[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you own any Apple products? Which? I have a 160gb iPod Classic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 480.jpg (67 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
480.jpg
67 KB, 640x480
Do you own any Apple products? Which?

I have a 160gb iPod Classic that I still haven't opened after all these years
>>
>>51971524
No. I had an iPod when I was in highschool, but as I grew wiser and smarter I bought a better music player.
>>
2nd gen ipod touch, 8gb of space

still works breddy good as an mp3 player
>>
Iphone 6s.
IPad Air I'm posting from now.
Mac Mini hooked up to my TV.
>>
rMBP, iPhone 6, iPad, old and new, with ancient MBP C2D.

Bretty gud.
>>
>>51971524
An old 1st gen Mac Mini, the little thing still works perfectly. Haven't used it in ages, but I'm sure it'd start right up if I tried.
>>
>>51971544
Did you buy a Pono?
>>
>>51971524

I own a MacBook Pro and an iPhone 6
>>
>>51971524
>iPhone 6S 128GB
>iPad Mini 2 I never really used or needed (talk about buyers remorse)
>2012 13" i7 nMBP which has served me well but is soon going to be replaced by a 13" rMBP
>>
File: ShillStation2011.jpg (224 KB, 1255x939) Image search: [Google]
ShillStation2011.jpg
224 KB, 1255x939
Here's my old Apple shill station

I sold most of it in 2013

Fuck Apple, their products are shit, their ecosystem is garbage, and people who buy their products are idiots
>>
>>51971677
Yeah, it's excellent, unlike apple garbage
>>
iPhone 4
MacBook Pro (2009)
iPad 2
AppleTV

come at me
>>
iPad 2 that works well, iPhone 5 that works well. Dunno what everyone is so anti-apple. their shit works well.

also keep a VM on my fedora box specifically to run iTunes. imagine that -- the only reason i have an instance of windows is to run apple's software on it, lol. daily os is fedora.
>>
macbook pro

watching tim cook defend encryption right now
>>
>>51971720
>used to own 9 applel products
>sold most of it
>still has applel shit
I hope you realize you just called yourself an idiot.
>>
>>51971794
Why not run os x in the vm? I tried running itunes once to jailbreak someone's iphone (got €25 for it). It literally froze 3 minutes after the installation. It also took me half an hour to completely get rid of every bit of it. Never ever did I feel so violated by a program, well unless we count the time I tried to debloat a laptop I bought when I was in high school.
>>
I was gifted an iPod shuffle when they were new. Other than that I haven't owned/used an Apple product.
>>
>>51971524
2012 macbook pro
iboner 6,5s
>>
>>51971897
Some of it it didn't make sense to sell, kept it so long it was worth more to remind me never to buy Apple again senpai

I don't use any of it anymore, it sits in my electronics graveyard.
>>
>>51972339
>>51971720
what's so shit?
Their products are fun to use, feel nice in the hand, look nice and for the most part do what their intended to do well
>inb4 can't torrent on iphone
What's so shit about that?
Can only speak for macs and iphones though. Never used an ipad and never will
>>
>>51972430
oh forgot:
Written from my hackintosh :p

>>51971837
is there a full version of the show anywhere?
>>
iPad 3
iPod Touch 2nd Gen(docked on alarm)

This seems like an appropriate thread to ask a few questions about switching ecosystems. I plan on buying a rMBP 13 in the spring. How is pirating application on OSX? I need Dreamweaver for work and I'm sure as hell not buying it.
>>
I own a macbook because my faggot school thought it was a good idea.
>>
iPad 2, WiFi only, 16GB, iOS 6, jailbroken. Can totally into torrents. I changed the touch digitizer after it fell on the ground and the LCD cabble was disconnected. I bought the replacement and it worked for a few months until it's flat cable broke inside. I'm replacing it again before xmas.
It works like a charm, altought I should've bought the 32GB version atleast.
>>
File: 1450034899837.jpg (67 KB, 704x368) Image search: [Google]
1450034899837.jpg
67 KB, 704x368
>>51972430

5 biggest reasons I switched from Apple:

* Overpriced, underperforming desktops

* Lack of programs on OS X aka lack of compatibility

* iPhones are overpriced, limited in function, require iTunes to load MY content to the device

* Windows performs better on the same hardware (this was true on every Intel Apple product I owned) for the things I do with it

* I didn't like eating shit from my own hands
>>
>>51972600
Well meme'd, gentleman! Upvote
Agreed that apple products are too expensive but that doesn't make them any less good.
As I said
>limited function on a fucking phone
Windows is cheaper and performance marginally better but it's always a pain in the ass and infects itself with malware just by googling things without an antivirus. Not even speaking of telemetry shit.
There are arguably more and better programs on os x for professionals ( sorry, chinese cartoons aren't programs) than on windows.
Tl;dr; there still is no reason why the products are meant to be shit
>except for ipads and iwatches
>>
>rMBP 13" 16GB RAM i7 256GB SSD
>iPhone 5s 64GB
>Mac Mini i5 4GB RAM 1TB HD

I also own four Thinkpads, a Lenovo Y580, a gaming desktop, an old Dell desktop that currently has Haiku installed, several netbooks, and a Dell server that is acting as a media center for the living room. The bedroom has the Mac Mini hooked up to its TV.

I run several flavors of Linux, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, FreeBSD, and Mac OS.
>>
>>51972737
>but that doesn't make them any less good.

Yes it does, it means they don't have the same value even if they did the same things an Android device is capable of.

>and infects itself with malware just by googling things

Oh look, this old meme

>There are arguably more and better programs on os x for professionals

Apple's products are literally the only exclusives. For engineers, the programs are simply not supported and likely never will be.

>there still is no reason why the products are meant to be shit

Why are you even saying that? That's something someone frustrated with Apple's products would say.
>>
I own an iPad mini that sits on a shelf and collects dust.
>>
>>51971524
iphone 3g
i think it still works. screen might be damaged because i wasn't very careful when taking it apart.
>>
File: 1450106308923.jpg (85 KB, 685x474) Image search: [Google]
1450106308923.jpg
85 KB, 685x474
>>51971524
None...I'm heterosexual. I am happy however that you've embraced your hunger for dickmeat.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.