[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure if posting in right place but what's a good/the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: kobo aura hd and a kindle.jpg (185 KB, 1000x759) Image search: [Google]
kobo aura hd and a kindle.jpg
185 KB, 1000x759
Not sure if posting in right place but what's a good/the best e-book reader, particularly if I just want to load in a whole metric fuckton of epubs?
I was thinking of getting the kobo aura hd.
Opinions? Anything I should keep in mind?
Or is it more of a "fuck it, get a tablet" thing now a days?
>>
>>51973112
read a real book faggot be a man
>>
>>51973112
Get one that has backlight, also screen ppi is a factor
Use calibre for kindles
I had voyage and didnt like the glass, I think paperwhite(2?) with matte screen is the best choice atm
>>
>>51973142
Shut the fuck before I beat your ass up bitch
>>
Tablets have a better screen if you can avoid reading outside while the sun shines
>>
>>51973112
either get a backlit e-ink reader or a tablet with a high resolution screen
>>
>>51973142
I have 3 hours of commute per day, so I normally go through books like water, I can't afford to keep up this lifestyle, I need a more permanent solution.

>>51973217
Thanks anon. PPI isn't the biggest issue for me because I want something bigger than the standard 6", seems too small for me.

>>51973248
>>51973265
I thought about the tablet too but I really like the paper look of e-readers, besides it's like $200 cheaper and all I really want it for is reading ebooks.
>>
>>51973112
>fuck it, get a tablet
>>
>>51973337
Tablets are literally the same price, especially the windows ones
>>
This is just me, but I prefer the Nook Simple Touch. It's really fucking cheap and does what I need it to.
>>
File: 1418346559152.jpg (60 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1418346559152.jpg
60 KB, 500x375
My bros Kindle Paperwhite 3 is too heavy for me to hold for a long time at 220 grams. The kobo glo hd is still heavy at 180 grams (never held it however)

I'm sensitive to weight - whats a good ereader for anon?
>>
>>51973337
Yes, I was thinking the same when I got my Kobo Aura. Wtf is this shit, it's small as fuck, and then I understood why 6" ereader are popular, it's just the perfect size and the perfect weight. If you know someone who has one to try it.

I also recommend the one of the latest ereader (that's dumb, eh, but ereader world is like that) like the PocketBook Touch Lux 3, Kindle Paperwhite (latest) and Kobo Glo HD.

>>51973463
How do you read a book, then ?
>>
>>51974114
>How do you read a book, then ?
I put big books on my lap and hunch over but it looks and feels awful.
>>
>>51973112
iPad Mini 3
>>
i looked at the paperwhite/glo in stores, are the backlights supposed to be uneven?

also, how do you read technical books on such a small screen, it seemed like it'd be awful.
>>
>>51973376
second this unless you require a backlight.
i prefer e-paper to lcds for reading, if you want something for comics, black and white or color, its all lcd there.
>>
KOBO GLO HD
O
B
O

G
L
O

H
D
>>
Just get a fucking paperwhite you stupid autist
>>
Icarus Illumina HD is the way to go. Backlit e-ink display, tactile page turn buttons, epub and pdf compatibility, no DRM, expandable memory, and Android 4.2
Don't listen to Kobo shills on this board. All of them are cheap as fuck and won't even last you a year and will be out of warranty by then.

Check out slsk and #bookz in the Undernet for pirating books.
>>
>falling for the meme-book reader meme
>>
>>51973142
>whole apartment is already lined with shelves full of books
They simply take up too much space if you read more than maybe one book per month.
>>
>>51973217

I hated the paperwhite frontlighting. Like hated so bad I used a normal booklight instead.
>>
>>51974899
>i looked at the paperwhite/glo in stores, are the backlights supposed to be uneven?

They aren't backlit. They are actualy frontlit. And it is supposed to look terrible.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.