[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
im a fucking idiot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 8613313.jpg.png (10 KB, 745x637) Image search: [Google]
8613313.jpg.png
10 KB, 745x637
> switch to linux os
> find out windows 32 became a fat32 folder wont boot up to windows
> dont knows what im doing fucking delete it by accident because im a total new fag
> like an autistic idiot i thought taking my system 32 folder before hand on a miniusb was a rescue idea
is there anyway for getting windows back even my partion of it is gone.
is there anyway to get windows back or am i stuck now. I might be able to jump on another computer tomorrow any solutions.
>>
>>51942937

holy shit you are retarded.

You are fucked, nigga.
>>
>>51942937
So basically you fucked up the partitioning and/or bootloader setup somehow and then proceeded to destroy your Windows install?

Just boot to Linux, salvage what you can from the Windows partition to USB flash or something and then rethink what you want the computer to run.
>>
>>51942970
during the ways of my idiocy i ended up getting a iso file of windows 10. Can i use my partiton manger and make something new out of that. Im gonna go back too 7 and how do i save this form of linux so i dont delete it. Pretty damn comfy but i need windows.
>>
Oh no, that happened to me once as well. Did you try some fancy Linux like arch or something? Your best bet is to reinstall your windows (download from Microsoft website) and then reinstall Linux with dual boot. Hopefully you have learned the lesson to always backup everything when installing OSs.
>>
>>51942937
>i thought taking my system 32 folder before hand on a miniusb was a rescue idea
What
>>
File: 1447378345056.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1447378345056.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>51942937
>installing OS without backing up your data first

you deserve this for being so stupid
>>
>>51943151
yes i thought copying my system folder would have helped me.
>>51943111
im poor as fuck
>>
>>51942937
it's fucked
time to start from scratch
>>
>>51943168
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>51943168
didn't you read, he backed up system32 beforehand

can't fault him for trying, even if it was fatally misguided
>>
>>51943016
Make a bootable USB stick from some Windows ISO file (there are plenty of ways to do this in Linux, just google) and reinstall Windows from that. Try to preserve the Linux partition if you can.

Once you have Windows booting again, you will probably find that Linux will no longer boot because Microsoft doesn't support that. Start the Linux distro's installer again and look for a repair option; you might be able to fix the Linux bootloader from there so that it starts first. It should tell you if it found both Linux and Windows. If it does, it will let you choose which one to boot when the system starts.
>>
>>51942937
install gentoo
>>
>>51943255
just tried pendrive installer and it said aborted because it contained a system32 archive
>>
>>51943226
educated memeposter
>>
>>51942937
nothing with value was lost if you have a backup
>>
>>51942937
You're literally a moron.
Just... stop existing.
>>
>>51942937
>>51942937
Next time try it out in a virtual machine.
>>
>backuped system32
>nothing else
Try some kind of data recovery utility and learn from your mistakes. Keep periodic backups on an external drive (or better yet, a remote location).
>>
Just recover any important file you can and pirate Win10 fgt
>>
>>51943874
What version are you using?
LTSB N here.
>>
>>51943894
Arch Linux version :D
>>
try using testdisk or ddrescue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddrPnuvFV6E&list=WL&index=3
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.