[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Win 7 vs Win 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (59 KB, 1368x768) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
59 KB, 1368x768
Hello, Im building a new PC so which OS is better for gaming perfomance (on you're experience) I don't know if this old topic but I want you're help C:
>>
>>51950616
>gaming
>not wanting DX12
>>
i'm honestly curious why /v/ isn't the preferred place to ask this question. if your sole criterion is gaming performance, shouldn't some subset of them --- the subset that plays videogames on the PC --- know about this?

you're just going to get a bunch of faggots telling you to install gentoo and to make a hackintosh or whatever other bike-shedding shit that can find a way not to be helpful.
>>
OP here so reformulate in general perfomance which is better?
>>
>>51950616
install gentoo
>>
>>51950626
>the dx12 meme

heh
>>
>>51950616
-your*
-Win7 -> more free RAM, more games are compatible
-Win10 -> DX12

If you want to play only the latest games, go for 10. If you want to play anything without many issues, go for 7. Performance is the same on both systems, but 10 uses more RAM.

Also install Gentoo.
>>
Win 7 for now and upgrade when DX12 actually starts being used.
>>
Get 10.
>>
>>51952012
>>51951042
this
>>
>>51950616
Windows 10 has a bunch of bloat/ads and uploads a bunch of data to Microsoft.
It's also a bit slower.
DX12 is still irrelevant at this point.

Get 7 or 8.
Try 10 in another six months or so when MS hopefully realizes that people don't want spyware.
>>
>>51950616
Windows 8.1 gives you the same improvements of W10 without the shitness of 10.
And since DX12 wont be relevant for a few years you should go with that.
>>
>>51950616
JUST POO IN THE LOO
>>
>>51952012
Good goy, when you buy win7 (which is getting harder by the day), you have to buy win10 too. Only preinstalled windows get's free upgrade.
>>
>>51953822
>Filtered

If everyone would do the same, we wouldn't have to read to your factually incorrect statements, and chin would be a better place.
>>
>>51953987
What I said was 100% correct. You're just delusional and think you're always right because your (also delusional) mommy told you that you are the smartest kid alive when you aced that one math test in 4th grade.
>>
>>51950616
Do you have 16GB or more of RAM
>Yes
Windows 10 will be faster
>No
Windows 7 will be faster

Windows 10 is faster almost all round, but if you have less than 16GB (ie. probably 8GB or less) you'll have a bad time for gaming in the long run.
Why? When Windows 10 starts to run out of memeory, instead of paging first, it will compress existing memory, this takes CPU cycles to compress and decompress (but is generally faster than paging)

Games are usually pretty careful not to get paged out to HDD, but are entirely unaware of the memory compression - so if a game starts using large amounts of RAM, it's memory space might get compressed, slowing the game down.
>>
>>51950643
>whatever other bike-shedding shit that can find a way not to be helpful
that's most of us alright
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.