[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the EASIEST drone to fly?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: $_57.jpg (127 KB, 1000x943) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
127 KB, 1000x943
I wanna buy a drone (with camera) and don't wanna pay more than $150.
Having never flown one before, I thought it'd be best to google "easiest drones to use for beginners".
The net reassured me that I'd have to be a crack-riddled spastic to be incapable of using the "Quadcopter RC DM007 Spy Explorer Drone" with ease. As such, I bought one.
As of mere minutes later however, I'd crashed it so many times that I fucking threw the thing away. It simply wouldn't take off without having a fucking seizure and spazzing out in all directions.
I'd read the manual, done all the calibrations and such as recommended on drone forums... but nope, not happening. It was i shit you not, almost as bad as watching me when I drunkenly dance. i.e like watching a drunken tarantula being electrocuted during a hurricane.
So, just incase it wasn't simply a faulty unit and I am in fact apparently more retarded than the 6yo's I've watched flying this thing on youtube.... guys... is there a drone which even the most incompetent simpleton is guaranteed to be able to fly without problems? It looks SO friggin' easy on youtube, even with kids who are using it for their first time.

pls halp. i wanna get this thing before christmas, 'cause i wanna get a mate one too as a xmas gift.

thanks /g/
>>
>>51968257

nice, blog bitch.

you welcome.
>>
Have a bump but I can't help sorry

>>51968267
>>51968269

People like you two are literally the cancer killing /g/
>>
File: cancerlookslikethis.png (2 KB, 388x31) Image search: [Google]
cancerlookslikethis.png
2 KB, 388x31
>>51968314

>I wanna buy a drone (with camera) and don't wanna pay more than $150.
>>
File: hubsanx4.png (633 KB, 1500x1124) Image search: [Google]
hubsanx4.png
633 KB, 1500x1124
>>51968257
>like watching a drunken tarantula being electrocuted during a hurricane
I kekd.

As for your question, I've got a Hubsan X4 and it's pretty easy to fly. The X4 H107C variant even has a small 720p camera in it - if a camera is a must for you. Keep in mind though that these quads are really small, so you can't really fly them outside even in light winds.
>>
damn man, some of you guys are so friendly. warms my heart. (legit, i have no idea why i've apparently pissed off some anons. not asking for tech support, and >>51968360 dude really? you think my post would encourage people to buy the thing?)
>>51968314
thanks kind anon. ilybrah.
>>51968396
> it's pretty easy to fly
>pretty
this implies that they're not as easy as i'd thought. i legit thought drones which are built for kids, were so easy it'd be near-impossible to experience the hell i endured with this bastard thing i bought. while i am 99% convinced it was simply faulty, it's not long til christmas and i'd love to get my lil niece 7yo one too... if i can just find one she's gonna be able to use, as opposed to being given some sack of crap which will make the whole family hate me 'cause she's weeping into her christmas dinner that she broke the toy she has of late, been nagging her parents to buy her for weeks.
>>
>>51968257
>wants a flying weapon with camera to spy
>doesn't even do research of his own on it

typical drone user. Thank god FAA is finally stepping in to regulate you shitbags.
>>
I have a hubsan x4 h107l its really good
>>
File: drone.jpg (37 KB, 1200x752) Image search: [Google]
drone.jpg
37 KB, 1200x752
>>51968674
>flying weapon
what is this, a weapon for ants?
dude this is by no stretch of the english language, a weapon. it's a floating toy with a camera stuck to it.
>>51968737
thanks breh. looking into it now.
and sorry but just to clarify, by "good" you do mean not just in general, but in it's sheer ease-of-use, right?
>>
>>51968786
Well I bought some kind of propellor guard thing and this thing now is just indestructable. It was my first time flying this drone and it survived. Also it's quite stable and its not that expensive at all. Most people see it as the best beginner drone. Also has a experienced mode which is fun to fly with. It reacts way faster then
>>
>>51968786
It's a weapon when you can fly them into people's faces and eyes and fuck them up due to an incompetent drone user.

Not to mention if you're buying tiny just so you can film in the sky then you're clearly looking to violate privacy of people which also is another reason you drone users should be outright banned.
>>
>>51968633

>ilybrah
>breh
>>
>>51968832
alrighty, thanks matey, added it to my list of those i'm looking into.
>>51968865
>Not to mention if you're buying tiny just so you can film in the sky then you're clearly looking to violate privacy of people which blah blah rant etc...
actually if you must know, and quite why that should be is frankly rather confusing but, nevertheless here, for your peace of mind... i live by the beach, have been very much inspired by this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBeMSzbk6Ro and as such would like to produce some of my own. the beach as you can see, is near-deserted, as it's in a very remote area. i promise not to fuck your face.

jesus, why is this thread such a struggle? chill, /g/, i just wanna buy a toy!
>>
>>51968257
>what are RC simulators?
If you did your research properly you would have stumbled into this option instead of crashing your shit, I recommend rcfly simulator 7, you can even pirate it and hook it up to a PS3 controller.

The video you're going to get will probably be shit, since those cheap uavs don't come with a gimbal stabilizer for the camera.

What are you planning to do with the uav, OP?
>>
>>51968958
>i-i-i-i swear it's for my beach autism, i don't want to spy anyone. I swear officer i won't peeping tom that little girl getting changed in her house.
>>
>>51968257
>007 SPY

Voyeurs aren't even hiding it anymore.
>>
>>51969026
>implying the name wasn't a byproduct of clueless chinkshit naming
>>
>>51968257
Here you go OP:
www.cnet.com/news/faa-to-open-drone-registration-on-december-21

www.faa.gov/uas/registration

Your welcome!
>>
>>51968970
>>what are RC simulators?
5 days 'til christmas, if i am to get my niece the only present i can think of which she might actually enjoy, then i don't have time. i need to get on this shiz now.
>>51969002
fine, you got me. i'm gonna immediately fly it into an orphanage and, having filmed as much cp as possible, press the detonator and through the sheer power of this "weapon", kill the lot of them in the most agonizing way possible.

dude.
i just like beaches. holy shit.

ugh i've gtg... more suggestions would be very much appreciated. thanks to those who weren't raging 12yo's. peace out /g/

>>51969091
just saw your post before hitting 'x'. and sigh. yeah i'm aware, but until the necessary bureaucratic lunacy has been sufficiently seen to, indoor use should be fun too, right?

anyway.
thanks /g/. given me a couple of suggestions, appreciate the advice.

peace out dronebros.
>>
>>51969091
Get out statist bootlicker
Rc hobbyists who get butthurt because drones are becoming mainstream are the worst
>>
>>51969156
>indoor use should be fun too, right?
Hell no!
>>
>>51969274
>Rc hobbyists who get butthurt because drones are becoming mainstream are the worst
Is this really a thing? Oh wow.
>>
>>51970198
Yes, they do so because according to them, the government will start to regulate the use of unmanned flying aircraft, unless it stays as a relatively unknown nerd hobby. They're the ultimate hipsters
>>
>>51969274
>>51970354
Dumbasses who don't know how, when and where to fly and get people injured and then run away without taking any responsibility are the absolute worst, dipshit.
It's not about "nerd hobby", it's about idiots taking their new toy, using it without knowing how, being huge dicks about it and then running away when things don't get pretty.
>>
>>51970517
That's a problem that is not exclusive to either group. There's your first mistake, and the only way to solve it is by opening up and sharing information, which is what RC hobbyists are unwilling to do.
>>
DRONES SHOULD BE MADE HARDER TO FLY NOT EASIER

PLEBS SHOULDNT BE FLYING ANYTHING ANYWHERE

NOW WATCH THIS BASED MOTHERFUCKER FLY STRAIGHT UP VIOLATING ALL SORTS OF AIRSPACE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PovZCfDXA5A

BUT HE EARNED IT CUS HE DESIGNED BUILT AND CALIBRATED THE QUAD HIMSELF
>>
>>51968257
Don't be impatient, it's like a video game except you can really break shit.
Start slow, just hovering and moving very fucking slow. I've yet to do a quad but have been playing with helicopters for years. I taught my 7 year old niece to fly. It's all about baby steps.
>>
>>51971878
>DRONES SHOULD BE MADE HARDER TO FLY NOT EASIER
F1 CARS SHOULD BE HARDER TO DRIVE, NOT EASIER
so, yaknow, more people are hurt. sheer brilliance, anon.
>>
Propel rc helicopter has a wii type remote, very easy to use.
>>
File: 1428502487893628[1].jpg (558 KB, 4500x2500) Image search: [Google]
1428502487893628[1].jpg
558 KB, 4500x2500
>>
>>51972330
whut dis? looks kinda cool. y u so no elaborate?
>>
>>51972251
>YFW UNSKILLED PLEBS DRIVING F1 CARS OVER YOUR HEAD AND INTO AIR TRAFFIC CORRIDORS

>>51972330
>DJI
THE PLEB DRONE DESTROYING THE HOBBY

HE SAID UNDER $150 BTW, KEK
>>
Honestly kinda surprized, as horrible as it would be, that some one hasn't rigged one of these with a weapon system and go on a shooting spree remotely.
>>
Don't forget to register it with the FAA!!
>>
>>51972475
ideas, anon. stop giving people them.
...but isn't the range atm too shit anyway?
...don't answer that. it'll only lead to further discussion as to how this could be achieved.
dammit. once the internet becomes conscious and takes control of things like drones, we're fucked. we right here in this thread are discussing how to build terminators ffs. the happening is happ.
>>
>>51972524
The range in this video looks totally fine >>51971878
>>
File: hubsan-x4-quadcopter.jpg (68 KB, 360x314) Image search: [Google]
hubsan-x4-quadcopter.jpg
68 KB, 360x314
OP here.
can't sleep, cbf to read any more reviews, just bought myself a "Hubsan X4" because, well, there seem to be a lot of positive reviews online, it has a camera, plus it was cheap as fuck so i don't care that im inevitably gonna crash the thing into the sea the first time i use it.
>>
>>51972567
fairly confident that this isn't indicative of the average drone range, yo. not sure your average schoolboy shooter could afford one.

i mean, poweful, warmongering people with means and money could do it, as illustrated by the fact that, well, they are doing it.
>>
>>51972226
yeah seems so. shame. i really hoped there'd be something hyper-simple so i could give it to my niece this christmas, but it'd be a terrible gift. it'd be broken within an hour because inevitably she's immediately gonna insist on playing with it, and even if i did have the knowledge to properly teach her, i'd be too busy stuffing my face and getting drunk, because that's what christmas is for.

fuck man, come to think of it, given the recent increase in interest in drones, there are gonna be a lot of upset kids this christmas.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5JgnMJzCtQ
>>
File: helix_callouts.jpg (139 KB, 980x600) Image search: [Google]
helix_callouts.jpg
139 KB, 980x600
>>51972788
GET HER AN ACTUAL TOY DRONE

AIRHOGS HELIX, ITS MADE OF FOAM WITH ENCASED PROPS

PS THE VIDEO UR GONNA GET OF THAT HUBSAN IS DOGSHIT

YOU NEED THE EQUIVALENT OF A GIMBALLED GOPRO FOR GOOD AREAL VIDEO
>>
>>51972920
>GET HER AN ACTUAL TOY DRONE
I WILL WHEN I CAN TEACH HER HOW TO USE THE THING
VIDEO QUALITY IS OF LITTLE IMPORTANCE AT THIS POINT, I'LL UPGRADE WHEN I'M A BETTER 'PILOT'
WHY THE FUCK ARE WE SHOUTING?
>>
>everything remote controlled is now a drone
Someone please make it stop
>>
>>51973021
>>everything remote controlled is now a drone
i think you're probably the only person in the history of mankind to say this.
>>
>>51972964
EVEN YOU'LL BE ABLE TO FLY AN AIRHOGS, THEN YOU CAN SHOW HER

ITS A BASED AS FUCK TOY COMPANY, I'DVE KILLED FOR THESE TOYS WHEN I WAS 5

http://www.airhogs.com/site/product/helix-x4-stunt
>>
>>51973180
herp a derp
>>
>>51973225
>1 example
>by an ebay seller who probably can't speak english

>everything remote controlled is now a drone

i wanted to buy a drone, but elected not to because they couldn't provide what i wanted, as discussed in this thread. why the angsty pedantic shit anon? what are you trying to prove?
>>
>>51973292
>what are you trying to prove?
That people now call any aerial remote controlled craft a drone.
>>
>>51973336
>That people now call any aerial remote controlled craft a drone.
ah, well now i get to be pedantic. aircraft alone do not "all things remote controlled" make.
the definition is ambiguous anyway, and... furthermore this conversation is unprofitable and dumb, and i'm too busy trying to think wtf to buy for a 7yo girl to continue this conversation, so i'll bid you good day, /g/. imma go sleep.

...but seriously, there are so many unnecessarily abrasive posts on here, what's up with that? bet it'd be a lot less irritating if people didn't insist on proving their e-penises by hammering every single fkn trivial minutiae about which nobody really cares.

anyway, peace out all. just finished watching brba, so imma turn off my drone. (or, fine, you pedantic penis, before you complain and worry that the world is coming to and end - yeah it's in fact not a drone, it's a remote controlled television)
>>
>>51973336
>people now call any aerial remote controlled craft a drone
Yeah, because it's correct.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.