[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /g/ I have an "issue". I just got hired at best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Best-Buy-Canada.jpg (23 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
Best-Buy-Canada.jpg
23 KB, 500x487
Sup /g/ I have an "issue". I just got hired at best buy for the holiday season. That isn't the issue, the issue is I applied for the PC/Tablet/etc.. Section and I got hired in the Speaker section. Now I barely know anything about Speaker Systems/Receivers/Soundbars/etc... I am doing some research, but blogs are confusing and boxing day is coming up fast. Could you possibly school me on Surround sound/receivers/soundbars/etc...? Very appreciated.
>>
>>51975661
Nigga, that's what the e-learnings are for. I'm assuming you have those like we do in burgerland. I am also going to assume you'll have co-workers that are not assholes and will teach you some shit about the stuff you're supposed to sell.
>>
What don't you know about them? You probably know enough to satisfy Best Buy as entry level personell. I would think they understand you would learn while on the job. Just guessing though. I only have very limited pleb knowledge of audio setups but I would think I could easily catch on.

Soundbars are single cheap decent solutions to entertainment centers.

Surround sound is multiple speakers in a room 5.1 for example five speakers and a subwoofer.

Receivers as far as I know connect speakers to other devices and are usually more expensive but higher quality shit.
>>
>>51975661
What fucking store has a staffed speaker section?
Unless you're talking about MP3/Connected home
>>
>>51975788
This position is just for the holidays
>>
>>51975786
I know the basics, i just don't know much difference between speaker strengths/wattage. I could just be over thinking this whole thing, my boss just made them sound confusing (started 3 days ago)
>>
>>51975661
Don't worry. No one at best buy knows anything useful.
>>
It's all about confidence my nigga. That, and making vague statements that would apply to most speakers, but in a confident voice.

Get used to making vague statements, and from there you can just start reading from the box as if you've done it a ton of times before, pointing to the little bullet points as if you're doing it for the customer
>>
>>51975661
Audio is the easiest shit to sell.

>find out budget
>find out aesthetic preference
>let them listen to the shit stuff first
>let them listen to the better stuff second
>upsell is easy thanks to cheap shit being cheap shit
>spend commission on hookers and blow
>>
>>51975661
youre only seasonal, idiot. No one in the store is going to give a shit about you. You are basically everyones monkey boy, doing monkey boy tasks, no one expects you to sell anything.
>>
>>51975876
If only best buy was on commission, cunts took it away when they converted the futureshops
>>
>>51975876
>best buy
>commission

>>51975852
Well, depends on the store. Some actually try to hire knowledgeable and experienced staff, while others shoot for blank slates that they can mold into mindless bots that toe the corporate line and try to sell the most expensive shit with extended warranties and accessories.
>>
The speaker wattage as i remember is: the maximum wattage that supports the speaker without risk of being damaged.
>>
>>51975932
Best buy doesn't pay commission.
>>
>>51975827
Probably did that to make himself sound smart.
>>
>>51976326
Uh, yes, that's what I was
>implying
>>
My mother wants a pair of white active speakers for around $200. Connectivity with apple shit is a plus.

Any ideas?
>>
>>51977090
The most expensive sonos system of course.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.