[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am wanting to restore an old dell laptop (running vista) to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Dell Studio F8.jpg (73 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Dell Studio F8.jpg
73 KB, 640x480
I am wanting to restore an old dell laptop (running vista) to it's factory settings, so I call sell it. The problem is that after pressing F8 at startup, the factory restore option isn't even available (pick related). This is pretty mind-boggling, but I guess that's what I can expect from a Dell laptop.

Is there any sort of software that I can install to factory reset this computer? I dont want to reinstall a fresh copy of vista, because I dont want to pirate (although that would be the best way to escape from the Dell bloatware).
>>
>>51982235
Ask Dell support?
>>
>>51982311
I guess I can try that, im just skeptical that I would end up receiving corporate bs that wont help me.
>>
>>51982311
Yeah, I think they normally have some a recovery disc at customer service.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN135486/EN

Best of luck, anon.
>>
restore partition deleted?
>>
>>51982359
the thing that is infuriating with Dell's website is that it throws you in circles and dead ends. I went to this page:

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN130027/en

Scrolled down to Operating System Restore and clicked on the Vista option. It recommends that I use DataSafe Local Backup 2.0, but doesnt provide a download link. So I searched up my laptop model in the drivers page and came to this:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/studio-1535/drivers

I cant even find the program on the driver page. The only place I can find a download for this program is a sketch advertisement link on google for Carbonite dot com.
>>
Dell tech support newbie here. I can't help you, but wanted to share that I hate my job and want to die
>>
>>51982605
I went through the support page and clicked on the email option. Typed in my service tag to get into the page and they dont even provide you an email address. They just give you a phone number for the out of warranty line.
>>
Provided the partition hasn't actually been deleted, you may be able to restore access to it with DSRFix.
>>
>>51982641
Theyll probably charge you for tech support if you're out of warranty. I cant help you since im probably not from the usa
>>
>>51982641
To be honest, if this would be your only option, you may as well buy a copy of vista, depending on how much they charge you. Looks like they're average $30. But still, depending on how much you sell the laptop for, that could be a bit part of your profit.
>>
>>51982235
You should really just pirate it bro. Microsoft doesnt even care about windows 7 anymore, they're going for a free as in beer model for their os now. Try kat.cr, its your best bet
>>
>>51982798
>>51982708
Reinstalling the OS seems like the only way. Alright, I appreciate the help senpai. I just find it strange that somebody hasnt already created a custom system-restoring tool at this point. I guess because nobody needs it, but me.
>>
>>51982869
Nah they exist, but they are just the oem windows discs mashed together in a clusterfuck of drivers thats over 12gb
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.