[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> retail price: $999.00 > Chromebook with extra RAM Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: chromebookpixel.jpg (7 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
chromebookpixel.jpg
7 KB, 275x183
> retail price: $999.00
> Chromebook with extra RAM

Is this the biggest ripoff of all time?
>>
chromebook pixels have a nice screen and thats about it
they're just not worth the money
>>
Just order a 200$ refurbished Toshiba Chromebook 2 with 4gb RAM and 1080 screen. Why would you ever pay more for a chromebook? What else could you want to do with it
>>
>>51984786
It can into loonix and expansion, right?
>>
>>51984944
The 2015 version can but I'm not sure what year I'll be receiving I have no problem with the given space and an SD card either way. And yeah linux
>>
Yeah the 200$ refurbished is 2014 so no memory upgrade stuck with 16gb
>>
>>51985080
Sd is ite ig.

Just worried about speed difference
>>
>tfw just bought 16GB RAM, i7, 1TB HDD, FHD 15'6 screen and R5 M330 laptop for 600 euros
>some people will pay upwards 1000$ for facebook machines
>>
I don't know about of all time, but it is a rip off.

You can get an HP 14 that comes CV with 4GB RAM, upgradable to 8GB, with a 32 GB SSD, upgradeable to 128 GB (for less than $80).

Shits ridiculous.
>>
>>51984706

Do you want something that has as good or better build quality of a macbook and are willing to pay the premium for it?

Are you comfortable with using Linux?

Then yes it's probably worth it. These man children have never touched one, just like pussy, and have no idea what they're talking about.
>>
>>51986075
premium build quality or "feel" is not worth more than shitty hardware and forced cloud use
>>
>>51986600

The fucking cognitive dissonance and lack of reading comprehension is real on here.
>>
>>51984706
Its pretty much in the same price range as most ultrabooks with the same specs.

>>51985641
I think most people expect their portable computers to last more than 3 hours without a charge when they're out.

>>51986600
What "shitty" hardware? What "forced cloud use"?
>>
>>51984706
the Pixel isn't meant for every day users, it's meant for developers to show them what to base their lower-end models off of.
>>
>>51986769
aren't pixels using like 32gb SSDs or some shit, meaning that windows won't fit and basically all your shit must be in cloud to save physical space ?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.