[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, How do I stop being a programming brainlet? And start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 1440636107162.png (490 KB, 1597x1905) Image search: [Google]
1440636107162.png
490 KB, 1597x1905
Hey /g/, How do I stop being a programming brainlet? And start getting serious and working on real projects? Please help
>>
Posting feelshit and thinking Corean women are attractive means you're too retarded to ever do anything useful; give up now.
>>
kernelnewbies.org

get your shit together and hack the kernel like big boys
>>
>>51951386
>Corean
a racist+misogynist can't spell. what a surprise.
>>
Learn software development practice.

Never write anything you don't fully understand, read the documentation for anything you use.
>>
>>51951458
isn't that how north koreans spell it when they write stuff in english characters? or something like that.

point being he's not unable to spell; he's channelling some persona that spells it that way.

between "can't spell" and "delusional/pretending to be a character", i don't know which is worse.
>>
>>51951473
>never write anything you don't fully understand
that would require most employers changing their expectations from "commit on first day" to "commit on first year".
>>
>>51951421
Awesome Ill check it out

>>51951473
I will get on this too. Know any simple but sort of big projects on github i can check out?
>>
>>51951530
yeah start doing some simple work around kernel, clean some files, perhaps do some easy tasks and progress from there. You can in the end actually make yourself a good career just hacking kernel.
>>
File: 1442839765776.jpg (26 KB, 422x362) Image search: [Google]
1442839765776.jpg
26 KB, 422x362
>>51951343
>>
>>51951515

Reading is not difficult. You can cover the documentation for even some of the most complicated projects out there in an hour.

For the stuff you're using day to day (languages, standard libraries, build systems, other tools) you should already know like the back of your hand, at least for the most common and relevant parts.
>>
>>51951658
>company's internal-use project
>documentation
huehuehuahuehua.gif
>>
>>51951515

Everyone loves gaymen. https://github.com/liballeg/allegro5

Unfortunately requires a lot of domain-specific knowledge to contribute.

Maybe you can find some lonely gui application with some open issues.
>>
>>51951622
The gommies are here. fugg :DDD
>>
>>51951511
We're writing here in english. It doesn't matter how they write their shit.
>>
>>51951688
>>
/g/는 한국을 사랑해요?
>>
Get yourself a raspberry pi, and program microcontrollers in C. That's my plan, anyway, to also start working on something relatively serious. It'll give you some good insight on embedd systems.
>>
File: Flash Sweat.png (80 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Flash Sweat.png
80 KB, 225x225
>>51951688
Oh boy, don't remind me.
>>
It's suppose to be corea. The only reason its korea because of Japan having A hissy fit over the olympics and wanting japan to be read first
>>
>>51951688

Isn't that the fucking truth.

The 'documentation' for numerous things at the company I work at is the application, code, and stepping through it with Visual Studio. There's your fucking documentation.
>>
>>51951980
>2014+1
>Shilling the SJWpi

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>51952247
>falling for these memes

What do you recommend then? The GNU+Silicone Chink Pi?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.