[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: topic-apple-watch-all.png (392 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
topic-apple-watch-all.png
392 KB, 800x800
what went wrong?
>>
Pretty sure Apple has a mind control device that works on half the public that makes them buy anything, regardless of how unnecessary or bad.
>>
File: 360jobs.png (21 KB, 470x495) Image search: [Google]
360jobs.png
21 KB, 470x495
you-know-who didn't have any input on its design, that's what went wrong.
>>
>>51973341
>this watch lasts for 8 hours!
Even iDrones could not stomach that.
>>
>>51973341
Expensive.
When you purchase a >200-300$ watch, you expect it to last for longer than a few years. The Apple Watch will be discontinued in a short time and will become obsolete. Compare that to regular automatic/manual/quartz watches which last decades. And you don't have to charge them twice a day.

Also: lack of useful applications and features. Counting calories and steps is fine, but it can be done by many cheaper devices. Everything else can be managed by my phone.

Which brings me to another point: it's useless without a phone. Why?
>>
>>51973455
>it's useless without a phone. Why?

it has to get your data from somewhere. and nobody wants to keep syncing it manually.
>>
>>51973408
/thread

Jobs knew what he was doing as far as marketing and ensuring Apple made products that would sell to the common sheep.
>>
>>51973795
But then what's the point of having a smartwatch, if literally everything it does I can do on my phone but better?

It does not take very long to pull my phone out of my pocket, anon.
>>
>>51974683
Looking cool. Hence why Apple made such a big deal about the wristbands, materials, and watch faces.

It is meant to be a fashion statement first and foremost. Utilitarian second. If your into fitness or health tracking there are much better options out there.
>>
>tfw i actually like how it looks
>tfw lagdroid phone
>>
>>51973341
The screen turns off.
>>
>>51975703
Looks like trash.
There are smartwatches that look better and perform better
>>
>>51973455
You forgot to add that it looks gay as fuck. The whole idea of "smart watches" is gay as fuck.
>>
>>51973408
Pretty much. Apple depended completely on Jobs, because no matter how much of an asshole he was, he was still a fucking genius when it came to selling people overpriced stuff they don't actually need.
Without him, they are just another company like all the rest and will drop down to more sane profit margins over time, which will probably kill them in the long run.
>>
2 hands needed to operate something worse than 1 handing your smartphone
>>
People with that kind of money would rather get a nice watch and not some piece of shit straight out of spy kids 2.
>>
The apps don't work.
The heart rate monitor is so inaccurate it doesn't work.
The remind you to stand feature has no idea if you're sitting down.
It doesn't actually tell you them time unless it thinks you're looking at it and it doesn't know if you're looking at it.
The stopwatch lasts a few seconds before the screen switches off.
The interface doesn't have a homescreen or any kind of reference to find you're way around. It just feels random.
It looks bloated and swollen on the wrist.
The rounded glass bezel in the sunlight looks like a piece of vac formed garbage kids toy.
If you like the look of the gold one in an advert, you get to show up at the store and SEVENTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS happens. Then you get to decide if you want to spend hundreds of dollars on one you don't really like.
Wearing one makes you look like a cunt.
>>
Let's see.
>Plenty of stores still don't accept EMV in the United States. Even if the card readers have NFC antennas, they are often not enabled, making Apple Pay useless.
>Apps are much smaller versions of things much more easily controlled on the phone.
>to enable the touch screen on the watch and higher resolution, severe sacrifices to battery life had to be made, making you charge it every day.
>cheaper alternatives (e.g. Pebble) do the job of both being a watch (7-10 day+ battery life) and displaying notifications better.
>unique features of the apple watch are either gimmicks (e.g. sending someone your heartbeat, you'll do it once when you and your wife/gf both have apple watches) or poorly performing (e.g. battery life, non-notification functions, the heart rate sensor that is only accurate when you are not physically active)

The hardware is really the worst limitation. The initial software was worse, then they copied Pebble's timeline idea. But the hardware still severely limits it. Hence why you're seeing clearouts of the sports model at $250.
>>
File: .jpg (32 KB, 823x463) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
32 KB, 823x463
>>51980123
Oh by the way, on the topic of gimmicks
>boarding passes
Seeing idiots try to use boarding passes on the apple watch is groanworthy. The TSA uses these scanners with the screen and reader mounted away from you, making you do this weird "watch facing the ground while reaching over the TSA agent's desk" thing. Always slower and more awkward than a printed or phone displayed boarding pass.

Same game when you get to the gates- the overwhelming majority of gates use barcode readers that are shooting up towards the ceiling, requiring similar contortion.

I've met a lot of frequent travelers with them and for most they didn't regret it enough to return it but they got much less out of the purchase than they thought they would.
>>
>>51973341
the price and not making an android application for it, if google can make android wear work on iOS apple can certainly make watchOS work on android.
oh also
>proprietary straps which cost a fortune.
>>
>>51973341
Nothing. It beat their own sales expectation and continues to sell strong and steady.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.