[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/build/ - Computer Build General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
Put this thing together for a general programming / lightweight gayman / chinese cartoons watching. All for 515$. Tell me what do you think and what you would want me to change, also post your builds so I can rate'm.
>>
lolwut, these threads usually fill up with replies, are you faggots depressed or something?
>>
>>51971531
it seems pretty legit to me. You should be interested in grabbing skylake instead of haswell if you're into graphics programming, but that's pretty much it.
>>
File: build.png (59 KB, 1152x466) Image search: [Google]
build.png
59 KB, 1152x466
>>51971242
>>51971531
calm it mate. is this pcpartpicker? the peripherals weigh it down so you can't really spend much elsewhere, but that looks decent for what you described. 515$ for peripherals with it seems like a good deal.

how's my build? http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/sT4zJx
>>
>>51971531
>>51971242

Fuck off tripcunt
>>
>>51971657
I'm calm bruh, don't worry you're safe, I like your build, you pretty much just got the bare minimum to run games at 1080p at a decent framerate. I'd recommend a RAM stick with a heatsink as it did a slight improvement in my RAM read/write during tests under memtest but otherwise I'd pul the trigger on it.
>>51971670
Hope one day your social anxiety will ease enough for you to be able to identify yourself on imageboards m8
>>51971571
hmm, skylakes also put a slight improvement in performance bringing the benchmark scores from like 7800 to 8000 for ex (and easing my OCD), if the motherboards for 1551 are cheap I'll definitely look into it.
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MZBk23

For gaming and other time-wasting activities. Any imbalances?
>>
>>51971767
alright thanks mate that's good to hear. i'll look into the ram heatsink thing a bit more. don't actually have 1080p but have a 1600x900 monitor kek. should be good though. can't wait.
>>
>>51971922
kek well, if you wanna cut down on price you can grab even weaker parts to play at 30fps at 1600x900, if you're planning to upgrade your monitor though stick to your build. Make sure to have your parts on a plastic bag or something while building. Good luck
>>51971809
looks ok but are you sure you'll need 850W?
>>
File: IMG_20151220_125425.jpg (2 MB, 4208x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151220_125425.jpg
2 MB, 4208x3120
made for falloutb4, game dev, etc

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B2 80+ BRONZE, 750W Semi Modular NVIDIA SLI and Crossfire Ready

Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel H110 Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard GA-H110M-A

Intel Core I5-6600 FC-LGA14C 3.30 Ghz 6 M Processor Cache 4 LGA 1151 (stock fan)

Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 2133 MT/s (PC4-17000) CL15 DR x8 Non-ECC UDIMM

AMD R9 380 256 Bit GDDR5 4GB 2xDVI/HDMI/DP G1

An old 250GB SSD and the 700GB harddrive out of my laptop, the case is some old but large case I got secondhand years ago that has two fans.

Idle temps have been about 27C for the cpu and 53C for the gpu

Inside picture < (hdd is loose like that since I'm only keeping it lying down horizontally anyway) those cables taped to the side are mostly to useless junk the previous owner had like these fan knobs and flashy lights. All I bothered connecting was the speaker, power button, fans (one fan is the normal SYS_FAN and the other is just an always-on one that goes right to the psu)

Not really anything to see on the outside

Played some Fallout 4 on it and it ran great so far on ultra, and I can finally do unity dev smoothly. Planning on just leaving all my unity projects and other stuff open now that I have 16GB, one of the main reasons I got so much.
>>
>>51972007
probably is excessive. means if I choose a motherboard that supports SLI instead of the MSI one, then I have headroom to drop in another 980Ti in 6 months time or whatever.
>>
>>51972007
yeah could cut down but i might end up getting a better monitor in the future. i'm aiming for 60fps in most games as well, so hopefully this rig can do most games at that or near it at least.
and is the plastic bag for static? yeah i've read up on that and it scares the shit out of me, as well as installing the cpu. apparently i just need to touch the case or psu a lot though. case isn't metal i don't think so probably psu will do.
and ty hope it all goes well.
>>
>>51972062
oh yeah, this is with a 1600x1200 crt, love that crt
>>
>>51972073
Makes sense, you might want cop a low end i7 with hyperthreading too for that slight squeeze of extra performance.
>>51972062
I would've bought a i5-6660K with a water cooling kit but otherwise sweet rig brah
>>
>>51972062
Cable management isn't a meme anon.
>>
Lol thread is kill
Are you guys too poor to build PC's or what
>>
File: current specs.jpg (165 KB, 1009x473) Image search: [Google]
current specs.jpg
165 KB, 1009x473
Dont know how much attention this will get, but I need a bit of advice.

This is my current setup. I mainly game.

I found a deal on an i7 4790k for $250. I planned on grabbing a new case and motherboard as well.

My question is, would it really be worth it for gaming? Should I just stick with what I currently have and upgrade elsewhere? Should I just wait?

My current CPU is 5-6 years old at this point, and most of the games I play rely on single threaded performance. It's still a strong CPU for multi-threaded workloads, but in modern games its age is definitely starting to show.

I'm still able to cancel my order for a few more hours, just in case.
>>
>>51971657

This may come down to anecdotal evidence but I've heard about (and had) bad experiences with MSI mobos, especially the p33. Imo You're better off getting a gigabyte h81m or shelling out some more for an Asus b85 or h97 if you care about USB headers and whatnot.

You could get 2x4gb for double channel if you don't plan on upgrading RAM immediately, Kingston or gskill ones go for cheap and have le epic gaymur heatsink.

Not a fan of the case but that's just personal taste.

Bear in mind that i3s also offer good performance on games coupled with a decent GPUs, that is if you want to save a few quid.

Other than that build looks good.
>>
>>51972062

Way too much power for that build but I guess PSUs are forever.

Also you could try to manage your cables a bit better.

>>51971242

Where's the mobo?
>>
>>51973523
psu was only $60 so I figured I might as well future proof it
>>
>>51973414

Yeah, you could even get an unlocked i5 if all you care about is single thread perfomance. But it would be a nice update that lasts a couple of years.
>>
>>51973581
I wonder why my trip suddenly put itself in the field this time, weird
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.