[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys help, i have: AMD fx-8320 Asus m5a99x evo r2.0 I installed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Large_bonfire.jpg (129 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
Large_bonfire.jpg
129 KB, 800x533
Guys help, i have:
AMD fx-8320
Asus m5a99x evo r2.0
I installed an artic alpine 64 plus but I think that is not enough, when I play dota, after like 10 Min my pc shuts down. Temperature is too high. Do i have to buy a new cooler?
I got a cooler master force 500 case midi. What do i need? Help pls
>>
>>51976323
Are the fans actually on?
>>
>>51976323
Did you check temps? It could be your gpu overheating, not the cpu.
>>
What are idle temps? how many times have you reseated the cooler? Post pic of how much thermal paste you used.
>>
>>51976343
Yes,
>>51976347
Cpu temperatures are high, i think they reach 70degrees then pc shuts down
>>
>>51976653
70 °C doesn't seem enough to shut down the PC
>>
>>51976653
same thing happened to my brother, same cpu. he has the factory cooler but just recently installed a liquid cooler. runs much better now
>>
>>51976674
I check the temperatures when I can turn my pc on so they may be lowered
>>
>>51976693
I have an 8320 oc'd to 4.6ghz with a deep cool gammaxxx 400. I don't hit 70°C unless I am stress testing. Also, 90°C is the cut off point of the FX chips IIRC. Something else is your issue.

Have you tried to OC?

If so, did you mess with the voltage?
>>
Why didn't you just get a Hyper 212? wanted to be different?
>>
>>51976766
I'm op, i didn't touch anything, i don't know what to do
>>
>>51976915
Don't know if it fits in my case man
>>
>>51976916
Reseat your cooler op. I just sold my 8320 l today lol. I took the cooler off(corsair h110i gt, it sucks) and cleaned the cpu to take pics. I didn't bother removing the paste on the cooler and just screwed it back in with the left over smeared on. I couldn't believe it but my temps were lower by about 3 degrees. Ice had the cpu for 2 years and used 4 coolers on it so far. Stock, 2 liquid, and one air cooler called the lucifer 2. Your temps shouldn't exceed 60 at all unless you're benchmarking for a while. Mine averages mid 40s for normal gaming and 53 for the newer more demanding games all on a 4.5 ghz OC. Stock cooler sucked for gaming. Playing tomb raider when I first got the chip made it sound like a jet engine and I would always get a message saying "temps exceeded 65c".
Anyway, that was a long rant for no reason. Just reseat the cooler. Use as little as possible too. The X method is the best one instead of the small dot I'm the middle... Just be sure to make the lines thin rather than thick. Application is key for getting the best temps. When the cooler flattens the paste, it should be a nice paper thin layer across the surface. That gives optimal contact and heat dissipation. Ice spent months on end messing around with the 8320.
>>
>>51977291
Forgot to mention, when your cpu hits 70c or so, it down clocks itself to 1.4 ghz or something. I'm sure anything passed those temps will shut down the pc. Since your chips getting hot so quickly, it's definitely a terrible cooler installation. Get some thermal paste and simply reseat it until temps are around 30c idle and 60 max when gaming.
>>
>>51977325
Thanks man, I'm fairly new to pc building, you helped me a lot, i will try, any suggestion for a good thermal paste? Or videos on how to apply it? Just x?
>>
>>51977489
Just go for Arctic silver 5. The price is right for how well it works. The best paste out there though is gelid extreme but it's expensive at 12 bucks.
You can look up a quick video on YouTube, they're pretty much all the same I suppose. Literally just make an X in the middle of the cpu. Make sure the lines are thin. Than just press the cooler onto the cpu and hold it there without letting up while you screw in the screws.
You can also do a pea sized grain in the middle and again press the cooler down and screw. The X has been proven to be better though and it was when I was testing it too.
>>
Wow op, sorry if my posts are grammatically incorrect. It's 5 in the morning and I'm on mobile lol.
>>
>>51977621
Lol np i'm not even American
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.