, namely http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/10/26/xfx_r9_390x_double_dissipation_core_edition_review/5
>>
>>51993677
Almost, yeah.

Too bad adults have the sense to avoid products from companies that produce nothing but worthless garbage all the time.
>>
I run two overclocked 290X 8GB and trust me theres nothing worth buying until NVIDIA brings out a new crown.
>>
>>51993782
AMD's new performance clown will be unbeatable.
>>
>>51993693
Nice cherrypicked result. Also the 390 is faster than the 290 both at reference speeds and overclocked. Try a more reliable site like anandtech next time. And while you are at it show us benchmarks of the 970 in gta5 at 1440p.
>>
>>51993598
you're not op you lying faggot. I am going to buy the 980 ti though.
>>
>>51993851
>Also the 390 is faster than the 290 both at reference speeds

got a source on this? every review i've seen that does clock-for-clock comparison shows the same performance.

> Try a more reliable site like anandtech next time.

b8
>>
>>51993693
>xfx dd hot garbage
So you have to put one of the worst cards against the best, nice cherry picked results
>>
>>51994031

they're all hot garbage, you need custom water cooling to keep those overvolted rebrands cool.
>>
>>51993926
likely the 390 has been tested with newer drivers, I have an R9 390 but there's no doubt it's a rebranded 290.
>>
>>51993805

The furyx2 aint shit. Gonna be equivalent or worse than my two OC 290X 8GB at launch. Dont waste the money.
>>
>>51992948
Get a 390 with a free-sync display you fool
>>
>>51993926
Of course clock on clock has the same results. They changed the gpu to have better heat dissipation and more vram.
There's no point in comparing an underclocked 390 to a reference 290. The stock speeds are different for a reason. Stupid comparisons like this are the reason why comparing oc results makes more sense. And anandtech has the most reliable benchmarks I found so far. I tested some of their results on my own cards and there are no notable differences that you can't explain by software or silicon lottery between my results and their results.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.