[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best antivirus software?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: avast.png (5 KB, 370x136) Image search: [Google]
avast.png
5 KB, 370x136
What is the best antivirus software?
>>
>>51943296
COMMON
>>
>>51943304
SENSE
>>
>>51943309
>>
MSE

If you need more than that you may as well install Linux, GNU/Linux distributions create a walled garden repository safe space around the OS to protect people who are extremely careless.
>>
I only use MSE and then once a week I run a Malware Bytes scan to see if I was drunk enough to click something stupid.
>>
an OS that isn't infested with viruses
>>
>>51943817
this desu
>>
>>51943296
Install gentoo
>>
File: 4L_qfBJnvwI.jpg (47 KB, 443x354) Image search: [Google]
4L_qfBJnvwI.jpg
47 KB, 443x354
>>51943296
Abstinence education
>>
>>51943296
Common Sense 2016.

MBAM isn't bad as a backup, but you should never have an antivirus as your first line of defence.
>>
>>51943296
Don't listen to these common sense faggots, install Avast.
>>
once again Public Service Announcment
how to get payed solution AntiVirus for free without risking malware

- download Eset NOD32, its pure antivirus, no bundled shit
- enable 30 days free trial
- when it ends, google "eset trial keys"
- get another one, lasting 1-3 months

these keys can be used by multiple users so no, they are not taken... they just run out

do this few times a year and enjoy quality, very light AV, where you are not bothered by advertisements or some deep entanglement in to the system bullshit. Also it has lowest rate of false positives, so no fucking up your cracks and activation tools.
-----------
but you should go linux anyway, windows on dualboot for games only

>>51944328
avast tries too much to dig deep in to your system controlling every aspect
I used it for 2 years and its allright solution but there are better ways
also though not my case, 3 notebooks I had been solving this year that had inexplicable issues and instability, 3 of them were solved by removing avast and switching to panda(cant recommend nod32 to noob users)
>>
>>51944357
NOD32 is awful, it's AVG tier.
Never had a problem with avast digging deep into my system trying to control every aspect.
I actually did a series of tests on virustotal a few weeks ago and Avast was the most accurate.
>>
File: free_av.png (212 KB, 1003x601) Image search: [Google]
free_av.png
212 KB, 1003x601
>>51944385
>NOD32 is awful, it's AVG tier.
lol no
avg is decent detection wise
its the fact that it has history of borking the system whenever that makes it shit
well also interfaace and pushy adds same as avast
avast and avg are in the same category for me

>Never had a problem with avast digging deep into my system trying to control every aspect.
cool
but you also never run anything else for any time obviously, you just fanboy

>I actually did a series of tests on virustotal a few weeks ago and Avast was the most accurate.
scans of what, do you have large collection of malware files?
and accurate how? its only pass or not pass, using the word accurate seems so out of place
>>
antinatalism
>>
MSE
>>
>>51944411
>avg is decent detection wise
Holy fucking shit, are you retarded?
Did you even try it?

>scans of what, do you have large collection of malware files?
I made like 15 of them, using msfvenom with different shellcode and encoders, also binded with files.
Avast detected every single one of them, while AVG detected like 1, maybe 2.
>>
>>51944453
>Did you even try it?
yes
did you? did you try anything other than avast?

>I made like 15 of them
well post screenshots fanboy
>>
>>51944469
I did, AVG was by far the worst AV I have ever tried. Not just that it has the lowest detection rate, but it was taking up like 50% of my CPU.

>well post screenshots fanboy
I will post virustotal links later, I just got up.
And calling me an Avast fanboy is really stupid since I don't even use Windows anymore.
>>
File: zzzz.jpg (311 KB, 882x1630) Image search: [Google]
zzzz.jpg
311 KB, 882x1630
>>51944505
you are acting like avast fanboy, you get to be called avast fanboy
here are links to 2 respectable AV testing sites where avg beats avast you faggot fanboy

https://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/
http://chart.av-comparatives.org/chart1.php

also no one who really tries an antivirus for some time talks about detection rates, thats retarded faggot in you speaking
people dont encounter viruses daily so they dont talk about how avast reacted 12 times this week and avg 5 times and you then had virus dur hurr

avast is slow and suffocating the system which is obvious on any older syste
avg is no better but shitting on its detection rate is just retarded as for some time it was just fucking fine, better than avast with all its tools and shit and registrations and offers

so take your retard bag and go ask your parents why they feel disgust and disappointment when they look at you
>>
>>51943296

Gentoo.
Viruses, lmao.
>>
>>51944559
You are a complete retard.
AVG cannot even be compared to Avast.
Fuck off, AVG shill.
>avast is slow and suffocating the system
Retard confirmed. You didn't really try Avast, did you? That's AVG, not Avast, I think you may have mixed up those two.
>>
>>51944591
they both do it especially if you run some c2d its very obvious
go try panda or eset for comparison
I tried those too
bitdefender seems like it could be alright, cant be sure because I could not be on it for more than a few days cause the lack of basic preferences and settings made it unusable for me

see, I am actually providing arguments and knowledge of the AVs and linking to reputable testing sites.

you are just raging about avg... so go sleep retard, mama will walk you in the morning
>>
>>51944615
>see, I am actually providing arguments and knowledge of the AVs and linking to reputable testing sites
And I pulled my own tests, which I trust more than some testing site.

>so go sleep retard, mama will walk you in the morning
But, anon, I just woke up.
>>
Total 360
>>
What would be nice if there was a program you could run while in bsd or linux that would scan a windows partition for viruses
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.